| Speak to Mabel in the barn north-east of Draynor Village|
| Members only|
|Medium to Long|
|Skill requirements are not boostable unless marked with a [B] for boostable.
|Items from the tool belt are not listed unless they do not work or are not automatically added.
- Good armour, food and weapons for melee and another combat style. In order to save inventory space, the use of hybrid armour may be recommended for mid-to-high-level players, such as Warpriest armour. Alternatively, the use of power armour, tank armour, or items that boost life points in order to increase a player's damage/defence is recommendable.
- For this quest, prioritise the use of combat styles and equipment which specialise in long-ranged attack capabilities, or the ability to damage an opponent from a distance. Players may find use of the Ranged combat style to be exceptionally helpful. In addition to the use of Ranged equipment, a Halberd-type weapon may be useful for a Melee style switch -- preferably a Noxious scythe, Attuned crystal halberd, Crystal halberd, or a Dragon halberd. Alternatively, players may also use the Magic combat style, but possibly to a lesser degree of effectiveness than the methods stated above.
- During your fights, you will not be allowed to summon a familiar, as the Wise Old Man will be following you.
- Items to restore Prayer points or reduced stats: Prayer potions, Super restore potions, Prayer renewal potions, or Super prayer potions. Additionally, a player may bring Adrenaline potions or Replenishment potions if they have access to them.
- Items to boost combat stats: Super sets, Extreme potions, Overloads, Holy overload potions, Supreme overload potions, or Supreme overload salves.
The correct solution to the hay bale puzzle
- Talk to Mabel in the barn east of the Draynor Village lodestone.
- Go up the ladder.
- Solve the hay bale puzzle:
- As you arrive, go north once and push the one hay bale there all the way to the western wall.
- Standing where you are, push a pair of hay bales at your immediate south twice.
- Go one square east and push another pair of hay bales to the south.
- Push the single hay bale directly west of you.
- Finally, push the two hay bales to the south of you to clear the path.
- Pick up the ring.
- Climb down the ladder.
- Talk to Zenevivia.
- Search any hay bale for a twig, give it to her.
- Talk to her again.
- Go to Draynor Village and talk to the Wise Old Man.
- After the cutscene, talk to him outside his house.
- Head to the Rimmington house portal, talk to him again.
- When he leaves, walk to the house just east of the portal and talk to him once more.
- Open the "chipped" teleport to house tablet, solve the puzzle.
- While standing next to the Wise Old Man, break the chipped tablet.
- Enter the dungeon.
- After the cutscene, continue dialogue with the Wise Old Man.
- Craft via on the Clockmaker's bench in the workshop room.
- Use the bench again to create a dummy.
- Enter the dungeon. During this part, there will be a pulsating purple light around your screen, as seen on the picture, any players sensitive to flashing lights should proceed with caution.
- Traverse through the dungeon, deactivating all the traps by walking on them and then return to the surface. Pit guardian rooms have 2 traps each, except for the scabarite room, having only one.
- Climb the staircase.
- Enter the dungeon.
- Traverse through the dungeon, killing all the enemies.
- Enter the final door, talk to the Wise Old Man.
- If you are ready to fight, head upstairs.
- Talk to Zenevivia to start the battle
- Avoid the flames on the floor, they deal low damage.
- Zenevivia uses magic spells and flames on the floor that can quickly deal around 600 damage.
- She will sometimes use protection prayers so prepare to switch attack styles.
Robbing the Wizards' Tower[edit | edit source]
- You will return to Draynor Village.
- Talk to Zenevivia.
- Go upstairs and look through the telescope and watch the Wizards' Tower Robbery.
- Head downstairs, talk to Zenevivia again.
- Quest complete!
- Additional rewards/activities
Unlocking the rewards below is a master quest cape requirement:
- After returning Mabel's ring, Mabel gives a bankable lamp, which grants 10,000 experience in any skill over level 60. Mabel may be found hiding in a sack in the barn where you originally found her.
- After the quest, you can talk to the Draynor tree guard at Draynor Village and offer to chop down the tree to help him down; he will then reward you with 5,000 coins.
- Adventurers who have completed the quest may wish to travel to Keldagrim to talk to a dwarf called Runvastr, who lives on Keldagrim's east side in the house directly south of the pickaxe shop. If you deliver his diary to the Wise Old Man back in Draynor Village, you’ll earn the ability to chip House teletabs to take you to Trollheim as well.
- Music unlocked
Love Story is not currently required for any quests or miniquests.