The lunar helm is a piece of lunar equipment worn in the headwear slot. 60 Magic and 40 Defence are required to wear the lunar helm. The lunar helm is created during the Lunar Diplomacy quest by using a lunar bar on an anvil while the player has a hammer, granting 25 Smithing experience. A lunar bar is created by using a lunar ore on a furnace, and lunar ores can be mined from stalagmites found in the cave at the northeast end of the Lunar Isle. The lunar helm may also be bought for 15,000 from the Oneiromancer after a player has completed the Lunar Diplomacy quest if the player has lost their helm.
It can be recoloured into blue, green, red, and yellow at a one time cost of 2,000 Loyalty points by using it on Xuan in Burthorpe/Varrock or Dilwyn in Prifddinas.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 10 August 2009 (Update):
- The sound of making a lunar helm has been updated.
- patch 13 January 2009 (Update):
- The lunar helm no longer causes odd stretching.
- The Oneiromancer does not recognise the enchanted helm as a lunar helm and will offer to sell the player another lunar helm. This has made it possible to acquire more than one.
- Prior to an update on 4 June 2018, Pikkupstix could enchant the helm, at which point it became a lunar helm (e) and could hold up to 110 scrolls. When charged, it took on a lighter colour and became a lunar helm (charged). This required level 55 Summoning.