Kaleef's mangled body in the dank cave.
Kaleef was a spy and former owner of the Keris. His corpse can be found at the bottom of the Sophanem Dungeon during Contact!.
Kaleef was dispatched by Osman to contact Maisa, and also to relief her of her espionage duties. Traversing to the bottom-most level of the dungeon, he met his end while fighting the Giant scarab, but not before puncturing its shell through a combination of his special dagger and fighting techniques he picked up from Osman.
His death is briefly mentioned during Dealing with Scabaras by Maisa. While blaming Osman for his demise, she plans revenge against the scarabs and asks the player to eliminate any they see.
- ^ Osman, "Contact!", RuneScape. "No, but I do recommend you pick up Kaleef's dagger. I can assure you, it packs some punch."
- ^ Parchment (Contact!), "Contact!", RuneScape. "Your mission is to contact our agent inside Menaphos. Use the tunnels beneath the temple of lesser gods. Be vigilant of traps and the hostile natives. They're about as welcoming as the Menaphites only slightly better looking."
- ^ Maisa, "Contact!", RuneScape. "No, I hardly knew him. He was meant to tell me how to get out of Menaphos; now that he's dead, I'm stuck here."
- ^ Player character, "Contact!", RuneScape. "I'd say so; It managed to pierce that bug's shell."
- ^ Osman, "Contact!", RuneScape. "Indeed. I'm glad he took on board some of my teaching."
- ^ Maisa, "Dealing with Scabaras", RuneScape. "More his personality. He sent Kaleef to his doom without a single qualm. He's up to far more bad than good."
- ^ Maisa, "Dealing with Scabaras", RuneScape. "Since then, I have been researching how to take my revenge upon them."
- ^ Maisa, "Dealing with Scabaras", RuneScape. "Oh, yes! Then kill anything that looks even a tiny bit like a beetle!"