In order to turn on LootShare, a player must enter a Friends Chat in which the owner has enabled Lootshare. To activate LootShare, the player must be in a Friends chat, and click on the money bag. You will need to wait 2 minutes before it activates, and once it does, you are allowed to use it. Ironman accounts can only use LootShare against bosses, when grouped only with ironmen - killing other monsters (excluding boss minions) will immediately disable LootShare for the group.
With the release of the Grouping System, LootShare can simply be enabled for everyone by the group leader, rather than by the players wishing to LootShare. This can save some hassle for new players and players who might not know how to enable LootShare in a Friends Chat.
Regardless of how much damage the player dealt to the monster, if they share LootShare with the group that dealt the most damage and are within 16 squares of the defeated monster, then they are eligible for LootShared items. When a player receives a drop, the value of the item(s) on the Grand Exchange is subtracted from the player's chances of collecting another item, which is called commonly "LootShare points" (lsp). When a player receives a high valued drop from a monster, it is very likely their "LootShare points" will be depleted. The surrounding players also in the LootShare group gain a fraction of the "Lootshare points" based on the number of players in the group. Effectively, the chances of getting a drop increases every time someone else in the group gets a drop.
The ring of Wealth and other such luck rings may affect drops while LootShare is on, provided that the tier of the ring applies to the drop table of the monster. However, the affected drop does not necessarily go to the player wearing the ring, it will still be awarded via the LootShare system.
Lootshare points may be accumulated over time, but are automatically reduced by 10% per day.
The worlds available for lootsharing are: 4, 5, 7, 9, 10, 11, 12, 14, 22, 28, 29, 30, 34, 35, 37, 39, 40, 41, 44, 45, 46, 48, 49, 51, 52, 54, 55, 56, 57, 63, 64, 66, 67, 68, 72, 75, 76, 77, 79, 84, 85, 87, 88, 92, 94, 102, 105, 106, 108, 114, 115, 117, 118, 122, 123, 134, 135, 136, 137, 140, 141.
Charms, Ancient effigies, and Defender drops have a value even though they are untradeable. Gold, green, crimson, and blue charms are worth 100 coins each, while abyssal and obsidian charms are worth 1 coin each.
CoinShare is an alternate toggle option for LootShare.
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 28 January 2019 (Update):
- hotfix 24 January 2018 (Update):
- Lootshare no longer prevents drops from appearing outside of instanced areas.
- patch 15 January 2018 (Update):
- Attempting to receive a lootshare drop inside an instance that is being deleted will no longer cause a disconnect.
- patch 5 June 2017 (Update):
- Fixed an issue that was causing active lootshare to block Acheron mammoth's from performing special attacks.
- patch 10 October 2016 (Update):
- Fixed some logic in the group lootshare system that would occasionally award either none or double loot and experience.
- ninja 6 June 2016 (Update):
- patch 16 May 2016 (Update):
- Rare items received as a drop in Loot Share and Group Share now send a player broadcast.
- patch 7 March 2016 (Update):
- The scrimshaw of corruption no longer has an effect with lootshare enabled.
- patch 7 December 2015 (Update):
- The highest damage-dealing player will now receive non-lootshare drops in a lootshare group more reliably.
- patch 29 September 2014 (Update):
- The drop rate of the world event 2 abilities from bosses in the God Wars Dungeon has been doubled, and the ability to gain these abilities whilst in a LootShare group has been added.
- patch 22 July 2014 (Update):
- ninja 7 January 2014 (Update):
- LootShare has been tweaked to ensure that points are correctly applied.
- hotfix 4 June 2013 (Update):
- Hard-mode God Wars bosses now correctly use the hard-mode drop table when players are using Lootshare.
- patch 14 January 2013 (Update):
- Lootshare now works correctly when a single player deals all of the damage against an NPC with lootshare enabled.
- patch 20 October 2009 (Update):
- Fixed a treasure trail that couldn't be completed with LootShare enabled.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Before 28 January 2019 you had to be added by the friends chat owner before you could use lootshare.