Quick guide for King's Ransom
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Overview[edit | edit source]
|Start point||Gossip, outside Sinclair Mansion.|
|Member requirement||Members only|
|Official length||Medium to Long|
|Requirements||Skill requirements are not boostable unless marked with a [B] for boostable.
|Items required||Items from the tool belt are not listed unless they do not work or are not automatically added.|
|Enemies to defeat||
Shady disappearances[edit | edit source]
Déjà vu[edit | edit source]
- Break the eastern smashed window of the mansion.
- Once inside, take the scrap paper next to the fireplace.
- Go up to the 1st floor[UK]2nd floor[US].
- Take the address form from the table in the central northern room and read it.
- Search the nearby bookcase for a black knight helmet.
- Exit through the smashed window and talk to the Guard.
- Talk to him again , then a third time.
The Sinclairs[edit | edit source]
- Talk to Gossip.
- Go to the Seers' Village Courthouse, directly south from the mansion gates.
- Talk to the Clerk.
- Talk to Anna.
Courtroom drama[edit | edit source]
- Go down the stairs to begin the trial.
- After the balloons drop, exit via the gate.
- Talk to Anna in her cell.
Jailbreaker[edit | edit source]
- Go to the east of Camelot Castle.
- Search the statue.
- Talk to Merlin.
- Reach the vent on the northern wall, it should trigger a cutscene in which the imprisoned knights lift Merlin out. Do not reach for the vent again afterwards.
- If you don't see a cutscene, then talk to Merlin again and exhaust all options.
- Cast Telekinetic Grab on the guard fixing his hair outside your cell door.
- Drop trick will work here if you would like an extra hairclip.
- Use the hairclip on the metal door.
- Complete the puzzle.
- To complete this puzzle, you must set each of four tumblers to the correct height. The most foolproof way to do this (although not necessarily the quickest) is to set all tumblers to the lowest height and try the lock.
- If a tumbler shows a green circle, do not change that tumbler anymore.
- Ignore blue and red circles. For all the other tumblers, increase the height by one and try again.
- Continue until the lock unlocks. This method will take at most six attempts.
The holy grail[edit | edit source]
- Once you have bypassed the gate, climb up two sets of staircases to reach the top floor.
- Search the table and click the purple cylinder second from the right.
For Camelot![edit | edit source]
- Go to East Ardougne, northeast corner, and talk to Wizard Cromperty.
- Equip your bronze helm and iron chainbody, then enter the Black Knights' Fortress in Edgeville.
- Climb-down the ladder in the south-west corner.
- Remove your bronze helm and iron chainbody, then free King Arthur.
- Talk to King Arthur. Give him the bronze helm and iron chainbody.
- Return to Camelot and talk to King Arthur.
- Quest complete!
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- 1 quest point
- 33,000 experience
- 5,000 experience
- An antique lamp granting 5,000 experience in any skill that is level 50 or above
- The hair clip, a more durable version of the lockpick
- Access to the Knight Waves Training Grounds miniquest
- Access to the Court Cases Distraction and Diversion
- 2 Treasure Hunter keys (Ironman accounts will not receive these)
- Music unlocked
Required for completing[edit | edit source]
King's Ransom is directly required for the following quests/miniquests:
It is therefore an indirect requirement for the following quests and miniquests:
- Full completion of Azzanadra's Quest
- Full completion of Battle of the Monolith (miniquest)
- Children of Mah
- City of Senntisten
- Full completion of Curse of the Black Stone
- Desperate Measures
- Full completion of Desperate Times
- Dishonour among Thieves
- Fate of the Gods
- Full completion of Heart of Stone
- Full completion of Hero's Welcome
- Kindred Spirits
- Koschei's Troubles
- Mahjarrat Memories
- Full completion of Missing, Presumed Death
- Full completion of Nadir (saga)
- Nomad's Elegy
- Once Upon a Time in Gielinor: Finale
- Full completion of Once Upon a Time in Gielinor: Fortunes
- Full completion of One of a Kind
- Rebuilding Edgeville
- Ritual of the Mahjarrat
- Sins of the Father
- Sliske's Endgame
- Tales of Nomad
- The Light Within
- The Mighty Fall
- Full completion of The World Wakes