Juju farming potion
|Juju farming potion (1)|
|Release||24 November 2010 (Update)|
|Backpack||Drink, Empty, Drop|
|1 dose of juju farming potion.|
|Exchange||9,345 coins (info)|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
A juju farming potion is a potion made from ingredients obtained from the Herblore Habitat. It requires level 64 Herblore to make, and levels 70 Farming and 74 Hunter to gather the necessary ingredients. It gives a one in three chance of picking twice the amount of herbs from a herb patch for six minutes (no experience is given for the extra herbs). If there is no inventory space available for the second herb, it will be dropped on the ground. This potion also works on the Herblore Habitat herb patches.
Making this potion requires a clean ugune and a marble vine (obtained from Igneous jadinkos) and grants 146 Herblore experience.
Perfect juju farming potions, which give a 5% chance of obtaining harmony moss when harvesting herbs from herb patches, and a 25% chance of obtaining double the amount of harmony moss from a harmony pillar, can be made via the addition of harmony moss to a 3-dose vial of juju farming potion.
This juju potion can be stored by the tool leprechaun found in the Herblore Habitat. In order to do so, the potion must consist of 3 doses, otherwise it cannot be stored. The maximum amount of potions of one type that can be stored is 30.
When there is 15 seconds left for the potion, a message will warn the player unless game messages have been turned off. Logging out will not end the effects of the potion.
By starting at the Trollheim patch, a single dose can be in effect for all eight herb patch locations depending on travel methods. It is also possible to include the two Herblore Habitat vine herb patches by starting a herb run at the Trollheim farming patch. It is recommended to harvest one's original herb plants and only replant the patches that require teleport runes, such as the Trollheim patch. This will save crucial time when farming the last vine herbs (especially Ugune) on the island east of Herblore Habitat. Though, depending on the amount of herb seeds used, and the speed at which the player navigates between herb patches, one dose can last long enough to harvest and replant the herb.
The following provides an example of how the player can navigate between herb patches:
- Start at the Trollheim patch using a Trollheim farm teleport or Trollheim teleport (and run up the stronghold)
- Ardougne patch (with Ardougne Cape 2-4's Manor farm Teleport, Ardougne lodestone, or Master farmers hat)
- Falador patch (with an Explorer's Ring 3 or 4 or lunar teleport)
- Morytania patch (with the Ectophial, Modified farmer's hat, or Master farmers hat)
- Catherby patch (via Catherby lodestone or lunar teleport)
- Garden of Kharid patch (via mystical sand seed or ring of duelling)
- Prifddinas herb patch in the Crwys district (via crystal teleport seed, Clan Vexillum, or Prifddinas lodestone)
- Optional: Herblore Habitat herb patches (via Juju teleport bag, Witchdoctor mask, or Master farmers hat
- Wilderness herb patch (via any Wilderness sword)
Players who have a plentiful supply of Ugune seeds will find it more convenient to simply budget two doses of potion per farming run for a much more relaxing experience needing only one visit to each herb patch; and players with access to the Trollheim herb patch teleport can reliably farm all 8 herb patches on a single dose anyway.
For instructions on how to obtain the ingredients and make this potion without fully understanding the complexities of Herblore Habitat, a guide is provided here.
Price per dose[edit | edit source]
|Item||GE price||Price per dose||Price per dose|
(Excluding vial / flask)
|Juju farming potion (1)||9,345||9,345||9,343|
|Juju farming potion (2)||18,789||9,395||9,394|
|Juju farming potion (3)||25,417||8,472||8,472|
|Juju farming potion (4)||36,913||9,228||9,228|
|Juju farming flask (6)||82,250||13,708||11,265|
Creation[edit | edit source]
|146 XP||-||2 (1.2s) / 1 (0.6s) [r 1]||25,417|
|Ugune potion (unf)||1||13,127||13,127|
- ^ When mixing a single potion
Effect[edit | edit source]
The Juju farming potion increases the harvest by an average of 33% as there is a 1 in 3 chance of harvesting an additional herb each time a herb is harvested.
For example, if a harvest would have otherwise produced 9 herbs, with the effect of the Juju potion, on average an additional 3 herbs are obtained, increasing the harvest to 12. If the average harvest is 7 without the farming potion, then with the average will increase to 9.31. The extra herbs received from the use of the potion are pure profit. As a precaution consider verifying the herbs before drinking the potion to ensure all are fully grown and healthy.
Obtaining[edit | edit source]
The potion can either be bought on the Grand Exchange or created with materials found in Herblore Habitat. To make the Juju farming potions without full of understanding all of the complexities of Herblore Habitat, follow this guide:
- Requires 70 Farming, 74 Hunter, 64 Herblore, and either 59 Construction or 59,000 coins.
The goal is to obtain Grimy ugune and Marble vines for the potion.
- Bring a hatchet, Orange sapling, and around 11,000 coins to Herblore Habitat, plus 59,000 coins if you do not have 59 Construction. This can be assisted and the payment avoided.
- From Papa Mambo located in the northern section of the area, purchase a blue blossom seed, some Ugune seed and 3-4 Marasamaw plant traps.
- Plant the blue blossom seed in the vine flower patch located in the centre section of the area. This will cause common jadinkos to spawn in the northern area.
- Trap common jadinkos with the Marasamaw plant traps until you have obtained Lergberry seeds. As these drops are random you may have to trap quite a few of them, be prepared. Alternatively you can gain Favour points in the Jadinko Lair through cutting and burning jade vines or killing mutated jadinkos, and exchange them for seeds at the Offering Stone.
- Plant your Ugune seeds in the vine herb patch (a second herb patch is available to the east by crossing the large vine hanging over the water), plant the orange sapling in the tree patch, the Lergberry seed in the bush patch, and construct a Thermal vent in the construction spot. This will cause Igneous jadinkos to spawn in the southern part of the activity area. Trap these with your Marasamaw plant traps. Each one captured will give the player a Marble vine.
The Ugune herbs will grow in the normal amount of herb growth time (~80 minutes). The camps are accessed by climbing over a large vine that separates them from each other.
Products[edit | edit source]
|Perfect juju farming potion (3)|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 8 October 2013 (Update):
- The message about Saradomin's Blessing when using juju farming potions has been removed.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Like all other juju potions, this potion was made tradeable in an update on 10 November 2014.
|Witchdoctor camouflage gear|