The Javelin is a type of ranged weapon. With the lone exception of sagaies, javelins cannot be smithed or fletched, and can only be bought from the Ranging Guild and from the Pest Control activity archery shop. Certain monsters drop different types of javelins, however, the javelin drops are usually not very common. The attack range of javelins is 5 spaces.
Javelins were once purely members content, but were made available to non-members on the release of the Evolution of Combat.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- patch 4 December 2017 (Update):
- Javelins (from bronze to rune) are now dropped on free worlds.
- patch 3 July 2013 (Update):
- Players can now use a dragon keepsake key with two-handed crossbows, pickaxes, javelins, throwing darts, axes and knives, and chinchompas.
- Javelins are no longer marked as members-only in the Ranged Skill Advance Guide.