The Lunar spells are a set of spells contained in the Lunar spellbook. The spellbook is unlocked upon completion of the quest Lunar Diplomacy. Additionally, players unlock eight more spells with the completion of Dream Mentor, and eleven more spells by playing Livid Farm. While the other unlockable spellbook, Ancient Magicks, focuses primarily on combat spells, and the standard spellbook contains a mixture of all types of spells, the Lunar spellbook is almost entirely composed of noncombat spells. The Lunar spellbook includes teleportation spells, skill-related spells, spells that allow players to aid others in various ways, and miscellaneous spells with unique effects.
All Lunar spells make use of astral runes, with the exception of Home Teleport, which is free to cast, and Polypore Strike, which uses charges from the Polypore staff rather than runes. Note that Lunar spells in general cost the most per cast out of any spellbook, overtaking even Ancient Magicks.
In total, the spellbook contains fifty-two spells.
Overview[edit | edit source]
The Lunar spellbook contains no direct combat spells that are cast on targets to deal damage, lower stats, or otherwise give negative effects (aside from Polypore Strike, which is included in all three spellbooks and requires the Polypore staff). Instead, most Lunar spells are strictly noncombat spells which offer benefits to various skills such as Crafting and Farming. Furthermore, some Lunar spells allow players to aid others in various ways, such as curing poison, offering teleportation, and restoring life points. The Lunar spellbook is extremely popular as a support system in large group battles against monsters because of its ability to heal allies and then swiftly heal the caster of the spells. The spells become especially useful if users have completed Dream Mentor and can use Ancient Magicks, as the Spellbook Swap spell allows them to use the healing abilities of the Lunar spellbook and aggressive Ancient Magicks spells such as Ice Barrage.
A few Lunar spells can be used to indirectly influence combat. Vengeance and Vengeance Other are two highly sought-after spells which will reflect damage back to attacking monsters or players. Boost Potion Share and Stat Restore Pot Share are used to distribute stat-boosting and stat-restoring potions, respectively, to other players.
Some spells have individual effects that do not fit into any particular category. Monster Examine and Stat Spy allow the caster to view information about monsters and players, respectively. Dream significantly increases the rate at which life points regenerate. NPC Contact allows the caster to speak to several important NPCs from a distance. Spellbook Swap, the spell with the second highest Magic requirement in the Lunar spellbook after Borrowed Power, enables the caster to use a spell from a different spellbook.
Requirements[edit | edit source]
|Total level: 579|
In order to use the spellbook, the quest Lunar Diplomacy must be completed. This requires that players also complete The Fremennik Trials, Lost City, Rune Mysteries, and Shilo Village. To unlock more spells, the quest Dream Mentor must be completed, which further requires the player to have completed Eadgar's Ruse. The last set of spells can be unlocked by completing the Livid Farm. The skills required to unlock all the spells in the Lunar spell book can be seen in the table to the right.
Switching spellbooks[edit | edit source]
Once the Lunar spellbook is unlocked, players can activate and deactivate it by praying at the astral altar on the southeastern peninsula of Lunar Isle. Unlike the altar in Jaldraocht Pyramid where players switch to and from Ancient Magicks, the astral altar will not drain Prayer points.
To reach the altar, players can use any of the following methods:
- Cast Home Teleport and select the Lunar Isle icon from the Lodestone Network interface.
- Break an astral altar teleport tablet, obtained from The Great Orb Project, or use the wicked hood teleport to teleport to the astral altar.
- Players already using Lunar spells can cast Moonclan Teleport or Tele-group Moonclan to teleport to the entrance to the town, and then run south past the suqahs to the altar.
- If a player still has the Seal of passage (obtained from Brundt the Chieftain), it can be used once per day to teleport to the entrance of the city on Lunar Isle.
Additionally, if you can access Prifddinas (requires Plague's End) and have completed the Hard Fremennik Province Tasks, you can switch between Lunar and normal spellbooks using the Elven grimoire in the same building as Haf's Battlestaves in the Cadarn Clan area.
