|Object ID||? (edit)|
|doc • Talk page|
Ladders are used to go up and down to the next or previous level of the areas they are found in. This is a very common piece of scenery found throughout RuneScape. They come in many varieties; ghostly (such as the one at the entrance to Damis' Lair), broken, and regular (commonly found throughout Gielinor). Users cannot ascend or descend 'broken' ladders, except for some one-way ladders in Melzar's Maze, which can only be descended.
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 5 October 2020 (Update):
- The correct animation will now play while climbing a ladder in Citharede Abbey.
- You can no longer go up ladders sideways on the Lunar Isle or in Seers' Village.
- The ladder climbing animation in the port next to Lunar Isle has been corrected.
- Fixed an issue with the climbing animation on a ladder in Burthorpe.
- Character now behaves correctly when going up and down the ladder in Draynor Manor. A little decorum, please!
- Fixed an issue with the ladder climbing animation in an abandoned house in Varrock.
- An issue with ladders in Melzar's Maze has been fixed.
- patch 1 September 2020 (Update):
- patch 10 September 2013 (Update):
- Ladders throughout Gielinor are no longer pink and white in DirectX and OpenGL display modes respectively.
- patch 13 November 2012 (Update):
- A ladder in the Lighthouse dungeon has been rotated to make it conform to the laws of physics.
- patch 16 February 2010 (Update):
- Ladders near the Clocktower had tops that didn't match their bottoms.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- There is a ladder that can be seen from the Void Knight's boat in Port Sarim. This ladder is located to the north-east of the boat, cannot be climbed, and seems to lead into the ocean. The examine text for this specific ladder reads, "I'm not allowed to use this."
- There are many 'unusable' ladders throughout RuneScape, many of which can be found at ports and on the docks. Among these unusable ladders are the two ladders in the bank at Tutorial Island. When you try to climb up it, "Nothing interesting happens."
- There was a glitch where after players had gone up a ladder, they would not be able to get down. They were also able to roam anywhere.
- In the past, the ladder leading up to Port Phasmatys from the pub's brewing vat and the ladders in Lletya were spelled with a lower case "L" for a very long time. These errors were rectified during an unknown hidden update.