For other variants of this item, see superior
The leviathan ring is a level 85 piece of jewellery from the Eastern Lands, unlocked through player-owned ports. Its name refers to the Leviathan, a dangerous sea monster. It has a unique ability: a 2% (5% for superior) chance per attack to reduce the incoming damage of that attack by 50% (rounded up).
The ring can be made at 90 Crafting in the port's workshop, using 80 pearls and giving 10,000 Crafting experience, after collecting the four parts of the leviathan ring eastern scroll. As with all craftable items in the workshop, boosts will not work.
The tradeable version degrades to dust after 100,000 charges of combat (a minimum of around 17 hours), vanishing after completely degrading. The superior leviathan ring, however, can be repaired.
The passive effect can activate on any incoming damage, including:
- Being hit by a monster or player
- Poison damage
- Failing agility obstacles and shortcuts
- Failing to pickpocket a monster
- Other sources of typeless damage (e.g. desert heat and icy area outside of the God Wars Dungeon, the Queen Black Dragon's fire walls and intense fire, attempting to eat a rock cake, etc.)
When the passive activates, it will reduce just the damage that activated it, not all damage taken that tick. A filtered chatbox message is given when the effect activates: The Leviathan ring reduces the damage of this attack by [damage].
| Crafting level||90|
| Unlock the Leviathan ring Scroll in your Player Owned Ports|
| Members only|
|Pearls||80||N/A||-|The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 3 April 2018 (Update):
- Port armour now displays correct degrade tooltip.
- patch 17 October 2016 (Update):
- The inferior leviathan ring and reefwalker's cape now degrade by 10% when looted from gravestones, in line with other degrade-to-dust gear.
- patch 8 June 2015 (Update):
- Tetsu, Seasinger's, Death Lotus armour, Reefwalker's cape and Leviathan ring no longer show Constitution as a requirement in the skill guide.