Juju hunter potion
|Juju hunter potion (1)|
|Release||24 November 2010 (Update)|
|1 dose of juju hunter potion.|
|Exchange||2,992 coins (info)|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
Unlike other potions this potion cannot be consumed by drinking it, instead it is used on a vine blossom plant, to attract cannibal, aquatic, camouflaged, draconic and god jadinkos (Guthix, Saradomin and Zamorak). Each dose lasts 10 minutes, and a warning message will appear one minute before the timer runs out. Up to three doses can be applied to the vine blossom at once, stacking to a maximum of 30 minutes. Neither picking the flower nor logging out will end the effects of the potion. The arctic trapper outfit, jungle trapper outfit, desert trapper outfit and volcanic trapper outfit will automatically apply the potion while worn. When used on Anachronia the potion is not location dependent. Using it on any of the blossoms on Anachronia will grant the ability to catch any of the Jadinkos on the island, regardless of type or location.
When adding the juju hunter potion to a vine blossom, make sure it's a dry vine blossom. Adding it to a recently watered vine blossom (it has a wet appearance) dilutes out the effect of the juju hunter potion. In this case, the juju hunter potion will be ineffective at attracting jadinkos until the vine blossom dries, and you will lose the juju hunter potion's time while it was ineffective. Likewise, a similar problem arises when watering a vine blossom with juju hunter potion already applied to it.
The potion can be stored by the tool leprechaun in the Herblore Habitat farming area. However, only a maximum of 30 potions can be stored, and they must all be 3-dose potions.
This potion can be made into a juju hunter flask by using at least six doses of it with a potion flask. It can be also made into a perfect juju smithing potion by adding harmony moss to a 3-dose juju hunter potion.
Price per dose
|Item||GE price||Price per dose||Price per dose|
(Excluding vial / flask)
|Juju hunter potion (1)||2,992||2,992||2,991|
|Juju hunter potion (2)||5,461||2,731||2,730|
|Juju hunter potion (3)||12,795||4,265||4,265|
|Juju hunter potion (4)||22,210||5,553||5,552|
|Juju hunter flask (6)||36,648||6,108||4,478|
|Erzille potion (unf)||1||207||207|
To make the Juju hunter potions without full understanding of all of the complexities of Herblore Habitat, follow this guide. This requires 58 Farming, 78 Hunter, 54 Herblore, and either 56 Construction or 56,000 coins.
- Bring a hatchet, a Banana sapling, and around 1,000 coins to Herblore Habitat, plus an additional 56,000 if you do not have 56 Construction. This can be assisted and the payment avoided.
- From Papa Mambo located in the northern section of the area, purchase any colour (red, green, blue) vine blossom seed and 3-4 Marasamaw plant traps. Papa Mambo sells up to two Erzille seeds each day. If buying these seeds from him, you may skip the following two steps.
- Plant the vine flower seed in the flower patch located in the centre section of the area. This will cause common jadinkos to spawn in the northern area.
- Trap common jadinkos with the Marasamaw plant traps until you have obtained Erzille seeds. As these drops are random you may have to trap more than 500 of them, be prepared.
- Once obtained, plant the Erzille seed in the herb patch (a second herb patch is available to the east by crossing the large vine hanging over the water), then plant the banana sapling in the tree patch, and construct a Boneyard in the construction spot. This will cause diseased jadinkos to be drawn to the southern area of the activity. These are caught with a noose wand after tracking them. Each one captured will give the player a Corrupt vine.
The Erzille herbs will grow in the normal amount of herb growth time (~70 minutes). The camps are accessed by climbing over a large vine that separates them from each other.
- patch 8 July 2019 (Update):
- Juju hunter potions can now stack up to 30 minutes, or 36 minutes with incense sticks.
- You are now warned when adding a dose of Juju Hunter Potion when you are already close to the time limit allowed.
- ninja 16 February 2015 (Update):
- Juju hunter and plant cure vials can now also be thrown away when empty, if the 'throw away vials' option is toggled on via Bob Barter.
- Previously, a player who attempted to drink the juju hunter potion would receive the following message: You decide that only plants are likely to enjoy the taste of this potion. After an update, the "drink" option was removed.
- Like all other juju potions, this potion was made tradeable in an update on 10 November 2014.
|Perfect juju potions|
|Witchdoctor camouflage gear|