Strategies for Ironman Mode
Introduction[edit | edit source]
As an Ironman, the Grand Exchange cannot be used, and trading between players is strictly limited. All supplies and equipment must therefore be obtained from their original sources, through bossing, gathering skills, and other limited ways. Coins are still needed for many exchanges within Ironman such as for paying instance fees, Managing Miscellania, and buying spirit shards for summoning. High Level Alchemy is a very useful spell to unlock early for easier access to coins. Runecrafting level of 44 is also useful to create the nature runes required for high level alchemy. Although high level alchemy can be used to produce coins, some items are not worth alchemizing and can be sold to general stores.
While coins can be valuable to strive for, quests play a big part in the early game, as many experience rewards allow players to skip multiple levels at once. In addition, quests are needed to unlock exclusive content, such as bosses or skilling methods. A good example for woodcutting would be the Dragon hatchet from the Dagannoth Kings and the Inferno adze from All Fired Up, the only two level 61 hatchets in the game.
Useful starter quests[edit | edit source]
|The Knight's Sword||12,725 Smithing experience.|
|Fight Arena||12,175 Attack and 2,175 Thieving experience.|
|The Fremennik Trials||Allows creation of skeletal, rock-shell, and spined armour.|
|Jack of Spades||Access to Menaphos, mainly important early for Corrupted Scarabs.|
|In Search of the Myreque / In Aid of the Myreque||Unlocks Temple Trekking for skilling supplies.|
|Temple of Ikov||10,500 Ranged and 8,000 Fletching experience.|
|Waterfall Quest||13,750 Attack experience, 13,750 Strength experience, two diamonds, and two gold bars.|
|Witch's House||6,325 Constitution experience.|
|Evil Dave's Big Day Out||50,000 Magic experience, 20,000 Herblore experience, 20,000 Agility experience, and 20,000 Cooking experience|
Milestone quests[edit | edit source]
Players with a total of 150 quest points can unlock a free set of tier 75 hybrid armour as well as a tier 75 hybrid weapon from May's Quest Caravan, next to the Varrock lodestone.
|Beneath Cursed Tides||Unlock access to the Giant Oyster monthly Distraction and Diversion.|
|The Branches of Darkmeyer||Unlock tier 70 non-degradable weapons.|
|Deadliest Catch||Unlocks deposit chests used for gathering supplies while skilling.|
|King's Ransom||Unlocks Piety prayers and equivalent variants.|
|Lunar Diplomacy||Lunar equipment, Lunar spellbook|
|Plague's End||Access to Prifddinas.|
|River of Blood||Unlocks an augmentable sunspear.|
|Royal Trouble||Unlocks Managing Miscellenia for skilling supplies.|
|Sliske's Endgame||1,250,000 experience in skill(s) level 85 and above, and a set of skilling items.|
|The Temple at Senntisten||Unlocks Ancient Curses.|
|The World Wakes||A plethora of rewards, including Sunshine, 8 experience lamps, and additional experience rewards, with more rewards if all the recommended quests are completed.|
Milestone items (no quest requirements)[edit | edit source]
|Nature talisman||Allows crafting of Nature runes, especially useful for casting the High Level Alchemy spell.|
|Ring of life, Sign of life||Reduces the chance of death, extremely important for Hardcore Ironmen.|
|Bonecrusher, Twisted bird skull necklace||Awards free Prayer experience while killing monsters that drop bones, and allows use of prayers in combat without using prayer potions.|
|Dragon hatchet||Requires killing Dagannoth rex to obtain, and greatly speeds up levelling Woodcutting.|
|Dragon mattock||Dropped by dinosaurs in Big Game Hunter. Players that wish to create a Mattock of Time and Space will need to get two dragon mattocks.|
|Scroll of cleansing||Helps to save valuable herbs and secondary ingredients when making potions.|
|Charming imp||Makes charm collecting much easier.|
|Greater runic staff||Non-degradable tier 75 staff, earned through Runespan.|
|Chaotic equipment (staff recommended)||Degradable tier 80 weaponry, cost Dungeoneering tokens to obtain, and require level 80 Dungeoneering to use.|
|Guthix staff||Tier 60 staff obtained from the Mage arena minigame. This staff is extremely popular due to its powerful special attack 'Claws of Guthix', which lowers target's defence by 5% and increases the target's affinity by 2.|
|Saradomin godsword (passive)||Non-degradable tier 75 sword, created by combining a Saradomin hilt with a godsword, and then using the sword on Zilyana's altar. The sword's special attack has a high chance to restore both life and prayer points, allowing for strong AFK potential and reducing the need for supplies.|
|Decimation||Tier 87 chargebow obtained from Slayer bounty. Has a powerful special attack and useful for getting into high level PVM.|
|Seedicide||Can be earned through Cabbage Facepunch Bonanza or bought with Thaler, or be bought from Farmers' Market. Consumes seed drops in exchange for Farming experience.|
|Spring cleaner||Made through Invention. Converts alchable drops from monsters into raw materials which are sent directly to the player's bank. As the raw materials are usually high level, the spring cleaner is primarily useful for players with high Smithing and Crafting levels.|
Useful early archaeology relics[edit | edit source]
Relic powers can be unlocked through the archaeology skill. These relics require levels 5-25 archaeology and are easily acquirable. They each provide a passive boost until changed or unharnessed. Up to three relics can be active at the same time.
