The keenblade is a two-handed sword that can be obtained from Gudrik in Port Sarim after completing the path. Its stats are the same as those of an iron 2h sword. Although this weapon only requires 5 Attack, it has the stats of a level 10 weapon. This weapon has a special attack, as do its ranged and magic equivalents, the quickbow and mindspike.
The keenblade's special attack, Critical Strike.
The Keenblade has the special attack Critical Strike, which strikes the enemy with 25% increased accuracy for 100-150% weapon damage, and costs 75% adrenaline.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 22 September 2014 (Update):
- Some errors in calculating damage values have been fixed with two-handed weapons.
- patch 7 January 2014 (Update):
- The level requirement for the keenblade and quickbow have been adjusted to match the Skill Advance Guide.
- patch 5 February 2013 (Update):
- An issue that allowed players to wield off-hand weapons with the Keenblade has been fixed.
- A blade that is referred to as "keen" means that it has been sharpened more so than a normal blade of the same type.
- Before the steel 2h sword's model was changed it was visually similar to the keenblade, other than a slightly jagged blade and a red gem set on the handle instead of a blue one. However, stat-wise the keenblade is much weaker.
- Before the Evolution of Combat, this weapon used to have a different special attack, which would do a guaranteed 50 life points of damage. It would hit a 30 through Protect from Melee and 25 through the Staff of light's special.
- The animation of this weapon's special attack is the same as the Saradomin godsword, though its effect is different.
- Before the release of Ashdale, this weapon was obtained as a drop from the troll general, Morningstar, who was fought and killed during the Troll Warzone tutorial.