Lana is one of the six araxyte pets that may be obtained by killing Araxxor and Araxxi. Araxyte pets are very rare drops from Araxxi, although the chances to obtain one may be increased by a player sacrificing their drops in a given kill. After one of them is obtained as a drop, the rest must be unlocked by completing various tasks within the Araxxor fight, after which it will automatically be added to the pet interface.
Like the other pets, Lana shares her design with one of the lesser araxytes that features in the boss fight, in her case a pulsing spider.
- Burn the web for the minions path or acid path
- Deal no damage to Araxxor on the first 2 phases (On the minions path, just run to the phase 3 arena after the web burns down to bypass phase 2)
- Unequip your gear during phases 1 and 2 if you have the Aftershock and/or Crackling perk, to prevent the perks accidentally harming Araxoor
- At the start of phase 3, rolling over the heart icon must indicate that Araxxor will heal for 160,000 life points, otherwise the pet unlock will fail
- Equip your gear and in phase 3, kill Araxxor as usual
- Kill Araxxi
- This pet cannot be obtained when taking the light path
- Damage done by Crackling and Aftershock also reduces the remaining life points
- If players attack Araxxor by mistake, let Araxxor fully heal during the Web special attack to compensate.
- The dialogue in which the player repeatedly says her name is a reference to a running gag in the animated series Archer. The dialogue in which she claims archers cause her trouble seems to be a reference to the same show.
- Her name may be a reference the Gone series of books by Michael Grant, where Lana is the girl whose powers are to heal.