Lair of Tarn Razorlor
|Lair of Tarn Razorlor|
|Release date||22 January 2007 (Update)|
|Main developer(s)||Unknown edit|
|Quality assurance||Unknown edit|
|Infobox • Talk page|
Overview[edit | edit source]
|Member requirement||Members only|
|Requirements||Skill requirements are not boostable unless marked with a [B] for boostable.
|Items required||Items from the tool belt are not listed unless they do not work or are not automatically added.
|Enemies to defeat||
Getting to Tarn Razorlor[edit | edit source]
The ring of slaying can teleport you directly to Tarn's lair, if you've unlocked it.
The entrance to Tarn's Lair is at the northern end of level 1 of the Abandoned Mine.
- Drakan's medallion will teleport players to Burgh de Rott, where a shortcut over a fence to the west leads to the mine.
- Taking the shortcut under the Hair of the Dog tavern in Canifis and travelling on the Swamp Boat brings players close to Mort'ton.
For a guide to the correct path through the dungeon, see Tarn's Lair#Route.
Fighting Tarn Razorlor[edit | edit source]
Upon entering the room with Tarn, a cutscene of Tarn transforming into a green mutant with lashing tentacles and unleashing two level 65 terror dogs plays. After this cutscene, the fight will begin. Animated steel armour will also attack if the player moves near them.
Tarn can attack with both melee and magic but attacks solely with melee if approached. Since the terror dogs can only use melee, Protect from Melee or Deflect Melee is strongly recommended, but Prayer is drained constantly, so bringing Prayer potions is recommended. Tarn is weak to Air spells in his first form.
After his first form is defeated, he will turn into a ghost and is now weak to thrown weapons. Tarn Razorlor is the only monster required to be killed, so ignoring the minions and turning off Auto Retaliate is recommended.
As soon as Tarn is defeated, a room will open up. Tarn's diary is in this next room on a table. Picking it up completes the miniquest.
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- 5,000 experience
- Tarn's diary
- Ability to create enchanted salve amulets, by using Tarn's diary on salve amulets.
- Music unlocked
Achievements[edit | edit source]
- Lair of Tarn Razorlor ( 15) – Complete this Experienced miniquest.
Required for completing[edit | edit source]
Lair of Tarn Razorlor is not currently required for any quests or miniquests.
Transcript[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- If players had bought or learned to make a ring of slaying, they used to be able to teleport into Tarn's Lair and fight him directly without having to go through the whole dungeon. As part of the 15 September 2010 update, this ability was temporarily removed, forcing players to journey through the entire dungeon. It was reinstated in a later update prior to 8 December 2010, before finally being removed again on 28 November 2011. As of 7 January 2019, players can teleport directly to Tarn after completion of Haunted Mine.
|Related to the Myreque quest series|