|Jungle Potion (#39)|
|Release date||23 October 2002 (Update)|
|Quest create ID||66|
Jungle Potion is a short quest that takes place on Karamja. It involves gathering a handful of different herbs for Trufitus Shakaya, in order for him to perform a ritual to communicate with the island's gods.
Official description[edit | edit source]
Trufitus Shakaya of the Tai Bwo Wannai Village requires that you collect five special jungle herbs for a potion so he can commune with his gods.
Overview[edit | edit source]
|Start point||Speak to Trufitus near Tai Bwo Wannai. Show on map|
|Member requirement||Members only|
|Items required||Items from the tool belt are not listed unless they do not work or are not automatically added.
|Enemies to defeat|
Communing[edit | edit source]
Talk to Trufitus Shakaya at the house which is northeast from the Tai Bwo Wannai Village (south-east of the Karamja lodestone). When you ask him about the absence of people in the village, he tells you that he is equally baffled. He, however, needs to talk to the gods regarding the matter and needs a potion to perform the ritual.
As he is old and frail, he asks you to gather the ingredients required to create the commune potion. The herbs he needs are, in this order:
- Snake weed
- Sito foil
- Volencia moss
- Rogue's purse
You must go back to him after obtaining each herb. Before Trufitus has told you what needs to be collected, you will not be able to collect any of the ingredients.
Snake weed[edit | edit source]
- First, he will tell you to collect snake weed.
- The snake weed can be found by searching a marshy jungle vine within the marsh on the shore located south-west of Tai Bwo Wannai. It may take over a minute to find the herb, but once you click search it would always be eventually successful. Clean it.
- Return to Trufitus and give him the clean snake weed.
Ardrigal[edit | edit source]
- Trufitus will tell you to find ardrigal.
- Go north east from Trufitus, past the cliffs there is a small peninsula extending to the north. You will come to some palm trees with Harpie Bug Swarms, which are level 63 and aggressive, although only one attacks at a time and they don't hit very hard.
- Search the palm trees to find a herb and clean it.
- Return to Trufitus and give him the clean ardrigal.
Sito foil[edit | edit source]
- Trufitus will tell you to find sito foil.
- The herb is found by the fire remains outside the boundary of Tai Bwo Wannai Village, directly south of the middle house. Search the scorched earth there. This will look like dirt on the floor next to the fires. Search the ground for the herb then clean it.
- Go back to Trufitus and give him the clean sito foil.
Volencia moss[edit | edit source]
- Trufitus will tell you to find Volencia moss.
- Go south-east from Trufitus until you reach the Tai Bwo Wannai mine.
- Search any of the rocks with green patches in the mine to find the herb. Clean it.
- Return to Trufitus and give him the clean volencia moss.
Rogue's purse[edit | edit source]
Armour and food or the Protect from Melee prayer is highly recommended for low level players.
- Trufitus will tell you to find rogue's purse. You cannot use rogue's purse from the Shades of Mort'ton quest, from the Grand Exchange, or as drops from the jogres in the cave or the wandering warriors. It must be from the walls. The walls will not yield unless you are given the task to fetch it.
- The herb is in the Pothole Dungeon. The dungeon's entrance is found to the north along the coast, slightly west of the harpie bug swarms, which you must pass by. Search the rocks there and enter the cave. Beware of the aggressive jogres that inhabit the dungeon!
- Search a wall with green spots (Fungus covered Cavern wall) to find the herb. They are marked on the minimap as short red sections on the walls. However, a few of them are blocked by fungus on the ground and cannot be reached. This may take some time. Clean the herb.
- To exit the dungeon, climb up the rocks where you entered. It may also be quicker to use the Karamja lodestone and walk south-east.
- Return to Trufitus, give him the herb, and claim your reward!
Reward[edit | edit source]
- 1 quest point
- Herblore XP lamp awarding 775 experience
- Access to Tai Bwo Wannai Cleanup minigame — players may cut teak and mahogany trees within both light and dense jungles.
