Longramble is a gnomish explorer. He plays a minor role in The Path of Glouphrie quest and can be found south of the Spirit tree, Incomitatus.
Longramble wanted to be the first to discover the edge of the world and to gaze down it. Therefore, he hounded King Bolren to grant him permission in his expedition. Exasperated, Bolren agreed. While exploring, he made an order for Tangled toads' legs but was unable to receive his delivery as no-one sent by Gianne Jnr could reach him.
During the events of The Path of Glouphrie, the player manages to track down his location but found him initially unable to converse, due to months of not utilizing his ability to speak. He informs them that he made a detour from his original expedition to search for Arposandra, and deduces that the location he is currently at is where the city might be located, after conversations with other gnomes suggested Glouphrie headed west. To back the integrity of his potential discovery, he states that the Elves, whom are the primary inhabitants of the region, would have no cause to pollute their environment. Furthermore, his hostile encounter with a Warped tortoise also hinted towards gnomish involvement, as no other known civilization employs them.
If the player gives Longramble some tangled toad's legs, he will give them a mint cake in exchange. However, this can only be done once.
- Longramble's expedition to find the edge of the world alludes to the medieval, and now debunked, theory that the earth is flat.
- ^ King Bolren, "The Path of Glouphrie", RuneScape. "Well, one of my citizens, called Longramble, is a bit of an explorer. He also heard rumours of Arposandra, and asked me if he could go look for it. He was so persistent that I agreed, though mostly to get him out of my sight."
- ^ Gianne Jnr, "The Path of Glouphrie", RuneScape. "I didn't say I didn't know where he is, just that the gnomes I've sent can't get to him."
- ^ Longramble, "The Path of Glouphrie", RuneScape. "I haven't said a word for months. It takes a while to wake the voice sprites up. They've been sleeping."
- ^ Longramble, "The Path of Glouphrie", RuneScape. "Well, that is true. But I am only doing that as a detour from my journey to the edge of the world. I figured it would be on the way."
- ^ Longramble, "The Path of Glouphrie", RuneScape. "Gnomes I have talked to suggested that Glouphire headed west into the mountains; however, since Glouphrie was a master of illusion, I suspect that the city itself will be a hard place to find."
- ^ Longramble, "The Path of Glouphrie", RuneScape. "The only creatures I am aware of in the area are elves - and elves don't do that sort of thing."
- ^ Longramble, "The Path of Glouphrie", RuneScape. "I am unaware of any other civilisation that uses the tortoise."
- ^ Longramble, "The Path of Glouphrie", RuneScape. "It appears to have large tentacles growing from underneath its shell."
- ^ Longramble, "The Path of Glouphrie", RuneScape. "Well, if it is, it's a pretty solid illusion. I have the scars to prove it."