Spell summary[edit | edit source]
All spells that affect players within a 3x3 area around the caster will also affect players standing in the caster's square.
|Spell||Image||Type||Magic Level||Runes Required||Experience||Description|
|Home Teleport||Teleport||0||None||0||Teleport to the city hub of your choice.|
|War's Retreat Teleport||Teleport||0||None||0||Teleport to War's Retreat.|
|Kandarin monastery teleport||Teleport||1||None||0||Teleport to the Kandarin monastery.|
|Skeletal horror teleport||Teleport||1||None||0||Teleport to the skeletal horror.|
|Manor farm teleport||Teleport||51||None||0||Teleport to the manor farm.|
|Bake Pie||Skilling||65||154||60||Bakes all uncooked pies in your inventory.|
|Cure Plant||Skilling||66||18||60||Cure the targeted farming patch of disease.|
|NPC Contact||Skilling||67||112||63||Telepathically speak with a selection of useful NPCs.|
|Cure Other||Combat||68||110||65||Cure the targeted player of poison.|
|Moonclan Teleport||Teleport||69||122||66||Teleport yourself to Lunar Isle.|
|Tele-group Moonclan||Teleport||70||124||67||Teleport yourself and all nearby players to Lunar Isle.|
|Ourania Teleport||Teleport||71||126||69||Teleport yourself to the Ourania Cave (ZMI Altar).|
|Cure Me||Combat||71||22||69||Cure yourself of poison.|
|South Falador Teleport||Teleport||72||122||70||Teleport yourself to Falador.|
|Waterbirth Teleport||Teleport||72||121||71||Teleport yourself to Waterbirth Island.|
|Tele-group Waterbirth||Teleport||73||125||72||Teleport yourself and all nearby players to Waterbirth Island.|
|Cure Group||Combat||74||22||74||Cure yourself and all nearby players of poison.|
|Repair Rune Pouch||Skilling||75||111||75||Repairs and strengthens the targeted Rune Pouch.|
|Barbarian Teleport||Teleport||75||223||76||Teleport yourself to the Barbarian Outpost.|
|North Ardougne Teleport||Teleport||76||125||76||Teleport yourself to Ardougne.|
|Tele-group Barbarian||Teleport||76||226||77||Teleport yourself and all nearby players to the Barbarian Outpost.|
|Superglass Make||Skilling||77||2610||78 , 10-140||Create molten glass from the resources in your inventory without the use of a furnace.|
|Remote Farm||Skilling||78||322||79||View the status of any farming patch. Also allows any farming patch to be cured of disease.|
|Khazard Teleport||Teleport||78||224||80||Teleport yourself to Port Khazard.|
|Tele-group Khazard||Teleport||79||228||81||Teleport yourself and all nearby players to Port Khazard.|
|Polypore Strike||Combat||80||51||N/A||A very powerful air spell.|
|String Jewellery||Skilling||80||2105||83||Magically string all unstrung amulets in your inventory.|
|Spiritualise Food||Combat||80||325||81||Enchant a piece of food, to allow it to be fed to your familiar.|
|Stat Restore Pot Share||Combat||81||21010||84||Share the targeted restore potion between all nearby players.|
|Magic Imbue||Skilling||82||277||86||Allow the creation of combination runes without the need for an opposing talisman.|
|Fertile Soil||Skilling||83||2315||87 , 18||Magically treat the targeted farming patch with supercompost.|
|Make Leather||Skilling||83||222||87||Magically tan 5 pieces of leather in your inventory.|
|Boost Potion Share||Combat||84||31210||88||Share the targeted stat boost potion between all nearby players.|
|Fishing Guild Teleport||Teleport||85||338||89||Teleport yourself to the Fishing Guild.|
|Tele-group Fishing Guild||Teleport||86||3310||90||Teleport yourself and all nearby players to the Fishing Guild.|
|Catherby Teleport||Teleport||87||3310||92||Teleport yourself to Catherby.|
|Tune Banite Ore||Skilling||87||241||90||Tunes banite ore against the targeted creature.|
|Tele-group Catherby||Teleport||88||3315||93||Teleport yourself and all nearby players to Catherby.|
|Ice Plateau Teleport||Teleport||89||338||96||Teleport yourself to Ice Plateau.|
|Tele-group Ice Plateau||Teleport||90||3316||99||Teleport yourself and all nearby players to Ice Plateau.|
|Disruption Shield||Combat||90||3310||97||The next hit you receive from another player or NPC is negated.|
|Trollheim Teleport (Lunar)||Teleport||92||3310||101||Teleport yourself to the Trollheim farming patch.|
|Tele-group Trollheim||Teleport||92||3320||102||Teleport yourself and all nearby players to the Trollheim farming patch.|