- Access to use Rionasta for Parcel Sending
- Access to a gardener for calquat trees.
- 2 Treasure Hunter keys (Ironman accounts will not receive these)
- Music unlocked
- Jungle Community
- Jungly1 (If you went to Cairn Isle to gather the snake weed)
- Jungle Troubles
- Tribal Background
Achievements[edit | edit source]
- Jungle Potion ( 0) – Complete this quest.
- Karamja achievements
Required for completing[edit | edit source]
Jungle Potion is directly required for the following quests/miniquests:
- 'Phite Club
- A Clockwork Syringe
- Alpha vs Omega
- As a First Resort
- Azzanadra's Quest
- Back to my Roots
- Battle of the Monolith
- Birthright of the Dwarves
- Blood Runs Deep
- Cabin Fever
- Children of Mah
- City of Senntisten
- Crocodile Tears
- Full comprehension of Curse of the Black Stone
- Dealing with Scabaras
- Desperate Creatures
- Desperate Measures
- Full comprehension of Desperate Times
- Dishonour among Thieves
- Do No Evil
- Dream Mentor
- Full comprehension of Evil Dave's Big Day Out
- Eye of Het I
- Eye of Het II
- Fate of the Gods
- Full completion of Glorious Memories
- Full comprehension of Heart of Stone
- Hero's Welcome
- In Memory of the Myreque (miniquest)
- Kindred Spirits
- King of the Dwarves
- King's Ransom
- Koschei's Troubles (miniquest)
- Legends' Quest
- Love Story
- Lunar Diplomacy
- Mahjarrat Memories (miniquest)
- Full comprehension of Missing, Presumed Death
- Full comprehension of Nadir (saga)
- Nomad's Elegy
- Nomad's Requiem
- Once Upon a Time in Gielinor: Finale
- Full comprehension of Once Upon a Time in Gielinor: Fortunes
- One Foot in the Grave (miniquest)
- One of a Kind
- One Small Favour
- Our Man in the North
- Pieces of Hate
- Rag and Bone Man/Wish list
- Rebuilding Edgeville (miniquest)
- Recipe for Disaster
- Recipe for Disaster: Defeating the Culinaromancer
- Recipe for Disaster: Freeing Sir Amik Varze
- Remains of the Necrolord
- Ritual of the Mahjarrat
- River of Blood
- Rocking Out
- Rum Deal
- Sins of the Father
- Sliske's Endgame
- Swan Song
- Tales of Nomad (miniquest)
- The Branches of Darkmeyer
- The Great Brain Robbery
- The Light Within
- The Lord of Vampyrium
- The Lost Toys (miniquest)
- The Mighty Fall
- Full completion of The World Wakes
- Full comprehension of The World Wakes
- Twilight of the Gods
- While Guthix Sleeps
Transcript[edit | edit source]
Cultural references[edit | edit source]
- Upon the completion of this quest, one's Adventurer's Log will read: "Using my extensive knowledge of Herblore, I managed to put together the potion that Trufitus required. Hubble, bubble, toil and trouble!" This is a reference to Act 4 of Macbeth.
Credits[edit | edit source]
|Quest Help||Andrew H|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 18 April 2017 (Update):
- Added a quest accept screen to Jungle Potion.
- Jungle Potion no longer requires the Druidic Ritual quest to be completed, only level 3 Herblore.
- Jungle Potion's Herblore XP reward has been converted to an XP lamp.
- Added blue box highlighting and tidied up the quest journal, dialogue and interactions of Jungle Potion.
- patch 22 April 2014 (Update):
- A grammatical error in the Jungle Potion quest guide has been resolved.
- patch 11 December 2012 (Update):
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- When you enter the cave to obtain the Rogue's Purse, you can see the Brimhaven Agility Arena to the west.
- After completing the quest, if you talk to Juna, your character will say, "...And once I had gathered all the herbs, Trufitus Shakaya was able to commune with his gods."