|Release||8 February 2010 (Update)|
|Who said worms were small and harmless?|
|Equipment XP (2H/MH & Armour/OH)|
|34 / 22 / 11|
|73||250||Jungle strykewyrms, Strykewyrms|
4 ticks (2.4s)
|? (edit)||? (edit)||? (edit)|
|Immune||Not immune||Not immune||Not immune|
|Links||bestiary • MRND|
|FAQ • doc|
Jungle strykewyrms are Slayer monsters that are located south of Feldip Hills and west of Oo'glog, next to the three fishing spots along the western coast. They are accessible at 73 Slayer and can only be attacked when given as a Slayer assignment. In order to fight them, you must click one to "Investigate" the mound. Your character will do an animation in which you stomp on the ground. Only once you have done this will the strykewyrm come to the surface to fight. They are assigned by Chaeldar, Sumona, Duradel, and Kuradal, or by Laniakea as part of the Strykewyrms cluster task.
The quickest ways to reach Jungle strykewyrms are by using the South Feldip Hills Teleport spell, a ring of duelling's Warforge teleport option, the Warforge option from the archaeological map at the Archaeology Guild, the Mask of the Green Wyrm teleport option, the Oo'glog lodestone, or using a Spirit Tree to get to the South Feldip Hills.
Locations[edit | edit source]
|Southwest of Feldip Hills||93||11||Maplink|
Attacks[edit | edit source]
Jungle strykewyrms have three attack types:
- A fairly weak and inaccurate melee attack which can hit diagonally.
- A fairly weak magic attack that looks like a large purple ball which explodes upon impact.
- A special attack when the wyrm tunnels down into the ground and then bursts out beneath the spot where the player was standing with tremendous force, hitting 900s. This attack can be avoided by running away. (This attack can be prevented by standing with your back or side to an obstacle, such as rocks. This is highly recommended.)
It is highly recommended to bring antipoison unless you are high level with access to the Soul Split curse or other self healing. If As a First Resort has been completed, the thermal bath at Oo'glog, a short distance away, will provide a 10 minute anti-poison effect.
Healing on site[edit | edit source]
There are lobster, tuna/swordfish, shark and big net fishing spots along the coastline, near the strykewyrms. Jungle vegetation can also be cut nearby. Since the tool belt update, the player has access to an unlimited food supply by utilising this. Alternatively to fire, a bunyip familiar and swallow whole scrolls make for a good healing strategy. The wyrms also drop a modest amount of food, which combined with Soul Split, Vampyrism aura or scrimshaws, or healing weapons and armour can be sufficient.
Weaknesses[edit | edit source]
Jungle strykewyrms are weak against stab attacks. They are also immune to poison (as shown by Monster Examine), due to their venomous nature.
Once the strykewyrms spawn to the surface, whether after a special attack or an inspection, the wyrm will not attack for a few seconds. This gives you the opportunity to attack it without retaliation. When asked for tips, Slayer Masters note that they are inherently passive creatures, who become aggressive upon sensing the slayer's own ill intent.
As with all strykewyrms, the Jungle strykewyrm will only perform its tunnelling attack if the 3x3 square area around the attacking player is free from obstructions. As the jungle area is littered with rocks and trees, players are likely to be able to move into a position where they can attack without fear of such a retaliation. If abilities are used properly, it is rare that they will have a chance to tunnel. This attack is easily dodged by moving out of the area immediately around the player when the strykewyrm begins to tunnel.
Since they attack with melee most of the time, melee armour is suggested for killing them. Using attack and strength potions can increase your stay times and make the tasks and kill go faster, eliminating extra damage that may occur from slower kills. There is no need to bring super defence potions because they drop them quite frequently.
Drops[edit | edit source]
Charms[edit | edit source]
|Represents a 90% confidence range based on a sample of 39,874 kills.|
1 item is dropped at a time.
Main drop[edit | edit source]
|Item||Quantity||Rarity||GE Price||High Alch|
|Cosmic talisman (m)||1||Rare||1,001||2|
|Nature talisman (m)||1||Rare||2,076||2|
|Grimy cadantine (m)||1–4 (noted)||Uncommon||5,605-22,420||0|
|Grimy guam||1–4 (noted)||Uncommon||689-2,756||18-72|
|Grimy marrentill (m)||1–4 (noted)||Uncommon||8,981-35,924||0|
|Grimy tarromin||1–4 (noted)||Uncommon||200-800||0|
|Grimy irit (m)||1–4 (noted)||Uncommon||2,885-11,540||0|
|Grimy harralander (m)||1–4 (noted)||Uncommon||1,441-5,764||0|
|Grimy dwarf weed (m)||1–4 (noted)||Uncommon||14,455-57,820||0|
|Grimy avantoe (m)||1–4 (noted)||Rare||1,081-4,324||0|
|Grimy lantadyme (m)||1–4 (noted)||Rare||8,175-32,700||0|
|Grimy ranarr (m)||1–4 (noted)||Rare||4,902-19,608||0|
|Grimy kwuarm (m)||1–4 (noted)||Rare||14,944-59,776||0|
|Toadflax seed (m)||1||Common[d 1]||1,472||20|
|Limpwurt seed (m)||1||Common[d 1]||4,620||7|
|Marrentill seed (m)||1||Uncommon[d 1]||466||3|
|Tarromin seed (m)||1||Uncommon[d 1]||299||4|
|Whiteberry seed (m)||1||Uncommon[d 1]||413||79|
|Watermelon seed (m)||1||Uncommon[d 1]||808||33|
|Harralander seed (m)||1||Uncommon[d 1]||361||7|