|Font of Life||Increases life points by a flat 500. Good for early combat training, questing and other early game activities such as Corrupted Scarab slayer training and Soul obelisk for reputation.|
|Unexpected Diplomacy||This increases your Mazcab reputation from daily Nemi Forest and Trink's tasks. Helps to unlock raids re-rolls quicker, as well as gather more Menaphos reputation from Corrupted Scarabs and Soul obelisks to unlock the VIP skilling area and additional Menaphos quests.|
|Ring of Luck (relic power)||Grants the effect of T1 luck so you can wear a more useful ring, such as the Explorer's ring.|
Money making[edit | edit source]
Early money making[edit | edit source]
- The Magical Dice (T1) from May's Quest Caravan (unlocked by obtaining 25 quest points) will award the player 250,000 coins and a random easy Treasure Trails reward.
- Completing the Stronghold of Security and Stronghold of Player Safety for 10,000 coins each.
- Corrupted Scarabs in Menaphos offer great rewards with very few requirements. One needs only a decent supply of food appropriate for their Constitution level and completion of the Jack of Spades quest. Scarab swarms are fairly uncommon and brief, so using an active Friends chat is suggested, while also having something to do during downtime. Depending on luck and skill (see the 'Tips' section in the Corrupted Scarabs article), one can expect to make between 10,000 to 250,000 coins per swarm, alongside excellent reputation and Slayer experience rates.
- Corpse spiders (Level 4) can be killed in the Lumbridge Catacombs for their spider silk, which can be crafted into spider silk robe bottoms at level 23 Crafting and sold to a General store for 450 coins or high alched for 900 coins; alternatively, players can craft spider silk robe top at level 24 Crafting and sold to General stores for 600 coins or high alched for 1,200 coins.
- Giant frogs (Level 44) can be killed in the Lumbridge Swamp Caves for giant frog legs that can be sold to Hudo for 1,000 coins each in the Grand Tree at the Tree Gnome Stronghold. They also commonly drop nature runes.
- Pickpocketing the Gullible tourist in the southern part of the Port district of Menaphos gives 30 coins and 29.5 exp per pickpocket and has no Thieving requirement. Pickpocketing from her also occasionally rewards small Menaphite gift offerings, which always rewards between 26,000 and 74,800 coins and a plethora of other rewards.
- Mining Shooting Stars for the daily cap of 200 stardust, which can be turned in to the Star Sprite for 50,002 coins and a handful of other items.
Mid-level money making[edit | edit source]
- In F2P at 75 fletching, rune arrows can be produced in bulk and sold to general stores for 153 coins each. From scratch, 500,000+ coins per hour of labour can be obtained, counting time for: cutting oak/willow logs, mining runite and luminite, smelting runite bars, smithing rune arrowheads, and fletching: arrowshafts, headless arrows and rune arrows. Good levels in mining/smithing/woodcutting are needed to break the 500kgp/hr metric, and each step should be done in bulk to maximize efficiency.
- In F2P, blue dragons can be killed for their hides and some high-alch salvage (with a banker available just north of them). Tanning and crafting these hides into blue dragonhide bodies with 71 crafting (if the scroll of dexterity has been obtained) or blue dragonhide shields with 72 crafting (if the dexterity passive has not been obtained), then high-alching the products can yield 300-400k gp/hr depending on stats. However, doing this in F2P requires entering the Wilderness, and may not be suitable for Hardcore Ironmen.
- Safecracking is a great moneymaking method starting at 62 Thieving, especially if selling uncommon looted items for additional coins.
- Slayer contracts for both money and Slayer experience.
- Gargoyles drop many alchable items starting at level 75 Slayer.
- Aberrant spectres are a great source of both herbs, and items that can be high alched.
- Turoth are a fast slayer task, dropping adamant salvage that can be high alched, herbs, seeds, and uncut gems.
- Mountain trolls are a good source of Nature runes for high alching, along with seeds and occasional granite shields.
- Aquanites are a good, constant source of medium to high level seeds, herbs, Water battlestaves, and occasionally sirenic scales. Killing these with seedicide can be a very good source of Farming experience.
