This article is about the Lava Flow Mine distraction and diversion. For other geysers, see geyser (disambiguation)
Lava geysers are a Distraction and Diversion found while mining in the Lava Flow Mine. At random intervals averaging once every 45 minutes (with peaks of up to over an hour), a lava geyser can appear in a random lava channel segment within the Lava Flow Mine.
All players that have completed Birthright of the Dwarves will receive a chat message notifying them that a lava geyser has appeared. When encountered, players have to cool the geyser down by casting water or ice spells at it. After depleting the lava geyser's 30,000 life points, it will solidify. If a lava geyser is not cooled quickly enough, it will eventually disappear.
Magic abilities can also be used on the lava geyser whilst using Water or ice spells.
When the lava geyser has been solidified, it can be mined by any number of players. Doing so awards experience comparable to mining a channel with 50% flow. When fully mined, it will award an Imcando pickaxe fragment. If all fragments are owned but an Imcando pickaxe has not been created, a duplicate of the fragment will be received. Please note that when getting duplicate fragment pieces, you may receive any fragment piece as a duplicate, not necessarily in order.
Geysers spawn at different times on each world, so hopping to different worlds to find more may speed up the process of collecting pickaxe fragments. When hopping to a world with a geyser already active, no chat message will show, so you will have to check the whole room manually.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- patch 12 August 2019 (Update):
- Damage dealt to a Lava geyser is now not shown in chat when the chat is filtered.
- patch 14 January 2019 (Update):
- Solid lava geyser duration has been reduced drastically.
- Your progress when mining a solid lava geyser is now reset correctly.
- update 7 January 2019 (Update):
- The mineable version of the lava geyser has been renamed from "Lava geyser" to "Solid lava geyser".
- patch 8 October 2013 (Update):
- A debug message that appeared whilst mining from a lava geyser in the Lava Flow Mine has been removed.