|Release date||2 February 2004 (Update)|
|Location(s)||Keldagrim and various Locations|
|Examine||He's had a fair bit to drink...|
|NPC ID||? (edit)|
|Infobox • Talk page|
The Drunken Dwarf is an intoxicated dwarf who wanders Gielinor giving kebabs and beer to adventurers who talk to him, and then proceeds to teleport away to other places. He is a former RuneScape Random Event, and has a number of quest and miniquest appearances.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Quests[edit | edit source]
Forgettable Tale of a Drunken Dwarf[edit | edit source]
The Drunken Dwarf is seen in the final cutscene of the Forgettable Tale of a Drunken Dwarf quest. After the quest, if you see the dwarf and talk to him, he will speak of your "kebab stories" from the end of the quest and give you your beer and kebab as normal.
Swan Song[edit | edit source]
My Arm's Big Adventure[edit | edit source]
During the My Arm's Big Adventure quest, the Drunken Dwarf will wander too close to the goutweed that My Arm is attempting to grow and will be thrown off a mountain. A nameless newborn troll then attempts to eat his leg, earning the name Drunken Dwarf's Leg.
Birthright of the Dwarves[edit | edit source]
When Hreidmar, the rightful heir to the Keldagrim throne, is killed by the adventurer in the assault on the Red Axe stronghold, Veldaban is corrupted by his spell, and begins to turn into a Chaos dwarf. If the adventurer kills Veldaban, they can then tell the Consortium to yield their power the true heir to the dwarven throne; Meike discovers that the Drunken Dwarf is the heir to the throne. He is originally crowned as 'King <his name>', but during the post-coronation party he becomes too inebriated to even remember his own name; at his own request, he is thus crowned as 'King Drunken Dwarf'.
After the quest, if he becomes king, he can then be found at the top of Keldagrim Palace. If he is not made king, he can be found in his house in Northeast Keldagrim with the broken glass on the floor.
Other[edit | edit source]
Court Cases[edit | edit source]
The Drunken Dwarf is a participant in the Court Cases Distraction and Diversion, in the case of the Drunken Dwarf versus Botros. In the case he is alleged to have assaulted the character Botros whilst skilling; it is up to the player to decide whether to prosecute on behalf of Botros or defend the drunken dwarf. For completing the case the player will be rewarded with 5000 attack experience for prosecuting or 5,000 defence experience for defending the drunken dwarf.
Achievements[edit | edit source]
Present 28 different ales/beers to him for the achievement Open Bar.
Random event (discontinued)[edit | edit source]
As a random event, he would occasionally appear and talk to players. If the player responded, the dwarf would give them a kebab and a beer. If the player ignored him, he would throw rocks at the player which hit a max of 2 hitpoints, (the equivalent of about 200 life points) capable of hitting through even the Protect from Missiles prayer. He would not stop unless the player talked to him.
He could be killed using a combative familiar (if you were in multicombat), and upon death would just drop regular bones.
It was widely disputed that this random event was unfair, because if the player lagged, they would most likely have died as a result.
- 'Ere, matey, 'ave some 'o the good stuff.
- Dun ignore your matey!
- I hates you [insert player's name]!
- Aww comeon, talk to ikle me [insert player's name]!
If the player died or logged out, the Dwarf would exclaim:
- Aw me is all alone... and disappear.
Summer Skill Off[edit | edit source]
Locations[edit | edit source]
When wandering the world, he can be found in many places. The locations he can be found at include:
- Crandor and Karamja Dungeon, near the brick wall with lesser demons
- Outside of the Champions' Guild.
- Al Kharid bank, the Cactus Patch, Furnace, gem trader, Palace, Al Kharid mining site, gate to Lumbridge, between Al Kharid and Varrock, Faruq
- Gunnarsgrunn canoe station and near the Cooking guild
- The north Falador Entrance, Falador park, below the South Falador entrance, southwest part of Falador, Party room, south of the Artisan's Workshop
- Wilderness: just a little ways south of the Bandit Camp entrance.
- Wilderness: north of the Black Knights' Fortress, near the Zamorak Mage, Wilderness volcano, Southern Wilderness Mining Site
- Rimmington, Port Sarim
- The Grand Exchange and Varrock palace (including 2nd floor), Varrock museum, Zaff's house, Varrock east and west banks, Varrock Ivies, Stone circle, South-east Varrock mining site, Earth altar, Blue Moon Inn
- Cows and chicken patches east of Lumbridge, between Fred the Farmer's farm and the Falador cabbage patch, Draynor Village, Water altar, Falador south entrance, Maggie's caravan
- Karamja, south of the volcano
- Ruins near Edgeville
- Musa Point (Karamja), Karamja Volcano Mine
- Crafting Guild, Hobgoblin Peninsula
- Mining Guild, Dwarven Mines
- Asgarnian Ice Caves - near the blurite ores
- In Victoria's house at Lumbridge, near Graveyard
- Lumbridge Swamps, north of East Mining Site
- Lumbridge potato farm south of Varrock entrance
- Just north of the chaos temple
- In the Dwarven Mines in Asgarnia, outside the entrance to the Living Rock Caverns.
- In between the Sheep farm and cabbage patch in Lumbridge
- Just south of the Spirit of Summer quest start.
- Lumbridge furnace house
- Mudskipper Point
- Clan Camp
- Draynor, near the Willow trees
- Varrock, in the pottery house
- Varrock square
- Next to the Wizard's Tower by the Spellwisps
Dialogue[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 22 October 2013 (Update):
- The Drunken Dwarf no longer changes back to his old model during My Arms Big Adventure.
- patch 22 November 2011 (Update):
- The Drunken Dwarf no longer appears inside bank booths at the Grand Exchange
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- If the Drunken Dwarf killed the player near their respawn point, such as Lumbridge, he would continue to attack them once they respawned.
- In Swan Song, the Drunken Dwarf is revealed to have 400 life points.
- When the Drunken Dwarf appeared the player would hear a unique whistling sound. This was an easy way to notice a Drunken Dwarf immediately if the player was doing a task that doesn't require full attention such as Woodcutting or Fishing.
- Though most non-chaos dwarves still alive are incapable of casting magic or are not willing to use magic beyond casting Superheat Item, the Drunken Dwarf appears capable of teleporting all over Gielinor, and even into pocket dimensions not really part of Gielinor, such as those containing the Runecrafting Altars (not utilising the conventional means used to reach there).
- In the Evolution of Combat beta, a bug allowed players to walk to Tutorial Island. The Drunken Dwarf was placed on the island by Jagex to remove the players that had reached the Island, by throwing a beer at them, which teleported them to Lumbridge.
|Part 5 of the Rise of the Red Axe quest series|