|Irit seed (m)||1||Uncommon[d 1]||814||38|
|Cadantine seed (m)||1||Uncommon[d 1]||1,455||38|
|Wildblood seed (m)||1||Uncommon[d 1]||333||8|
|Bittercap mushroom spore (m)||1||Uncommon[d 1]||1,379||51|
|Cactus seed (m)||1||Uncommon[d 1]||600||59|
|Poison ivy seed (m)||1||Uncommon[d 1]||340||99|
|Jangerberry seed (m)||1||Rare[d 1]||314||36|
|Ranarr seed (m)||1||Rare[d 1]||1,831||11|
|Spirit weed seed (m)||1||Rare[d 1]||33,019||10|
|Strawberry seed (m)||1||Rare[d 1]||387||10|
|Kwuarm seed (m)||1||Rare[d 1]||18,968||38|
|Dwarf weed seed (m)||1||Rare[d 1]||5,673||38|
|Avantoe seed (m)||1||Rare[d 1]||531||38|
|Maple seed (m)||1||Rare[d 1]||3,964||28|
|Yew seed (m)||1||Very rare[d 1]||3,600||85|
|Lantadyme seed (m)||1||Very rare[d 1]||362||38|
|Tiny bladed adamant salvage||1–2||Uncommon||2,914-5,828||2,000-4,000|
|Medium bladed mithril salvage||1||Uncommon||4,648||1,800|
|Papaya fruit (m)||3–18 (noted)||Uncommon||20,562-123,372||114-684|
|Super defence (1) (m)||1||Common||2,545||79|
|Mithril stone spirit||2; 5–10||Uncommon||178-890||Not alchemisable|
|Teak logs||20; 40 (noted)||Uncommon[d 2]||3,040-6,080||360-720|
Tertiary drops[edit | edit source]
|Item||Quantity||Rarity||GE Price||High Alch|
|Spirit sapphire (m)||1||5/2000||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Spirit emerald (m)||1||3/2000||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Spirit ruby (m)||1||2/2000||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Starved ancient effigy (m)||1||Very rare||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Sealed clue scroll (hard) (m)||1||10/1280||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Sealed clue scroll (elite) (m)||1||3/1280[d 1]||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Court summons (m)||1||Very rare||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
Rare drop table[edit | edit source]
- This monster has access to the rare drop table.
Luck-enhancing items are not required to access the table, but they will increase the chance of accessing the rare drop table and may also improve the loot received from it.
|Rare drop table:|
Universal drops[edit | edit source]
- Universal drops are dropped by nearly every monster outside of Daemonheim.
- These items are dropped alongside main drops.
|Item||Quantity||Rarity||GE Price||High Alch|
|Key token||1||Rare||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Mimic kill token (m)||1||Very rare||23,646||Not alchemisable|
Achievement[edit | edit source]
- Let it go, Legio ( 0) – Obtained a collection of unique drops from Slayer monsters located within Feldip Hills.
- Hexcrest drop
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 10 September 2018 (Update):
- The Jungle Strykewyrms information in the Slayer Creature kills tab will no longer be out of the alphabetical order.
- ninja 1 August 2016 (Update):
- Jungle Strykewyrms now have 8,500 lifepoints (up from 6,000), a max hit of 643 (up from 268) and greater accuracy.
- Players can now investigate Strykewyrm mounds from a distance, allowing players to stomp a mound when using ranged and magic combat styles.
- The delay in switching from mound to Strykewyrm has been reduced.
- patch 24 October 2012 (Update):
- Players can no longer stand underneath a strykewyrm for so long before it decides to knock the player back.
- patch 7 September 2010 (Update):
- Strikewyrms would not perform their special attack if they thought you had a pet cat.
- patch 25 May 2010 (Update):
- Strykewyrms can still be damaged even if you've recently been in combat with ogres.
- patch 3 March 2010 (Update):
- Strykewyrms can no longer lose focus on the player they were attacking.
- patch 22 February 2010 (Update):
- Moved a strykewyrm further away from a tree.
- Corrected the jungle strykewyrm hint info from Kuradal.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Jungle strykewyrms, along with the other strykewyrms, were the first monsters in RuneScape that made use of particle effects.
- The release of strykewyrms was hinted at by the Chaos Elemental in the Postbag a few weeks earlier and by the Twitter Clue "Three strykes and they're out" which is a pun on the baseball term Three strikes and you're out!. The Twitter Clue was also posted on Facebook.
- As of 1 February 2018, the highest kill count for this monster was 33,614 kills.
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ Mod Shauny. Top 10 killers per Slayer Creature. Reddit. 2 February 2018. (Archived from the original on 28 February 2020.) Mod Shauny: "Here are the top 10 kills for each Slayer creature in RuneScape, be aware that we've not listed display names for privacy purposes however if you wish to brag about one number being yours then we won't stop you!"
- ^ Mod Shauny. Top Slayer Killers - 6th May 2018. Reddit. 6 May 2018. (Archived from the original on 28 February 2020.) Mod Shauny: "Here are the top 10 kills for each Slayer creature in RuneScape, be aware that we've not listed display names for privacy purposes however if you wish to brag about one number being yours then we won't stop you!"
|Fremennik Slayer Dungeon|
|Lumbridge Swamp Caves|
|Poison Waste Slayer Dungeon|
|Dorgesh-Kaan South Dungeon|
|Pollnivneach Slayer Dungeon|
|God Wars Dungeon|
|Taverley Slayer Dungeon|
|Monastery of Ascension|
|Sophanem Slayer Dungeon|