- Exiled kalphite guardians have a great blue charm drop rate, along with many alchables and herbs.
High-level money making[edit | edit source]
- The Shadow Reef, also known as ED3, is a great way to earn money and combat experience. This is an activity best done in a group of three. Baseline gear is generally Lunar armour and a Vanquish, but can be done with Mystic equipment and a Guthix staff with a good team. With starter gear, you can expect approximately 1-2m gp/hour (but can reach much higher with good luck) and 1-1.5m combat xp/hour. Bringing a luck boosting item, bonecrusher, demon horn necklace and charming imp is helpful. This is also a good source for invention components, alchables and blue charms. The best tactic for making profit is to kill mobs up to first boss barrier, leave and reset. Minibosses also provide 5k tokens upon death, Reef relics can be High alched for either 5k, 25k or 1m coins depending on their tier.
- Vyrelords are a great way to gain both experience and money. Up to 1m coins per hour can be achieved through their drops of coins and alchables. Killing Vyres are also useful for combat, Prayer, Firemaking, and Farming XP. See Killing vyrelords and vyreladies for more infomation.
- Killing 5 Spiritual warriors in player-owned dungeon is a great and AFK method for making money. Up to 5m coins per hour can be achieved through coins and alchable drops. An Advanced gold accumulator is extremely useful. See Killing spiritual warriors.
- Streaking Hard-Mode Arch-Glacor can yield huge amounts of raw coins, alchable salvage and battlestaves. Streaks longer than 100 kills have been known to produce up to 200 million coins worth of coins and alchable drops. Having one or two Alchemiser mk. IIs in the Invention Guild is recommended to keep up with the amount of alchables.
Food and potions[edit | edit source]
|Cake - Thieving stall south of Catherby bank.||Antipoison (3) - Jiminua's Jungle Store 10 stock.|
|Premade gnome food - Up to 1500 healing food from Gnome Waiter. 10 stock of each food.||Antipoison++ Dropped 40 at a time from Corporeal Beast.|
|- Cooked tuna and swordfish can be obtained from Managing Miscellania.||Super potion set (1) - Can be obtained from thieving Iorwerth and Cadarn clans in Prifddinas.|
|Desert sole, Catfish, and Beltfish - heal 1450, 1500, and 1650 respectively.||Super potion set (4) - Bought from Mazcab Emergency Merchants 1 x stock of each, restocking once every 2 minutes.|
|Cooked eeligator - 1875 healing food from Mazcab Emergency Merchants for 3750 coins each.||Super restore (4) and Summoning potion (4) - Mazcab Emergency Merchants 3 x stock of super restores, 1 stock of summoning potions. restocking one potion every 2 minutes.|
|Raw shark - 2000 healing food from Temple trekking 8-54 received (depending on reward token tier).||Saradomin brew - Dropped from Nex in a 30:10 or 10:30 ratio in conjunction with super restores. Queen Black Dragon and Mature grotworms drop (2) dose Saradomin brews. Araxxi drops up to 18 Saradomin brew flask a kill.|
|Tuna potato - Potato with butter from Rorarius, grow sweetcorn (seeds from Taverley Farming tutor), tuna from Managing Miscellania.||Overload flask - Can be obtained as a drop from Araxxi after the player has at least 90 herblore.|
|Rocktail - Dropped up to 10 at a time from Queen Black Dragon.|
|Sailfish - Swarm fishing is a great method to gain access to some of the best high level food available, including blue blubber jellyfish and sailfish.|
Dailies[edit | edit source]
These are the recommended dailies for an Ironman account:
- Daily Challenges Extended Herblore > Construction > Summoning > Farming > Smithing > Crafting.
- It is highly recommended to unlock the Jack of Trades aura. Use on Herblore > Summoning > Smithing > Agility.
- Edimmu resource dungeon - Requires 115 Dungeoneering and access to Prifddinas. Grants access to the Motherlode Maw and an additional source of crystal-flecked sandstone for crystal flasks.
- Nemi Forest - 9 different nodes granting experience in Mining, Farming, Prayer, and Dungeoneering. This has no starting requirements.
- Shooting Star - Collecting and redeeming 200 Stardust grants ability to over-cap red sandstone daily limit, Mining experience, 50,002 coins and some other useful supplies.
- Vis wax - using runes from shops and Barrows. Vis wax requires 50 Runecrafting to access.
- Wicked hood - Withdrawing up to 175 pure essence at Runecrafting altars and crafted for runes without banking. The Omni-talisman is required to withdraw pure essence (as opposed to rune essence). Obtaining the talisman requires completion of Mourning's End Part II, Legacy of Seergaze and The Jack of Spades quests. Soul talismans, however, are extremely rare from sarcophagi in Shifting Tombs.
