Liquid Gold Nymph
|Liquid Gold Nymph|
|Release date||16 May 2011 (Update)|
|Also called||LGN, Nymph|
|Location(s)||Lava Flow Mine|
|Examine||A creature formed entirely of liquid gold.|
|Infobox • (multi) • Talk page|
The Liquid Gold Nymph is a character that features in the Lava Flow Mine. She is one of the distractions from mining the lava crust, along with boiler breakages, TzHaar heroes, lava geysers, and possessed pickaxes. The reward of appeasing her will be a piece of the golden mining suit, which works in the same way as other experience boosting sets, giving a 1% mining experience boost per piece and 1% bonus for full set, totalling 6% xp boost when all pieces are worn.
A Nymph spawns after the mining skill bar reaches 100%. Hopping worlds does not reset the mining bar. The progress bar (Upper, blue bar) fill rate is affected by the stamina bar (lower, yellow bar), the possible progress you do per strike is based on whether the stamina bar is 100%, 1-99%, or 0% full, doing 100%, 90%, or 20% damage respectively. So keeping it from becoming empty by clicking on the mining location again at any time before or after it becomes empty makes this process faster. It IS possible to four tick this by clicking every 2.4 seconds, but as this only increases your damage from 90% to 100%, it’s likely not worth the effort. Each bar takes approximately 10-20 minutes to fill depending on stamina bar maintenance.
When she appears, a message in the chatbox reads "". She only appears to one player at a time and will not automatically talk to the player, though more than one nymph can appear at any time. When the Nymph appears, she will make a simple humming sound, so it is recommended to have the sound effects on high to hear her since it is a faint noise. It is confirmed that the segment in which the player mines does not affect the appearance of the Nymph; it only affects the experience being earned. Mining in a world where no other players are present at the Lava Flow Mine will not increase the chances of encountering her.
After she appears, the player has 5 minutes to talk to her to gain the reward before she disappears. Even if the 5 minutes aren't up, she will disappear upon logout and disconnection. A player that loses connection while attempting to receive a reward will not receive a reward.
The golden mining suit is given in sequence: boots, gloves, helmet, trousers, and top. It takes about 15 minutes for the mining skill bar to fill before she appears; it would take about 1.5 hours to get all five pieces. If all five pieces of the golden mining suit has been obtained, the Nymph will offer either to give 2,500 Mining experience, or to gild any regular bronze to dragon pickaxe (non-upgraded forms only) in inventory or tool belt. One should be careful with the experience reward if this is not wanted, as when asked about anything apart from gold, experience is rewarded.
It is no longer possible to obtain duplicate pieces of the golden mining suit. Attempting to drop a piece of the outfit will only bring up the interface to destroy it.
Dialogue[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 21 January 2019 (Update):
- Liquid Gold Nymph will no longer gild pickaxe in the toolbelt when you pick option 'Give the Nymph a different pickaxe'.
- patch 14 January 2019 (Update):
- Fixed an issue where multiple Liquid Gold Nymphs could be spawned under certain conditions.
- patch 7 January 2019 (Update):
- The nymph in the Lava Flow Mine now spawns more frequently and consistently.
- patch 16 April 2018 (Update):
- The gilded pickaxes have had their inventory models slightly adjusted.
- The Liquid Gold Nymph in the Lava flow mines will no longer attempt to guild a crystal pickaxe, which would result in the icon for pickaxes changing to a bronze pickaxe.
- ninja 17 February 2014 (Update):
- The message players receive when a liquid gold nymph rises out of the lava is now more noticeable.
- patch 24 June 2013 (Update):
- Gilded pickaxes can now be placed in a tool belt. The Gold Nymph will now also gild the pickaxes in your tool belt.
- patch 7 February 2012 (Update):
- A louder sound is now played when a Golden Nymph appears in the Lava Flow Mine.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Prior to the Mining and Smithing rework, Nymphs had a 1/846 chance of spawning after each successful mining attempt.