"Juvenate" redirects here. For the ultimate ability, see Rejuvenate
Juvinates are Vampyre Juvinates that patrol the Temple Trekking routes. Like regular Vampyre Juvinates, they can only be damaged with Silver weapons or Blisterwood weapons. They look identical to Vampyre Juvinates. When they turn into mist they say "Ha ha ha, time to disappear and re-juvinate". Strangely, their name then changes to Vampyre Juvinate. It is worth noting that for some silver weapons, the damage is capped to 100. This does not apply for the Ivandis flail or blisterwood weapons, but does for others, such as Darklight and silver bolts.
Ranged and Magic Dreadnips damages Juvinates normally, but Melee Dreadnips' basic attacks have no effect on them (although all three could stun or poison them). While they could often kill Juvinates in one or two hits, they will remain and not attack anything else for the rest of its lifespan, preventing players from deploying another dreadnip.
Unlike other vampyres, they are immune to the effects of Guthix balance potions.
They used to have significantly more life points, as many as 7,000 at their highest level, but after a hidden update their life points were dramatically reduced. This change was likely made due to the low damage that most silver weapons inflict on them.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 1 September 2010 (Update):
- When killing juvinates, the smoke effect now shouldn't hide other NPCs.
- There is a bug that makes the player unable to do damage to them even with the right weapons. A solution is to take out one's armour; enabling one to hit them again.
- While the Juvinates are male, their chatheads are female. This has not been addressed yet.
- If Sacrifice causes them to turn to mist, it would count as a killing blow.
- The damage cap will also affect healing from Soul Split, despite its ability to heal according to what the player would have hit otherwise on a killing blow.