- Rune shops - Buy runes for vis wax and teleportation/spells. Prioritise elemental runes and soul runes.
- Feathers - For training Fletching with broad arrowheads. 11,000 a day, costing 81,000.
- Buy broad arrowheads from Taverley slayer masters. Bandit Camp's Noterazzo, Turael/Spria and other Slayer Masters have separate shop stock. 9000 arrowheads a day, costing 450,000.
- Soul Reaper task - Requires 60 Combat. Very good Slayer experience at lower levels. Points needed for Hydrix jewellery.
- Potion flask and Crystal flask - Requires 81 Mining and 89 Crafting, completion of As a First Resort for potion flasks; crystal flasks require Plague's End and As a First Resort.
- Guthixian Cache for all Divination experience.
- Big Chinchompa for early Hunter experience and Grenwall quota tickets.
- Uncharted Isles - Travel to your claimed island for 3 supplies, complete up to 7 contracts. Woodcutting > Fletching > Fishing > Mining > Divination > Cooking.
- The Arc/Berries - Pick arc berries and replant berry bushes at Tuai Leit every two days for free berries, which can be sold for chimes.
- Captain's Log - Get started with Player-owned ports and send out ships for voyages as soon as you can. This will help unlock useful PVM scrimshaws and powerful dual wield weapons for magic and melee.
- Flax - Collect up to 30, 60, 120, or 200 free flax daily from Geoffrey upon completion of the corresponding Seers' Village achievements.
- Potato cactus - Collect up to 20, 30, or 40 free potato cactus daily from Weird Old Man upon completion of the medium, hard, or elite Desert tasks.
- Divine herb patch I - Requires 95 Dungeoneering and access to Prifddinas - Collecting herbs from these divine locations in the Gorajo resource dungeon yields useful herbs like harralander and marrentill that can be used to make Guthix rests, toadflax that can be used to make Saradomin brews and spirit weed that can be used to make summoning potions.
- Magic logs - Collect 28 yew, magic, or elder logs daily from Coeden.
- Travelling Merchant's Shop - Sells, on a daily basis, one uncharted island map and three other items useful to Ironmen, such as Slayer VIP tickets, D&D reset tokens and dragonkin lamps. See that page for current and upcoming stock.
Skills[edit | edit source]
Archaeology[edit | edit source]
Most of the normal guide will apply to Ironman as well. Ensure that you take advantage of the Pylon when it's active, as this will increase your chances of finding the elusive Inquisitor's Staff and Spear of Annihilation pieces, as well as experience buffs.
More information to come
Construction[edit | edit source]
Complete Throne of Miscellania and Royal Trouble as early as possible, putting 10 subjects into hardwood. Mahogany logs are more Construction XP per day, but cost a lot more. If money is not an issue, it is highly suggested to pick mahogany. Converting mahogany logs into planks costs 155,500 more than teaks, but grant 1,470 more experience. After 114 Invention, mahogany logs can be converted to planks at a very small cost of divine charges, making mahogany logs a very viable option for every Ironman that will get 114 Invention before 99 Construction.
At low levels, planks can be bought from Razmire General Store in Mort'ton, or made from logs at the Plank Maker next to the house portal in the north of Rimmington. By moving one's house to Rimmington and using the House Teleport spell, the Plank maker can be reached very quickly.
- Levels 1-5 Complete The Jack of Spades quest.
- Levels 5-16 Complete The Eyes of Glouphrie and The Darkness of Hallowvale quests.
- Levels 16-20 Complete Perils of Ice Mountain, Bringing Home the Bacon, and Tower of Life quests.
- Levels 20-22 Sculpt God statues or create oak chairs.
- Levels 22-33 Construct Oak dining tables.
- Levels 33-38 Construct Oak larders.
- Levels 38-63 Construct Teak tables.
- Levels 63-99 Construct Driftwood prawnbrokers.
- Levels 73-99 Construct Flotsam prawnbrokers.
Alternatively, Construction Contracts can be completed by players with 40+ Construction, awarding 10,000 base experience per contract in addition to the experience gained for the 5 furniture pieces built for the contract. This method is slower but more AFK, uses less Construction materials and costs less, greatly benefiting Ironmen. Using the most cost-effective method of teak planks, one can reasonably expect to achieve 250,000+ XP per hour at 60+ Construction. Contract Credits awarded for completing the contract can be used to buy a plank box that saves inventory space.
- Extend Construction daily challenges.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
- Levels 1-11 - Complete Murder Mystery.
- Levels 11-23/99 - Craft protoleather bodies from Protomastyx hide from the Smuggler in Dungeoneering. High alch charms and other drops for Rusty coins.
