|Release||15 August 2016 (Update)|
|Destroy||Your item will be destroyed permanently and it may not be reclaimable.|
|On death||Always kept outside Wild|
|Perhaps if you listened to it you might hear the ocean.|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
A large shell is an item which can be obtained randomly while skilling during the Summer Beach Party since 2016. It has a "listen" option where the player will hear a message from the shell. When clicked 10 times the player receives the title, [Name] the Sunkissed.
Dialogue messages include:
When the Summer Beach Party is active, there is a chance that the following message appears:Should this occur, the player's temperature is reduced by a random amount averaging 2/3%. This can happen at 100%, but re-filling the thermometer will not count as another maxed thermometer.
If listened to the shell many times (anywhere from once to over a hundred), a hermit crab will emerge from the shell, jump out of the player's hand, and scuttle away, causing the shell to vanish. Another shell can then be obtained. Adding the shell to the action bar and holding down the associated keybind is a quick and easy way to deplete the shell without interrupting other actions.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 27 July 2020 (Update):
- Fixed an issue where the Large Shell could stall a player in PvP zones.
- patch 22 August 2016 (Update):
- Obtaining a large shell while playing Beach Ball Rolling will no longer cause players to become stuck.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The message "Oh conch you see, you belong to me... I'll be watching you." is a reference to the song Every Breath You Take by The Police.
- There is a glitch, where walking/running animation can be stopped when the key bound to the large shell is used during the animation. Doing so will teleport the player a short distance if the player is set to move far enough. This glitch has not been fixed. It can be replicated by holding down the key bound to the shell while running or walking.
- Multiple shells may be obtained by completing Sandy Clue Scrolls.