This article is about the NPC that appears during the quest. For the pet players can receive afterwards, see Cat
Kittens are the offspring of Fluffs (and likely Bob) that appear during the Gertrude's Cat quest. They were separated from their mother within the Lumber Yard, and must be retrieved from a jiggling crate to obtain them as an item, which must then be taken to Fluffs. If the item is instead dropped, the kittens will appear on the ground and run back to a crate.
After they are returned to Fluffs, they are briefly seen playing before they follow her back to Gertrude's house. Players can then receive their own kitten as a pet from Gertrude, although not necessarily one of these particular trio of kittens.
If players speak to Fluffs after Icthlarin's Little Helper with a catspeak amulet, she will thank them for finding her kittens, and admits she has a difficult time keeping track of them all.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- update 7 May 2008 (Update):
- Model updated, renamed from "Kitten" to "Kittens", cutscene of them reuniting with Fluffs added.
- update 29 March 2004 (Update):
- If you drop the kittens, and there are walls or other objects in between the kittens and the crate they are running to, they will walk through the walls and objects instead of going around them.
- An identical trio of kittens appears at the end of the Rocking Out quest.
- ^ Fluffs, "Gertrude's Cat", RuneScape. "My children have always been popular with Adventurers. They have inherited their father's adventurous spirit. He's always travelling the world - when he can find some kind person to help him through doors."
- ^ Fluffs, "Gertrude's Cat", RuneScape. "Well, I should thank you for finding my kittens that time. I have a terrible time keeping track of them and I never know how many Gertrude has managed to sell."