- Levels 11-75 - Mine uncut gems from gem rocks and cut them. Experience per hour scales with the mining level, but uncommon gem rocks provide the fastest rates of both gems and XP, and are therefore most popular. If gems are kept for e.g. porters or teleportation jewellery, a gem bag will come in handy. If you are dropping the gems after you cut them, you can cut the gems as you drop them to save time and boost your XP/h.
- Levels 75-99 - Play harps in Prifddinas during Ithell Voice of Seren.
Farming[edit | edit source]
- Levels 1-47 - Nemi Forest.
- Supercompost can be created from pineapples bought from Arhein's Store in Catherby, or picked from pineapple plants north of Karamja lodestone.
- Seeds for levels 1-17 can be obtained from Head Farmer Jones or Draynor Seed Market.
- Levels 1-5 - Grow Potatoes.
- Levels 5-7 - Grow Onions.
- Levels 7-12 - Grow Cabbages.
- Levels 12-17 - Grow Tomatoes.
- Levels 47-51 - Grow watermelons using seeds from Temple Trekking.
- Levels 51 - After completing Plague's End, you can purchase pineapple seedlings from Coeden in the Crwys district.
- Levels 75 - Grow magic trees from seeds that you get from high-end bosses.
- Level 74-99 - Alternatively, you can use Seedicide from Cabbage Facepunch Bonanza to destroy seed drops from monsters in return for double their planted experience (especially useful with Morchella mushroom spores and Snape grass seeds). Good monsters to use Seedicide on include Turoth, Aquanites, and Vyrewatch.
- Levels 17-99 - Player-owned farm.
- Levels 17-28 - Breed the rabbits you got from the Player-owned farm tutorial. Let them age to elder for 250 experience per rabbit and sell them to Myfi. The cheapest food for rabbits that can be bought in bulk are woad leafs from Wyson the gardener in Falador Park for 25 coins each.
- Levels 28, 35, 49 - Chickens, sheeps and cows can be bought from the Farmers' Market, raised to the elder stage and sold for a small profit to the buyers. Alternatively, grow them to adolescence and sell them for a higher profit.
- Levels 28-54 - Build both small pens if possible. Buy 12 chicken eggs from the Farmers' Market each day, grow them to elder for 15,000 experience and sell them to Henrietta.
- To reduce the time hunting for unchecked animals hire the farmhand Adam Antite for 5,000 beans as soon as possible. Send him off for 100 beans as often as you can afford.
- Levels 54-120 - Buy the abilities for animals to breed in every pen. Breed, grow and sell the best animals you have for each pen size.
Grow any herb seeds you get, prioritizing herbs used in overload potions. Players with 81 Archaeology may wish to activate the Pharm Ecology perk which guarantees that herb and mushroom patches will no longer die.
Fishing[edit | edit source]
Herblore[edit | edit source]
Invention[edit | edit source]
Prayer[edit | edit source]
- Levels 1-40 - can be obtained from The Nexus. It is recommended to do The Restless Ghost as early as possible.
- Levels 40-75 - Nemi Forest and monthly God Statues.
- Levels 75-99 - A combination of vyres, dragon bones (from Vindicta), airut bones (from Liberation of Mazcab), Hefin cleansing crystals and Hefin Agility Course during Hefin Voice of Seren, Nemi Forest and God Statues. Bones can be used on the altar in the Chaos Temple if the player does not have 75 Construction for a Gilded altar. However, some Ironmen choose to use the Ectofuntus instead because it awards the most experience per bone, and parts of the First age outfit can be bought with Ecto-tokens.
Mining[edit | edit source]
Mining and Smithing are best trained together, especially if both skills happen to be on the same level tier.
- Levels 1-99 can be achieved from the Shooting Star D&D, utilising urns to speed up the process. Grants up to 50,002 coins, 52 astral runes, 152 cosmic runes, and 20 gold stone spirits per day.
- Levels 1-10 - Mine Copper ore and Tin Ore from Burthorpe's mining cave, dumping ore at the furnace outside. Create a Bronze ore box to drastically increase ore per trip.
- Levels 10-20 - Mine Iron ore at the Lumbridge South-west mine, dumping ore at the Shattered Worlds Banker. Upgrade your ore box to Iron to drastically increase ore per trip.
- Levels 20-30 - Mine Coal at the Lumbridge South-west mine, dumping ore at the Shattered Worlds Banker. Switch to Iron Ore occasionally if you haven't achieved 30 Smithing. Upgrade your ore box to Steel to drastically increase ore per trip.
- Levels 30-40 - Mine Mithril ore at the Varrock South-east mine, dumping ore at East Varrock Bank. Switch to Coal occasionally if you haven't achieved 40 Smithing. Upgrade your Ore Box to Mithril to drastically increase ore per trip.
