Magic butterfly net
|Magic butterfly net|
|Release||11 June 2007 (Update)|
|Destroy||You will have to trade with Elnock to get a new magic butterfly net.|
|High alch||600 coins|
|Low alch||400 coins|
|On death||Always lost|
|For catching butterflies.|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
The magic butterfly net is a piece of equipment that requires level 17 Hunter to wield. The net provides exactly the same abilities as an ordinary butterfly net, but greatly increases the player's chances of capturing butterflies and implings. The player still needs butterfly jars to capture them. However, implings can be caught and auto-looted without needing jars. The magic butterfly net also improves the player's success chance when gathering fungal spores from the Croesus front and Croesus boss encounter.
Players can get a magic butterfly net from Elnock Inquisitor by trading him three gourmet impling jars, two earth impling jars, and one essence impling jar. If bought from the Grand Exchange, it costs 27,154 coins to buy the impling jars required to purchase one magic butterfly net.
The magic butterfly net can perform the same actions as an ordinary butterfly net, however the magic butterfly net increases the player's chances of capturing butterflies, and implings by about 7.8% (20/256).
It is classified as a main hand magic weapon for the purpose of casting bind, snare or entangle when catching implings. However, unlike other magic weapons, it allows the use of Bladed Dive when equipped alongside an off-hand melee weapon or skilling off-hand, or if laceration boots are equipped. Though, it will not do any damage to targets.
If you receive the message you need to unsheath your butterfly net to catch implings, or a message saying you need a butterfly net, right-click the minimise button on your action bar and select toggle-sheathe.
Combat stats[edit | edit source]
|Armour||0.0||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|Life points||0||Style bonuses|
|FAQ • docs|
Disassembly[edit | edit source]
|Magic butterfly net|
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||98.9%|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- ninja 1 June 2015 (Update):
- Butterfly and Magic nets are now magic weapons, allowing players to cast Bind on implings from a distance.
- patch 5 January 2015 (Update):
- The magic butterfly net will now override one-handed weapons correctly.
- patch 17 June 2013 (Update):
- The following items are now allowed in a dragon keepsake key: Dungeoneering reward weapons, hexhunter bows, Squeal of Fortune super-rare weapons, starfire/starfury weapons, the christmas wand, magic butterfly nets, ankhs, sacred clay reward weapons, the giant hand, Runefest banners, and undead chickens.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Despite being wielded in one hand, the magic butterfly net used to be classified as a two-handed weapon for the purpose of overrides, unlike normal butterfly nets which are classified as a one-handed crushing weapon. The magic butterfly net used the same combat pose and animations as a spear - which caused the player's right hand to hold on thin air because the net's shaft is not long enough. This was corrected on 5 January 2015 so that it uses one-handed overrides.
- There is currently a bug involving Elnock Inquisitor and Puro-Puro. If you store your net in Elnock's Equipment Store while you have it equipped, it will appear both in the deposit and withdrawal menus. Depositing something else or closing/reopening the menu fixes this. Attempting to deposit this enigmatic net during the glitch results in the game claiming you have no more nets to deposit whilst retaining the illusion that you do.
References[edit | edit source]