|Release||15 January 2008 (Update)|
|Familiar size||Unknown edit|
|Special moves||Doomsphere Device|
|Examine||Kneel before squid!|
Pre-summoning release: I will call him Squiddy, and he shall be my Squiddy, and he shall be mine.
|Life points||Max hit|
|Immune to poison||No|
|Attack style||Melee, Ranged|
|Infobox • Talk page|
A karam. overlord is a level 69 combat summoning familiar released with the introduction of the Summoning skill. It requires level 58 Summoning to summon.
It uses solely melee or ranged basic attacks depending on its distance from the target.
Karam. overlord pouch[edit | edit source]
|144 ( 3,600)||8.2
|Create XP||Use XP||Low alch||Hi alch||GE price|
|GE Database||Cost to make||Bogrog shard return||Shard return level|
|Look up price||4,183||101 (2,525)||64|
|I can summon a karam. overlord familiar with this.|
Doomsphere scroll[edit | edit source]
|Create XP||Use XP||Special move points|
|Low Alch||High Alch||GE Price|
|GE Database||Bogrog shard return||Shard return level|
|Look up price||8 (200)||64|
|A scroll for a karam. overlord familiar.|
The Doomsphere scroll enables the use of the Doomsphere Device special ability for a Karamthulhu overlord. Using a Karamthulhu overlord pouch on a Summoning obelisk creates ten Doomsphere scrolls.
Doomsphere Device[edit | edit source]
Doomsphere Device is the special move of the karamthulhu overlord. The overlord attacks the target with a magical water spell, causing up to 763 damage and draining their Magic level.
Dialogue[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Previously, it had a right-click option, Drown, which caused the Karamthulhu to instantly use a magic-based water attack, at the cost of two summoning points. It has been removed since the Evolution of Combat.
- The Karamthulhu is a reference to H. P. Lovecraft's Cthulhu, its name being a portmanteau of "Karambwan" and "Cthulhu".
- The first examine text is a reference to the Superman villain General Zod, who says "Kneel before Zod."
- Before the release of Summoning, Karamthulhu was involved in a bug that allowed it to appear and walk around for a bit before disappearing.
- The examine text, "I will call him Squiddy, and he shall be my Squiddy, and he shall be mine," is a reference to the popular Pixar movie, Finding Nemo, where one of the main characters, Dory, says a similar phrase.
- Doomsphere Device may be a reference to Doomsday device.