Lava strykewyrms are enemies encountered in the Dragonkin Laboratory, residing in the molten ruins.
Unlike their surface counterparts, these strykewyrms do not need a Slayer level in order to be killed. Players may kill these strykewyrms in place of their surface counterparts for a slayer task or to capture their soul in an ushabti for the Slayer Codex, if they are unwilling to enter the Wilderness or skip the task. These strykewyrms are far weaker than those on the surface, as they are incapable of melee, ranged, burrow and stomp attacks, in addition to using a far weaker magic attack, though they still retain their poison, reflect and stun immunity. As such, they cannot drop searing ashes, wyrm spikes, hearts and scalps.
In Story mode its health is reduced by 50% and its damage output is reduced by 90%.
The following table has a 1/25 chance to get rolled on for boss monsters and mini-bosses, and a 1/50 chance for other monsters when holding a Lucky charm (Dragonkin Laboratory).
- ^ A mysterious egg is significantly more likely to drop when the player has the Mysterious perk on one of their equipped items.
If the above table is not rolled, a reward from the following table is given:
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- update 15 October 2018 (Update):
- Reduced damage taken in Elite Dungeon story modes further, down to 10% of normal mode.
- update 13 August 2018 (Update):
- Damage taken in story mode of elite dungeons was reduced from 33% of normal mode to 10% in an update on the 15th of October 2018.