- Levels 40-50 - Mine Adamantite ore at the Rimmington mine, banking at the Clan Camp (Clan Vexillum recommended). Switch to Luminite occasionally if you haven't achieved 50 Smithing. Upgrade your ore box to Adamant to drastically increase ore per trip.
- Levels 50-60 - Mine Runite ore at the Fight Arena South-east mine, dumping ore at Yanille Bank. Switch back to Luminite occasionally if you haven't achieved 60 Smithing. Upgrade your ore box to Rune to drastically increase ore per trip.
- Levels 60-70 - Mine Orichalcite ore at the Mining Guild, dumping ore at a furnace in the Artisan's Worshop. Switch to Drakolith occasionally if you haven't achieved 70 Smithing. Upgrade your ore box to Orikalkum to drastically increase ore per trip.
- Levels 70-80 - Mine Phasmatite at the Port Phasmatys South mine (Ectophial or 92 Agility recommended). Switch to Necrite Ore occasionally if you haven't achieved 80 Smithing. Upgrade your Ore Box to Necronium to drastically increase ore per trip.
- Levels 80-90 - Mine Banite ore at Pirates' Hideout in the Wilderness. It's possible to deposit ore at a forge or anvil right next to the rocks. Alternately, mine at the Arctic (azure) habitat mine, banking with a teleport of choice. Upgrade your ore box to Bane to drastically increase ore per trip.
- Levels 90-97/99 - Mine Light and Dark animica at Prifddinas while the Voice of Seren is benefiting the Trahaearn District. Upgrade your ore box to Elder Rune to drastically increase ore per trip.
- Levels 97-99 - Mine alaea crablets found in Uncharted Isles if you have already achieved 99 Smithing.
Smithing[edit | edit source]
Where to gather ingredients/items[edit | edit source]
- Coal - Managing Miscellania.
- Snape grass - Aberrant spectres > waterfiends > fungal magi > picking them up on Waterbirth Island.
- Red spiders' eggs - Croesus > Spidines (Get sardines from Port Sarim), killing vyres, Spirit spider special attack.
- Limpwurt root - Croesus > Corporeal beast, Iorwerth guard, vyres, General Graardor.
- Raw shark - Heart of Gielinor, fishing in the Fishing Guild, waterfiends (for The Fremennik Trials), Temple Trekking.
- Raw rocktail - Telos > Rise of the Six > Vorago > Raids > Divine rocktail bubbles > fishing rocktails.
- Bird's nest - Arch-Glacor >Telos > Solak > Nihils > Kree' arra > Meilyr worker > Managing Miscellania > Giant Mole bits.
- Bucket of sand - Moss golems > 84 free buckets of sand from Bert (120 after Ardougne Elite Tasks), seaweed from waterfiends or northwestern corner of Piscatoris. Use the Superglass Make lunar spell, Ithell worker.
- Bowstring - Temple Trekking > Cadarn worker > spinning flax, either on the spinning wheel in Seer's Village wearing Seer's headband 2 for 33% faster spinning, or use the Spin flax lunar spell with flax obtained from Miscellania, for example.
- White berries - Corporeal beast > Iorwerth guard > Kurask > white berry bushes, spawned north of Tirannwn lodestone.
- Magic seed - Araxxor > Nex > Bird's nests > Kalphite King.
- Potato cactus - Fungal Magi, up to 40 noted potato cacti can be obtained daily from the Weird Old Man, depending on Desert Tasks completion.
- Dragon scale dust - Meilyr worker > Taverley blue dragon resource dungeon.
- Pure essence - Capsarius in Sunken Pyramid > abyssal demons > black demons > greater demons. Check the rune chest in Wizards' Tower for free pure essence every Runecrafting level.
- Vial of water - Meilyr Clan Store and Noterazzo sell Vial of water packs.
- / Powerburst Vial/Vial - Players can buy more empty vials by decanting full vials into 1-dose vials and back to four doses at any decanting NPC while banking excess vials. In order for this to work properly, players need to ensure that the Destroy empty vials when decanting potions setting is disabled (Settings -> General -> Inventory -> Destroy empty vials when decanting potions).
