Quick guide for King of the Dwarves
Overview[edit | edit source]
|Start point||Lava-flow miner Sven outside the lava flow mine in Keldagrim East.|
|Member requirement||Members only|
|Official length||Medium to Long|
|Requirements||Skill requirements are not boostable unless marked with a [B] for boostable.
|Items required||Items from the tool belt are not listed unless they do not work or are not automatically added.|
|Enemies to defeat||
Starting the quest[edit | edit source]
Rescuing the miners[edit | edit source]
- Free all 6 dwarves by mining the lighter coloured rubble surrounding them (they are all close to the entrance) and take them back to Foreman Jaak.
Releasing Veldaban[edit | edit source]
- Talk to Veldaban near the protesters outside.
- Go to the top floor of the Consortium.
- Talk to Veldaban.
- Talk to the Green Gemstone Director.
- Talk to the Yellow Fortune Director.
- Talk to the Blue Opal Director.
- Talk to the Brown Engine Director.
- Dismiss any pets and talk to the consortium general secretary.
Records chamber[edit | edit source]
If you should somehow lose Veldaban, he will be waiting for you at the Laughing Miner Pub located in Keldagrim East.
- Talk to Hreidmar outside the eastern entrance of the Consortium.
- Talk to one of the protesters.
- Head to the King's Axe Inn (Keldagrim West) and talk to Luitger.
- Go to the Black Guard HQ (west of the bank) and talk to Klaas.
- Go to the top of the Keldagrim Watchtower (south edge of West Keldagrim) and talk to Meike.
- Go to the library north of the Consortium in West Keldagrim.
- Talk to Meike or Veldaban.
- Talk to the Librarian.
- Open the cabinet north of Meike.
- Use the soft clay on Meike and then talk to the librarian about the keys.
- Talk to Meike.
- Use the furnace in the Consortium south of the library.
- Go to the Records Chamber (Enter Entrance in the wall, west of the Black Guard HQ) and talk to Meike or Veldaban.
- Match up the keys with the correct keyholes. See the picture below for the solution.
- Open the door.
Routing the chaos dwarves[edit | edit source]
Prepare for battle against Colonel Grimsson (level 84).
Defeating Colonel Grimsson[edit | edit source]
- Talk to Veldaban.
- Enter the tunnel and go to the opposite end of the cavern.
- Defeat Colonel Grimsson while making sure Veldaban does not die.
To read about this fight in more detail, click here.
Recruiting the trolls[edit | edit source]
Finishing up[edit | edit source]
- Go to the protest east of the Consortium.
- Talk to Veldaban, who is standing within the group of protesters.
- Quest complete!
(if starting Birthright of the Dwarves straight away, you may have to relog.)
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- 2 quest points
- 45,000 experience
- 50,000 experience
- 55,000 experience
- A new gravestone option (Royal dwarven gravestone)
- Access to the Lava Flow Mine
- Ability to lift big rock (90 required to carry it away)
- 2 Treasure Hunter keys and 2 Hearts of Ice (Ironman accounts will not receive these)
- Music unlocked
- Rocky Rescue (After the suicide in the mine)
- Corporate Callousness (After leaving the mine)
- Only a King (After having spoken to Meike on top of the tower)
- The Records Chamber (In the Records Chamber)
- Colonel Grimsson (In the Barendir tunnels)
- Go with the Flow (During the announcement of the new king and his coronation)
Required for completing[edit | edit source]
King of the Dwarves is directly required for the following quests/miniquests:
|Part 4 of the Rise of the Red Axe quest series|