|Lost City (#19)|
|Release date||27 February 2002 (Update)|
|Quest series||Fairy Tale|
|Main developer(s)||Paul Gower|
|Quality assurance||Unknown edit|
|Infobox • Talk page|
Lost City is a quest about the fairy land Zanaris. A group of adventurers have set up camp in Lumbridge Swamp, claiming to be searching for the mystical lost city. You must find the truth of this claim, and gain entrance to the moon of Gielinor, Zanaris.
Official description[edit | edit source]
Can you find the legendary lost fairy city of Zanaris?
Overview[edit | edit source]
|Start point||Warrior in the Lumbridge Swamp|
|Member requirement||Members only|
|Requirements||Skill requirements are not boostable unless marked with a [B] for boostable.
|Items required||Items from the tool belt are not listed unless they do not work or are not automatically added.
|Enemies to defeat||
Seeking the lost city[edit | edit source]
Head to Lumbridge Swamp and locate a group of adventurers, a warrior, archer, wizard, and a monk, at a campfire near Father Urhney's house. Talk to the warrior and ask what he is doing. When he refuses to tell you, ask:
- 1. Why are you camped out here?
- 2. What makes you think it's out here?
- 3. If it's hidden, how are you planning to find it?
- 4. Looks like you don't know either.
Look for a swamp tree to the east of the camp. It is the first tree to the west of Father Urhney's house. The tree can be easily identified, as it is the only tree with the option "Chop Swamp Tree" instead of "Chop down Swamp tree". Chop the tree and a leprechaun named Shamus jumps out. Ask Shamus how to get to Zanaris and he tells you that you need a dramen staff. To get this, you need to chop down a tree inside of the Entrana Dungeon, and at the end of the conversation, he offers to teleport you to Port Sarim docks.
Entrana[edit | edit source]
Entrana enforces a policy of nonaggression, meaning that weapons, armour, combat auras and certain magical items cannot be taken onto Entrana. However it is possible to bring the raw ingredients for creating weapons and armour, such as leather or dragonleather and thread along with bowstring and logs for ranged gear; spider silk, batwing and mystic cloth thread to make a wand. Other useful items to bring include ammo such as arrows and runes, which can be taken onto Entrana already made, robes such as monk, priest, Citharede or druid for the prayer boost, potions, food, an emergency teleport and a ring of life. See here for a full list of permitted items.
When you get off the boat at Entrana, run east, then north past the temple and west after the bridge. You find a monk next to a cave entrance.
As soon as you go down into this cave there the only exit is via a door that leads south of Draynor Village. Once ready, talk to the monk and enter the dungeon. Upon entering the dungeon, your prayer is reduced to 100-400 points. Equipment made here will not result in expulsion to the mainland.
A Level 63 tree spirit appears. It is possible to attempt to melee the tree spirit, but it hits up to 200 accurately and absorbs most melee attacks, so plenty of food such as lobster is recommended. There is a safe spot on the southern wall, between 3 mushrooms, where you can spot trap and attack her while quickly running back to the safe spot to avoid damage. The tree spirit is susceptible to fire spells, so the Fire Bolt spell or above should be used with a imp horn wand, spider wand, batwing wand or mystic wand. Lower level runes can easily be bought at Port Sarim on the way to Entrana.
If the fight takes too long, the tree spirit returns to the tree and fully recovers.
It is possible to have multiple people attack the tree spirit.
Once the tree spirit is defeated, cut the tree again to get a dramen branch. Craft the dramen branch to get a dramen staff. If you plan on doing Recipe for Disaster: Freeing Sir Amik Varze, you will need to grind up a dramen branch for Sir Amik Varze.
The City of Fairies[edit | edit source]
Open the magical door east of the greater demons which leads south of Draynor Village or teleport to Lumbridge. Wield the dramen staff and locate the shed in the middle of the swamp. Enter the shed to be transported to Zanaris.
Congratulations, quest complete!
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- 3 quest points
- Access to Zanaris
- Ability to wield dragon longswords and dragon daggers
- Ability to make cosmic runes with the Runecrafting skill
- Ability to use Chaeldar as slayer master (requires level 75 combat)
- 2 Treasure Hunter keys and 2 Hearts of Ice
- Music unlocked
Achievements[edit | edit source]
- Lost City ( 0) – Complete this Experienced quest.
Required for completing[edit | edit source]
Lost City is directly required for the following quests/miniquests:
- A Fairy Tale I - Growing Pains
- Heroes' Quest
- Lunar Diplomacy
- Recipe for Disaster
- Recipe for Disaster: Freeing Sir Amik Varze
- A Fairy Tale II - Cure a Queen
- A Fairy Tale III - Battle at Ork's Rift
- Back to my Roots
- Blood Runs Deep
- Children of Mah
- Full completion of Curse of the Black Stone
- Desperate Measures
- Full completion of Desperate Times
- Dishonour among Thieves
- Dream Mentor
- Fate of the Gods
- Glorious Memories
- Full completion of Heart of Stone
- Hero's Welcome
- Hopespear's Will
- In Memory of the Myreque
- Kindred Spirits
- Koschei's Troubles
- Legends' Quest
- Love Story
- Mahjarrat Memories
- Full completion of Missing, Presumed Death
- Full completion of Nadir
- Nomad's Elegy
- One Foot in the Grave
- One of a Kind
- Rebuilding Edgeville
- Recipe for Disaster: Defeating the Culinaromancer
- Ritual of the Mahjarrat
- River of Blood
- Royal Trouble
- Sliske's Endgame
- Tales of Nomad
- The Branches of Darkmeyer
- The Light Within
- The Lord of Vampyrium
- The Lost Toys
- The Mighty Fall
- Full completion of The World Wakes
- Throne of Miscellania
- While Guthix Sleeps
Transcript[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- ninja 28 September 2015 (Update):
- The tree spirit from this quest has been re-balanced during the quest and in the Dominion Tower.
- patch 19 January 2015 (Update):
- The quest start screens of the Between a Rock... quest and this quest have been updated to reflect combat level calculation changes.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Before the Evolution of Combat, magic could be cast without a wand or staff, so crafting weaponry was not required to defeat the tree spirit.
- Before the quest was reworked, the magic door at the end of the dungeon led into the Wilderness instead of to Draynor Village. Shamus also didn't teleport the player to Port Sarim docks.
- Before the tool belt update, as hatchets couldn't be brought onto Entrana, players had to kill the hatchet-wielding zombies within the dungeon until they dropped a bronze hatchet.
- Before the Woodcutting random events rework, you could bring in an axe handle and head in separately onto Entrana then assemble them to make a hatchet (used to be called axe) to fight the tree spirit and cut dramen branches faster.
|Part 1 of the Fairy Tale quest series|