|Release date||27 February 2002 (Update)|
|Sells items||Herblore cape|
|Examine||A wise druid.|
|Infobox • Talk page|
Kaqemeex (pronounced /keɪk mɪks/) is a Guthixian druid who can be found in the Druids' Circle in Taverley. Kaqemeex is the chairman of Collected Appreciators of RuneScape's Environment (CARE), an environmental organisation working to prevent damage to Gielinor's environment. In the quest While Guthix Sleeps, Thaerisk Cemphier claims that Kaqemeex is a supporter of Crux Eqal, an underground organisation of druids who are currently working to combat the threat of the Mahjarrat.
Kaqemeex is the start point of the quest Druidic Ritual, the quest required to start learning the skill of Herblore. During the quest, players learn that he is the master for Herblore. Players with level 99 Herblore may buy the Herblore cape for 99,000 coins, and those with 120 Herblore can buy the Herblore master cape for 120,000 coins.
Kaqemeex plays a small role in the RuneScape novel, Betrayal at Falador, where he is revealed to have the ability to converse with animals.
Collected Appreciators of RuneScape's Environment[edit | edit source]
|“||...the condition of RuneScape is getting worse. This is most clearly seen with the Kharidian desert, which is creeping north at a rate of one metre per year. It may seem inconsequential, but this rate is growing. Imagine RuneScape a thousand years ago – with forests, streams and grassland as far south as the Duel Arena.
The ice sheets of the north, too, are melting at rates that have serious implications to RuneScape. At current rates, we could see large-scale flooding of Lumbridge Swamp, Tutorial Island, Mos Le'Harmless and Catherby.
Although the current trend for Firemaking has had an impact on the levels of pollution, it is the move towards industrialisation that is the worst culprit. Dwarven technology alone produces 65% of emissions, and this will only get worse as they continue to manufacture and process.
While lies like these exist, our ability to educate the world about an overheating RuneScape is diminished.
|— Kaqemeex Postbag from the Hedge - Issue 24|
Stock[edit | edit source]
|Item||Stock||Sell price||Buy price||GE price||Resale value|
|Herblore cape||∞||99,000||Not bought||59,400||∞ (−39,600)|
|Herblore hood||∞||99,000||Not bought||3,000||∞ (−96,000)|
|Herblore cape (t)||∞||99,000||Not bought||59,400||∞ (−39,600)|
|Herblore master cape||∞||120,000||Not bought||72,000||∞ (−48,000)|
Dialogue[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 9 December 2019 (Update):
- Removed a section of Kaqemeex's voiced dialogue near the start of the Druidic Ritual quest, that referred to the slayer master removed from Taverley.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- He, along with Ajjat and Ignatious Vulcan, are the only cape sellers to wear a trimmed version of their cape. It appears one of his other mastered skills is Summoning, as he is also controlling a Steel titan during The World Wakes. This may not be the case anymore since the skillcape update, in which he wears an untrimmed cape.
- Using any item on him causes him to ask, "Why...why are you rubbing that item on me?"
- His name may be pronounced as "Cakemix", which would fit the herblore theme.
References[edit | edit source]
|Outside of Taverley|
|Removed from the game|