Quest items[edit | edit source]
Achievement items[edit | edit source]
Seeds and herbs[edit | edit source]
|Avantoe seed||Automatons, Edimmu, Vyres, Dark beasts|
|Cadantine seed||Edimmu, Moss Golems, Kal'gerion demons, Turoth|
|Dwarf weed seed||Araxxor, Barrows: Rise of the Six, Vyres|
|Fellstalk seed||Dark beasts, Mature grotworms, Aberrant spectres|
|Irit seed||Vyres, Dark beasts, Cave horror|
|Kwuarm seed||Automatons, Ice strykewyrms, Vyres, Dark beasts|
|Lantadyme seed||K'ril Tsustaroth, Exhiled kalphite marauders|
|Ranarr seed||Vyres, Aberrant Spectres|
|Snapdragon seed||Vyres, Kalphite King, Dark beasts|
|Toadflax seed||Vyres, Dark beasts|
|Torstol seed||Nex, Kalphite King, Vorago, Vyres, Queen Black Dragon|
|Grimy avantoe||Araxxi, Nex, Aberrant spectres, Vyres|
|Grimy cadantine||Nex:AoD, Solak, Moss golems, Smoke nihils|
|Grimy dwarf weed||Telos, Araxxor, Nex, Raids, GWD2|
|Grimy fellstalk||Farming, Divine Herb 3|
|Grimy irit||Solak, Aberrant Spectres, Crystal Shapeshifters|
|Grimy kwuarm||Solak, Kalphite King, Aberrant Spectres, Crystal Shapeshifters|
|Grimy lantadyme||Telos, Helwyr, Araxxi, Beastmaster Durzag, Camel warriors|
|Grimy ranarr||Vyres, Aberrant Spectres, Chaos Giants|
|Grimy snapdragon||Nex:AoD, Vyres, Kalphite King|
|Grimy toadflax||Telos, Vyres, Crystal Shapeshifters|
|Grimy torstol||Telos, Nex, Vorago, Queen Black Dragon|
Summoning ingredients[edit | edit source]
- (46) Tinderbox - Stock of 60,000 tinderboxes from Ignatius's Hot Deals south of Seers' Village. Nearest bank just southwest at the Temple of Ikov archaeological site.
- (49) Raw beef - Stock of 100 raw beef from Rufus's Meat Emporium in Canifis. Stock of 6 raw beef packs (300 raw beef) from Chargurr in Oo'glog.
- (52) Raw bird meat - Stock of 6 raw bird meat packs (300 raw bird meat) from Chargurr in Oo'glog.
- (55) Jug of water - Stock of 1000 Jug of water in the form of Jug of water packs from Beefy Bill's Supplies in North Lumbridge, The Lighthouse Store in Lighthouse, and Shantay Pass Shop in Shantay Pass,
- (64) Bagged plant 1 - Stock of 1000 from Garden Centre in Falador
- (70) Pot of flour - Stock of 500 from Wydin's Food Store or from the Port Khazard General Store
- (88) Unicorn horn - Commander Zilyana or killing Unicow under the Tower of Life.
- (96) Yak-hide - Stock of 1,000 from Vanligga Gastfrihet on Jatizso.
- (99) Steel ingot - Mining Iron ore or buy Steel platebodies from armour stores converted into steel ingots at a furnace.
- Gold charm - Giant Rock Crabs > Hellhounds
- Green charm - Abyssal walker > Mithril dragons
- Crimson charm - Nex > Araxxor > Waterfiends > Corrupted Scorpions (with Aggression potions) > Celestial dragons
- Blue charm - Nex > Kalphite King > Exiled kalphites > Celestial dragons
Mini-guides[edit | edit source]
Mort myre fungus gathering[edit | edit source]
- Wield an ivandis flail/silver sickle (b) and Morytania legs 1, bring 2 prayer renewal flask/prayer flasks.
- Teleport to Morytania via fairy ring code BKR and running west, or by opening the gate south-west of Canifis and running south.
- Stand just south of the deposit chest in between the rotten logs (as pictured) and cast bloom.
- The sickle and Ivandis flail can be keybound on the ability bar
Papaya fruit gathering[edit | edit source]
- Fruit bats are summoning familiars that require 69 summoning to create and summon
- Create fruit bat pouchs, and convert some of them into scrolls. (It is recommended to create at least 20 times more scrolls than pouches)
- Teleport to Mazcab via Grouping System interface, Mazcab Teleport spell, or by simply walking to Wizard Chambers.
- Run to Kanatah (East) and stand near the banker (as pictured).
- Summon a fruit bat and cast fruitfall
- You can buy summoning potions to replenish summoning points
- Buying all the potions can be very useful for making extreme potions and ultimately overloads
- Buying every potion from the shop costs 1,601,250 an hour
This can be up to 600 papaya fruits an hour.
This can be done at the same time as training other skills. It is recommended to dismantle, fletch, or create unfinished potions while casting Fruitfall.
Cutting teak logs[edit | edit source]
- Deadliest Catch and Monkey Madness quest required, as well as 35 Woodcutting. It is highly recommended to have the highest tiered hatchet available to you.
- Alternative to Deadliest Catch, the Evil Tree Distraction and Diversion log-banking bonus can be used instead.
- Bring a hatchet, preferably an augmented crystal hatchet with Refined and Polishing perks
- A beaver familiar with extra pouches (and super restore), decorated woodcutting urns, lumberjack clothing and lumberjack aura are also very helpful.
