||25 January 2016 (Update)
|0.5% chance per rank when hit that the damage dealt will be reduced to 1. Does not stack with the equivalent Warpriest effect.|
This perk has an increased chance to activate on level 20 items.
|Infobox • Talk page
Lucky is an Invention perk which has a 0.5% chance per rank when hit that the damage received will be reduced to 1. It can be created in armour gizmos.
This perk does not stack with Saradomin or Zamorak warpriest armour. Lucky works on all damage types, including soft typeless (excluding hard typeless) damage taken in combat. This means that it works on reflected damage and Helwyr's bleeds, but does not activate for Araxxor's cleave or when trying to eat a dwarven rock cake (cooled). Additionally, the lucky perk does not work in PvP situations.
When the perk triggers, it prompts the following message: Your Lucky perk reduces the damage of this attack by [number].
Average damage reduction for the different ranks of the Lucky perk.[r 1]
||Average damage reduction
- A calculator for this is linked at the top of this page.
- Assumption :
- All hits that are taken have the possibility to proc Lucky.
- is the rank of the Lucky perk.
- is the proc chance of Lucky to activate (if the perk is on level 20 gear, then this value is multiplied by 1.1).
- when or . This represents summing over all possibilities where integer represents the amount of hits prior to the proc of Lucky. The probability of Lucky proccing on hit is therefore .
- is the random value uniformly sampled between the enemy's minimum hit and maximum hit. The describes different sets of hits. The sets are regenerated for every new value of .
- has elements with integer . This is the damage taken before the perk procs.
- Clarification : This does mean that for that there are no elements in this set.
- is the damage taken from a single hit if the Lucky perk were to proc (without having it on gear).
- The set of values in for integer is the same in both the numerator and denominator of the ratios for any given .
- Damage reduction
- The average ratio of damage taken, , from Lucky to that of without Lucky is
- The average damage reduction is then, after some rearranging,
- This can be simplified if the assumption is that every value integer , integer is taken to be the same . In this scenario, there is no random element and the above is then only dependent on the proc chance. A table is provided at the top of the page.
Using these simplifications, the damage reduction reduces to
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- ninja 18 July 2016 (Update):
- The Lucky perk no longer triggers while the Resonance ability is in effect.
- patch 15 February 2016 (Update):
- The Lucky Perk message is now filterable.