Keg of beer
|Keg of beer|
|Release||2 November 2004 (Update)|
|High alch||195 coins|
|Low alch||130 coins|
|Beer in a barrel - a specialty of the Fremennik Province.|
|Exchange||1,607 coins (info)|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
A keg of beer is a large barrel of beer which can be drunk. When you drink it, it says, "You chug the keg. You feel reinvigorated... ...but extremely drunk, too." Your character raises the keg above their head and chugs the entire barrel. It temporarily lowers Attack by 40 and raises Strength by 10, as well as causing the perspective of your screen to swing back and forth for a minute, as if your character is drunk. This can be stopped by teleporting. It isn't a good idea to drink this in a combat area as it makes melee attacks much less accurate, and it will probably prevent you from using some high level attack abilities until your attack level is restored.
Kegs of beer can be bought in the Rellekka longhall for 325 coins, provided that the player has completed The Fremennik Trials quest. It can also be bought from the merchant, Rasolo, who is north of Ardougne near Baxtorian Falls.
If you use this item in conjunction with a few doses of restore potion, it can act as a one-use alternative to a strength potion with the added bonus of healing you. In fact, if your Strength level is below 70 and you don't care about accuracy or can recover your levels easily, it becomes superior to a strength potion. When in dangerous areas combating high-level opponents, food and super strength potions are more reliable than kegs, which take a long time to consume and require you to carry restore potions instead of more food or potions. One potential use for this item is boosting your strength for non-combat purposes, most notably quests.
Drop sources[edit | edit source]
|Black Guard Berserker||53; 56||1||Uncommon|
|Black Guard crossbowdwarf||70||1||Uncommon|
|Black Guard||42; 47||1||4/128|
|Dagannoth (Waterbirth Island)||78; 79||1||2/128|
|Dagannoth (Waterbirth Island, ranged)||78; 79||1||Uncommon|
|Market Guard (Fremennik)||39||1||Common|
|Trade floor guard||70||1||Common|
|Zombie (Uncharted Isles)||93||1||Common|
Store locations[edit | edit source]
|Rasolo the Wandering Merchant||South of Baxtorian Falls||325||Coins||10|
|Rellekka Longhall Bar||Rellekka||325||Coins||10|
Disassembly[edit | edit source]
|Disassembly category||Food and herbs|
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||89.0%|
Update History[edit | edit source]
- patch 18 May 2020 (Update):
- The keg of beer and sextant will no longer stall your movement when used.
- We've relaxed the Grand Exchange restrictions on kegs of beer.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Beer kegs are also one of the few edible items that have a unique consumption animation. Unlike most drinks, when a player drinks a beer keg they can be seen tipping the barrel back with both hands.
- When the player attempts to drink a keg of beer whilst on the Fishing Trawler, they will receive a message saying "With my sea sickness? You must be joking!"
- On drinking, the entire keg disappears from the players inventory.
- If a player attempts to drink another keg of beer in under a minute, they will say to themselves "Not another one! Not so soon!"