The junk refiner is a device that converts junk into refined components at a rate of 100:1.
It will explode after refining an amount of junk dependent on the user's Invention level (see below). Higher Invention levels allow the device to create more refined components before it explodes. It takes 3 seconds (5 game ticks) for each set of junk to be converted. Each set of junk converted gives 10 Invention experience. The amount of junk converted by a refiner can be checked by using the right click option "Check".
Discovering this device requires level 22 Invention. It can be used before level 22 but each junk refiner will only produce 9 refined components. Success in creating the blueprints earns 1,541 Invention experience.
On 6 February 2017, unused junk refiners were made stackable.
On 18 September 2017, unused junk refiners were made tradeable.
Components per level
|500 XP||100 XP||?||-|
| Invention level||22|
| Discover: Junk refiner|
| Members only||Yes|
The update history project
is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here
for how to help out!
- patch 28 January 2019 (Update):
- Make-x when creating Junk Refiners has been fixed
- ninja 14 August 2017 (Update):.
- A junk refiner can now be used all in one, and will adjust to display how many components a player can receive based on charges and junk available.
- patch 27 March 2017 (Update):
- Stackable junk refiners can now be used to complete invention tech tree tasks.
- ninja 6 February 2017 (Update):
- Uncharged Junk refiners now stack.