|Release date||15 March 2010 (Update)|
|Main music||The Pact (upper and middle levels), Dead and Buried (lower level)|
|Strongest monster||Level 26 Dragith Nurn|
|Cannon allowed||Not allowed|
|Connected quests||The Blood Pact|
|Inhabitants||Undead and warped insects and animals|
|Infobox • Talk page|
The Lumbridge Catacombs are a free-to-play dungeon that was released along with The Blood Pact quest. The entrance to the catacombs is located in Lumbridge cemetery. The catacombs have been the burial grounds of the Lumbridge church since approximately the 130th year of the Fifth Age. The dungeon is designed for low-level players and features unique monsters that drop parts of the Mask of Dragith Nurn.
The Blood Pact must be completed in order to be able to access the lower level of the dungeon where the monsters roam.
Official Description[edit | edit source]
|“||Mourners who visit the graveyard at Lumbridge do so to pay their respects to loved ones and leave gifts for the departed. Little do they know that, underneath the graveyard, twisting catacombs teem with undead and mutilated beings.
Long ago, the necromancer Dragith Nurn took it upon himself to experiment with life and death, defiling the bodies of creatures that he could find. His experiments with death and dark magic created hideously foul monstrosities. Corrupting the course of life and death eventually took its toll on Dragith Nurn. The realisation that he too would one day be doomed to rise from his grave when he died hit him hard. With the stark reality of his actions hitting home, he buried himself and his experiments alive beneath the graveyard, hoping to seal away his transgressions forever more, to forget what he had done… Only scattered references to the legend of Dragith Nurn remain. For decades, his catacombs lay dormant, undisturbed and disassociated from the land above, until three Zamorakian cultists arrived at Lumbridge, intent on breaking the magic seal that has kept Dragith Nurn locked away.
Upper and middle level[edit | edit source]
These two levels are only important for The Blood Pact. During the quest, the upper level must be navigated to reach the middle level. After the quest is completed, a shortcut opens; simply go down the stairs immediately west of the entrance once you enter the upper level of the catacombs. This leads to another sets of stairs in the middle level that leads to the lower level.
Lower level[edit | edit source]
The large dungeon is made up of a series of rooms linked by short corridors. The first room contains warped cockroaches, which are level 1. As you progress through the dungeon the rooms contain monsters of increasing combat levels, ranging from 1 to 21. This makes the lower level an efficient and effective training location for new and low-level players, as the monsters found within are easy to kill, do not hit particularly high, and boast valuable drops relative to their combat level.
The final room contains Dragith Nurn. To summon Dragith Nurn, the player is required to touch the pedestal holding the Diamond demon statuette. Dragith Nurn will appear, and can then be fought. A flashing yellow arrow indicates which Dragith Nurn is required to be killed. There is no limit to how many times Dragith Nurn can be summoned or killed.
Statuettes[edit | edit source]
Six statuettes are found in the dungeon:
- Jade demon statuette - (100 coins)
- Topaz demon statuette - (200 coins)
- Sapphire demon statuette - (300 coins)
- Emerald demon statuette - (400 coins)
- Ruby demon statuette - (500 coins)
- Diamond demon statuette - (1000 coins)
Xenia will offer to buy the statuettes for a total of 2500 coins.
Monsters[edit | edit source]
Mask of Dragith Nurn[edit | edit source]
Players can assemble the Mask of Dragith Nurn by using any one of the parts with another while all 5 parts are in their inventory. Each part is dropped by specific monsters (see above). This mask is not tradeable and is equal to an iron full helm, but without any Defence requirement.
Achievement[edit | edit source]
- Work For Idol Hands ( 10) – Give the 6 demon statuettes from Lumbridge Catacombs to Xenia/Ilona at the entrance.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Graphical updates[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 23 September 2019 (Update):
- patch 16 September 2019 (Update):
- patch 22 January 2018 (Update):
- Players now face the correct direction when using doors or stairs in the Lumbridge Catacombs.
- patch 23 February 2015 (Update):
- Players can once again consistently use the shortcut to the lower levels in the Lumbridge Catacombs.
- patch 5 January 2015 (Update):
- The shortcut to the lower levels in the Lumbridge Catacombs is no longer closed after Heart of Stone is completed.
- patch 4 August 2014 (Update):
- patch 5 July 2010 (Update):
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Monsters in this dungeon respawn unusually fast.
- Trying to setup a dwarf multicannon gives the message "You don't need a cannon here."
- During the Battle of Lumbridge, the overflow of bodies was interred within the catacombs.
|Mask of Dragith Nurn|
|Troll Country & The North|
|Tirannwn & Galarpos|