Lil' Tuzzy is a miniature version of Tuz that can be obtained as a very rare reward from Beastmaster Durzag, with a drop rate of 1/512.
This pet is not required for the Insane Final Boss title.
Optimising the drop chance[edit | edit source]
Due to how the rewards are generated upon looting Beastmaster Durzag, it is possible to optimise Lil' Tuzzy's drop chance. Achto items and Mazcab ability codices are prioritised over the pet in the reward loot. Thus, lowering the chance of those items slightly increases the chance of receiving Lil' Tuzzy.
Note: this strategy significantly reduces the profits for a very minor increase in the drop chance of Lil' Tuzzy. On average, for every single Lil' Tuzzy pet gained through this strategy, 512 potential Achto items or Mazcab codices will have been lost.
This can be done by forcing the Achto items to have a non-doubled drop rate, and by not increasing the drop rates of Achto items and the Mazcab ability codex with a Luck of the Dwarves ring. In practice this means owning the Achto boots of all three styles, but not owning all Achto sets, and also not owning the inferior versions of the Achto items that one lacks, and by not wearing the Luck of the Dwarves ring. If one already owns all three Achto sets, they can drop a non-boot Achto item for the duration of looting (provided that the Achto item being dropped is the only one owned, otherwise all duplicates of this item would need to be dropped), but this is risky due to possible connection losses.
This means, if this strategy is employed with average luck:
- The minimum opportunity cost for Lil' Tuzzy comes from purposefully not doubling the drop rate of the boots or gloves you are rolling for. In this scenario, the opportunity cost is 474,249,088 coins (the high alchemy value of 512 Achto boots or gloves minus the cost of the additional Mazcab codices that are received). In reality, this is a bad estimate for an opportunity cost, because eventually those Achto gloves and boots drops can turn into helm, legs, and body drops, which have a much higher alchemy value.
- The maximum opportunity cost for Lil' Tuzzy comes from purposefully not using a Luck of the Dwarves when you have doubled the drop rate of the achto item(s) you are rolling for. In this scenario, the opportunity cost is 21,235,018,240 coins.
For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here
- ^ There is further information on this drop; see the associated page for details.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- ninja 2 July 2018 (Update):
- It's now possible to obtain the Lil' Tuzzy pet from Beastmaster Durzag while on a raids loot lockout period.
- patch 5 December 2016 (Update):
- Lil' Tuzzy and Krar Jr have been moved to the Boss Pets tab and can now be used as familiar overrides.
- patch 19 September 2016 (Update):
- Lil' Tuzzy is no longer lost when disconnecting whilst the loot interface is open.
- patch 19 October 2015 (Update):
- The Lil' Tuzzy drop now appears in the raid loot window.
- patch 20 July 2015 (Update):
- The Lil' Tuzzy pet is now displayed correctly on the Beasts tab.
- Since an update on 19 October 2015, Lil' Tuzzy shows up in Beastmaster Durzag's loot interface when receiving the pet. Previously, the pet would be unlocked automatically upon looting the corpse.
- On 2 July 2018, Lil' Tuzzy was made obtainable from kills done off-loot.