Leng is a frozen world with a bleak and jagged landscape of dark stone mountains. It has very strong winds and many large blizzards, as described by Fell Arnessen in his journal. Leng has an eternal, frozen plain, miles deep and several large cities encased in ice.
On Leng, there is a road circulating the whole planet which was created by a frozen wanderer who walks this road. This man cannot be stopped and does not respond to other stimuli.
Leng is also home to different types of fauna. Two such kinds are arch-glacors, which are said to be between ten and 100 times larger than a normal glacor, and aggressive slug-like creatures who can jump with great agility and produce a foul ichor to repel others.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Leng is likely a reference to the writings of H. P. Lovecraft, who featured an icy plateau called Leng in several of his stories.
- Leng could also be a reference to the Chinese character for cold, 冷, which is romanised as "lěng".
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ The Journal of Fell Arnessen, written by Fell Arnessen, RuneScape. "All around the biting wind howled, and in the distance blizzards raged, each large enough to swallow Rellekka and all the lands around."
- ^ The Journal of Fell Arnessen, written by Fell Arnessen, RuneScape. "This was no slow-moving glacier, but an eternal, frozen plain, miles deep. In places the snow was blasted away by the wind, and I could see the murky ice reach down into the depths below where the roots of the mountains lay... As I wandered, I saw shapes through the ice, on the bottom far below. They were too regular or too incredible to be natural rock. They were buildings, great cities even, buried in a frozen, sunken slumber."
- ^ The Journal of Fell Arnessen, written by Fell Arnessen, RuneScape. "Finally through the snow ahead of me I beheld a man on the road... I found a cloaked figure, his face impossible to make out, walking slowly and determinedly down the center of the road, never breaking stride.... He ignored me as though I did not exist, and trod on. I rushed ahead of him, such that he would have to greet me or go around. Instead he simply walked into me without acknowledgement, and although I put my arms out to stop him and pushed with all my might, I could do nothing to halt or even slow him. I saw then that nothing could stop his travel, and I realized the impossible truth. He was not walking along the road, he was making it. The slow tread of his unwavering footsteps had carved an exact line, around and around this world, for ages I could not fathom."
- ^ The Promised Gift, written by Nex, RuneScape. "'Finally I created the stone of ice from an arch-glacor on the frozen world of Leng. These creatures, that tower ten or a hundred times taller than their smaller kin, dominate the landscape of that brutal and inhospitable wasteland.'"
- ^ The Journal of Fell Arnessen, written by Fell Arnessen, RuneScape. "Every Fremennik knows the legend of the glacor's, those savage beings of ice brought forth by unholy sorcerers. What appeared on the horizon was a glacor of truly titanic size."
- ^ The Journal of Fell Arnessen, written by Fell Arnessen, RuneScape. "I encountered only one thing in that walk which could be confused for something edible. A large and voracious slug-like thing attacked me from a snowdrift. With impossible agility it leapt at my face, and I was barely able to cut it down. I tried to eat it, but a thick and stinking ichor repelled me and I left it on the ice."
|Realms and worlds|