The Lumber Yard is a location northeast of Varrock. It is accessible to free players, however to use its features, you must be a member. Its main feature is the Sawmill operator, who is located in a small room along the yard's south-west wall. He is involved in the Construction skill: He can turn logs into planks for a fee, and he also sells bolts of cloth, three kinds of nails, and saws.
Players cannot enter the Lumber Yard through its main gate, nor can they enter the Sawmill operator's room. There is a hole in the yard's west wall, where players can enter the yard by squeezing under the fence. Other than curiosity, players typically enter the yard for one of these reasons:
- Cutting down a dying tree in the Lumber Yard is an easy Varrock achievement.
- A clue scroll requires players to search a crate in the yard.
- In the Gertrude's Cat quest, the player must find Fluffs and her kittens in the yard. Fluffs is found on the 1st floor[UK]2nd floor[US] and her kittens are in a jiggling crate on the ground floor[UK]1st floor[US].
- 9 sets of Logs spawn in the yard (1 of them can only be taken with Telekinetic Grab.
- Occasionally, players can find a penguin for Penguin Hide and Seek disguised as a crate in the yard.
Travelling[edit | edit source]
- Lumber Yard Teleport
- Wicked Hood to teleport to the earth altar, then run North
- Dig Site pendant and then run North
- Balloon transport system and run north
- Invitation box and run west