|Release||17 May 2005 (Update)|
|doc • Talk page|
Jiggig is a former ogre ritual site, located south of Castle Wars. Its primary known uses were to house the corpses of ogre ancestors and to serve as a site for ceremonial dancing. Due to the suspicious activities of a renegade wizard leading up to the events shown in the Zogre Flesh Eaters quest, some of the ogre corpses have been raised as undead zogres and skogres. Ogre guards have installed barricades around Jiggig to stop these undead ogres from escaping. Jiggig can only be entered during and after the Zogre Flesh Eaters quest.
Getting There[edit | edit source]
- Ring of duelling teleport to Castle Wars. Run south, out of the Castle Wars lobby, to Jiggig
- Fairy ring code ALP leads to a cave near Jiggig. Exit the cave and run north. Requires completion of A Fairy Tale III - Battle at Ork's Rift.
Location[edit | edit source]
Ground level[edit | edit source]
The entrance to Jiggig is guarded by several Ogres. Uglug Nar is a shaman who will sell the player supplies useful for fighting in Jiggig, although many of his items are not in stock by default. Grish is another shaman who starts the Zogre Flesh Eaters quest. Pilg and Grug are wounded ogres who have been injured while fending off the undead ogres. There are also two uninjured ogre guards. The first guards the barricade which blocks the way into Jiggig itself, and will let the player in during the Zogre Flesh Eaters quest. The second guards the only three ogre coffins that are outside the barricade, and will throw the player into Jiggig if they fail to steal from the coffins.
After climbing over the barricade, players will see the reason that Jiggig has its name. There are zogres and skogres playing drums and dancing. Past this area is a cave that contains stairs down to the main part of Jiggig. Once players have passed the barricade, burying any zogre bones may cause a skogre to appear and attack, even if the player has a high enough combat level that the others are no longer aggressive.
Middle level[edit | edit source]
The Jiggig caves are a large area swarming with zogres and skogres. The main points of interest during the Zogre Flesh Eaters quest are the broken lectern and skeleton in the north-west corner, and the entrance to the level below to the west. The locked doors can only be opened during the Zogre Flesh Eaters quest, using the 'ogre gate key' given to the player by Grish.
Bottom level[edit | edit source]
This area is only accessible during the Zogre Flesh Eaters quest and it is here that the player will find Slash Bash.
Monsters[edit | edit source]
Personalities[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
A small cave with herbs and General Shredflesh
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 11 January 2021 (Update):
- The Mining animation is no longer continuous when clearing rocks in Shredflesh's Cave.
- patch 13 August 2013 (Update):
- Bloom no longer causes the Jiggig basement to appear black and white.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Raurg, fayrg and ourg bones may all be found in the zogre coffins, indicating that those creatures may have been the ancestors of modern-day ogres in some way.
- Prior to the Evolution of Combat, undead ogres could infect the player with disease when engaged in close-range combat.