|Heal Other||Combat||92||133||101||Consume 75% of your current life points to heal the targeted player.|
|Vengeance Other||Combat||93||3310||108||The next time the targeted player receives damage, 75% of the damage received is instead dealt to the attacker.|
|Vengeance||Combat||94||2410||112||The next time you receive damage, 75% of the damage received is instead dealt to the attacker.|
|Vengeance Group||Combat||95||3411||120||The next time any nearby player receives damage, 75% of the damage received is instead dealt to the attacker|
|Heal Group||Combat||95||234||124||Consume 75% of your current life points to heal all nearby players.|
|Max guild teleport||Teleport||99||None||0||Teleport to the max guild.|
|Borrowed Power||Skilling||99||3||Same as spell used||After setting Borrowed Power to a spell, allows you to cast that spell up to 1,000 times.|
Dream Mentor[edit | edit source]
|Spell||Image||Type||Magic Level||Runes Required||Experience||Description|
|Monster Examine||Combat||66||111||61||See details about the targeted creature, such as its maximum hit.|
|Humidify||Skilling||68||113||65||Fills all containers in your inventory with water.|
|Hunter Kit (spell)||Skilling||71||22||70||Conjure a selection of useful Hunter equipment.|
|Stat Spy||Combat||75||225||76||See details about the targeted player, such as their skill levels.|
|Dream||Combat||79||125||82||Enter a dream-like state, causing your life points to regenerate at ten times their normal rate.|
|Spin Flax||Skilling||81||215||83||Magically spin 5 pieces of flax in your inventory.|
|Plank Make||Skilling||86||1215||90||Convert the targeted log into a plank.|
|Spellbook Swap||Skilling||96||123||130||Allows you to cast a single spell from the Standard or Ancient spellbooks.|
|Spellbook Swap||Skilling||96||123||130||Allows you to cast a single spell from the Standard spellbook.|
|Spellbook Swap||Skilling||96||123||130||Allows you to cast a single spell from the Ancient spellbook.|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 18 March 2019 (Update):
- ninja 23 October 2017 (Update):
- ninja 22 June 2015 (Update):
- Squeezing past the ice block by the Frozen Waste Plateau and using Group Teleport spells to the Wilderness will now produce a warning interface, regardless of player's settings.
- update 20 November 2012 (Update):
- patch 31 August 2011 (Update):
- The new lunar spells from Lunar Farm now use the correct filters on the magic interface.
- patch 26 July 2011 (Update):
- Group Vengeance does not give XP in activities where free runes are provided.
- patch 5 July 2011 (Update):
- Lunar spells no longer give experience during minigames which offer free runes.
- patch 16 May 2011 (Update):
- The lunar teleport spells have been darkened when inactive to better display the difference between them and the Catherby Teleport.
- patch 15 February 2011 (Update):
- The Heal Other and Heal Group spell icons have been updated from using a red cross to a purple cross.
- patch 16 June 2009 (Update):
- Sharing restore potions via Lunar Magic now matches the recent run energy increases you’ll have seen from drinking the potions normally.
- update 2 October 2007 (Update):
- update 18 September 2007 (Update):
- A bug was fixed that allowed players to cast lunar spells on friends in non-multiway-combat areas on the Wilderness.
- update 15 May 2007 (Update):
- update 4 January 2007 (Update):
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- No Lunar spells use soul runes.
- Of the various combination runes, only steam, smoke and mud runes can be useful for Lunar spells, as no Lunar spells use combinations of air and earth runes, fire and earth runes or water and air runes.
- Currently, Polypore Strike is the only spell in this book that can be autocasted due to the fact that there are no other combat spells.
- When the rest feature was added, the life point restore rate for the Dream spell was changed from three times faster to five times faster, then changed again in July 2016 to ten times faster in order to reflect changes made due to the EoC update.
- The Moonclan state that Lunar magic comes from the power of Gielinor's moon, which has since been revealed to be Zanaris. This may explain why the Lunar staff is a modified Dramen staff, the item used to reach Zanaris.
History[edit | edit source]
|Part 5 of the Fremennik quest series|