King Awowogei is the powerful monkey king and monarch of Ape Atoll. He is also part of the Secret Council of Gielinor, despite the fact that no one can understand him. He needs to be rescued from the powerful Culinaromancer during the events of the Recipe for Disaster quest by being fed stuffed snake.
His palace is located south of the Temple of Marimbo which is in east of Marim, the monkey capital. King Awowogei has Elder Guards blocking the entrances to get inside the building he resides in, however the player can get inside by talking to the Elder Guard directly south of Awowogei in monkey form. Awowogei also plays a role in Monkey Madness, forging an alliance with the Karamjan monkeys and the monkeys of Ape Atoll. The player needs a monkeyspeak amulet to talk to him. Awowogei somehow appears to possess knowledge of the existence of ScapeRune, as shown in a Postbag from the Hedge.
Awowogei also plays a role in Do No Evil, where the player proposes to construct a settlement in the desert. Awowogei initially disapproves of the idea until the player mentions choc-ice, which gets his attention. The player later brings him a choc-ice, which he enjoys with much delight, and approves of constructing a settlement there. It is also mentioned during the quest that he likes squirrel meat.
As with most monkeys, he is a devoted follower of the monkey god, Marimbo.
The king sitting on his throne
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
Awowogei being kicked by Duke Horacio at the Secret Council of Gielinor meeting
- Unlike most other NPCs, King Awowogei's text in the right-click menu is blue instead of the common yellow text, meaning he is an object. He also does not have a yellow dot on the minimap.
- He deplores Apmeken as a false goddess, as mentioned in Do No Evil. This may explain his (and his subjects') hostility toward humans, as Apmeken is a human goddess. Apmekenite monkeys, such as the three wise monkeys, do not attack humans.
|Part 11 of the Desert quest series|
- Monkey, ghost
- Monkey, ghost, camel
- Monkey, ghost, cat
- Monkey, ghost, cat, camel
- Monkey, ghost, cat, enchanted
- Monkey, ghost, cat, camel, enchanted