The magic carpet is a mode of transportation in the Kharidian Desert. The magic carpet system is operated by rug merchants. Carpets can be used to travel to any unlocked destination for a fee of 1,000 coins. Completing the Rogue Trader miniquest reduces this cost to 500 and additionally wearing an activated ring of charos to 375 coins respectively. All magic carpets except for the one located at the monkey colony can be used to travel to any other destination. The monkey colony carpet only travels to South Pollnivneach and Al Kharid.
Destinations[edit | edit source]
- Al Kharid (south of Shantay Pass)
- North Pollnivneach
- South Pollnivneach
- Bedabin Camp
- Uzer (requires The Golem)
- Monkey colony (requires Do No Evil)
- Menaphos (requires Icthlarin's Little Helper)
- Sophanem (requires Icthlarin's Little Helper)
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 27 July 2020 (Update):
- ninja 8 January 2018 (Update):
- The magic carpet travel network is now accessed through an interface, allowing travel to any unlocked destination from almost any station. However, the monkey station still only connects to South Pollnivneach and Shantay Pass as it does not charge a fee.
- The slow method of travelling by magic carpet has been removed to simplify magic carpet travel.
- patch 13 August 2013 (Update):
- The camera movement has been smoothed out when using a Magic Carpet ride.
- patch 3 July 2013 (Update):
- Only one magic carpet will now appear when using the quick travel option.
- The carpet ride to South Pollnivneach via the monkey colony no longer travels through a cactus.
- patch 16 April 2013 (Update):
- The runite heraldic shield no longer stretches when taking a carpet ride.
- patch 21 August 2012 (Update):
- Magic Carpet journeys have been reworked to hang and jump less often.
- patch 28 March 2011 (Update):
- The right-click "Travel" option on magic carpet salesmen has been optimised.
- patch 9 November 2009 (Update):
- patch 7 October 2009 (Update):
- Ensured all weapons and shields are removed before taking a carpet ride.
- Fixed the camera angles for certain carpet rides.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The jingle that plays when you ride the carpet was updated with the release of Back to the Freezer on 27 February 2017.
- Due to a previous incident, the right hand used to have to be free (no weapons). However, this is no longer the case.
- Travelling to the monkey colony used to be free but after the update connecting all carpets, it now also costs the standard fee. Travelling from the monkey colony remains free and the old limited destinations remain unchanged.
- There used to be a slower method of travelling via magic carpets that transported the user in running speed, but costs 200 coins.