- After a full inventory, run to the bank chest and deposit the logs. The area running back to the trees is a straightway allowing full surge capability.
- There is a small chance that you will cut a special teak log. Two of these special teak logs can be exchanged to a sawmill operator (bring noted) along with 27 normal teak logs for 27 teak planks, for free.
A teak tree grants 85 Woodcutting and 90 Construction experience per log cut.
Killing vyres[edit | edit source]
For lower levels
- Equip a Blisterwood weapon or Sunspear and your Darkmeyer disguise.
- Find and kill stray vyres (possible locations marked by red squares).
- Stand in the middle of the 3 vyres that spawn east of the tree.
- Prioritise AoE abilities such as hurricane (melee), bombardment (range), and dragonbreath (magic).
- It is recommended to enable auto-retaliate and area looting
For free prayer and health restoration, you can run to the bank and prayer altar to the north.
- This method is around 85,000 prayer experience an hour.
For higher levels
These experience rates are assuming Soulsplit and Morytania legs 4 are used
- Set up your seedicide to crush seeds like belladonna seeds, poison ivy seeds, and cactus seeds. Other seeds are optional.
- Stand on the tile north-east of the tree as pictured (this is so all 6 vyres can reach you).
- Prioritise AoE's such as corruption blast or hurricane.
- It is recommended to enable auto-retaliate and area looting.
- It is important to not move from the square. In order to pick up loot, drop an item below you and area loot your item back, along with surrounding loot. Alternatively, the area loot screen may be keybound under controls.
- This method is around 320,000 Prayer experience an hour.
Recommended Equipment[edit | edit source]
- Augmented Sunspear - Cheap, hybrid, augmentable, easily replaceable and the highest tier weapon for vyres make this a popular choice for Invention training and mid-level slayer.
- Berserk blood essence - good pocket slot item for boosting offensive stats, used before overloads.
- Holy wrench - main pocket slot item while slaying, for preserving prayer and super restore potions.
- Morytania Elite Tasks - 50%+ increase in Prayer experience
- Corruption, salvation, and harmony auras - Every 500 prayer experience gained, 3-10% (depending on tier) of prayer points are restored.
- Perks - Aftershock 3 Precise 5 Scavenging 4 Biting 3
- Fire and Nature runes in rune pouch for high alchemy
Creating decorated urns[edit | edit source]
Urns can be a great way of augmenting skilling experience per hour. When mining in Prifddinas with the Ithell Voice of Seren active, there is a 50% chance for each mined soft clay to be transported directly to the player's bank. This takes precedence over sign of the porter effects.
After the soft clay has been gathered, it is now time to create urns. Down below is a calculator, which will tell you approximately how many urns you need to create for the inputted goal level (automatically set to 99). The calculator does not take into account any bonus experience you may have, such as a skilling outfit or the wise perk.
It is highly recommended to make Cooking, Fishing, Runecrafting, Farming and Woodcutting urns first before any other urns.
Urn calculator[edit | edit source]
template = Urn calculator form = urncalcin result = urncalcout param = current|Current Level/XP|1|int|0-200000000|| param = goal|Goal Level/XP|99|int|0-200000000||
Type in any skill level and you will see a list of all the highest tiered urns and the amount needed to achieve your goal level.
Dungeoneering crafting[edit | edit source]
Up to 100k Crafting experience an hour along with 100k Dungeoneering experience (rates for 99+ dungeoneering), with some experience in a multitude of skills such as Woodcutting, Fishing, Fletching, Summoning and combat. It is recommended to buy the Scroll of dexterity as early as possible to save hides while doing this method.
- Start a complexity 6 small floor and complete the dungeon while picking up drops, cutting trees, fishing, opening the chests, and infusing/high alching summoning pouches. Cookie-cutter: F1-30 c6 small and 30+ c6 med.
- Gather as many rusty coins as possible. This is to purchase Protomastyx hide from the Smuggler
- Purchase some thread and Protomastyx hide. Craft Protoleather bodies and sell them to the Smuggler. Repeat until you no longer have enough rusty coins to continue crafting. Alternatively, High Level Alchemy can be used to get more rusty coins per body than selling to the Smuggler, but this is a much slower process than selling a full inventory at once and requires having nature runes.
- Upgrade your ring of kinship into the artisan variant, which gives a chance of saving resources while skilling, with gatherer, which gives a chance of gaining resources as a secondary.
- Training dungeoneering as an ironman is different than a main, because as an ironman you want to maximise free experience gain
- The hide can be keybound to the ability bar speeding up the process of crafting a large quantity of hides at a time.
Equipment[edit | edit source]
|This is a table of viable capes for an ironman, in order of worst to best. For a more complete list see Capes.
|This is a brief list of viable options for ironmen. For a full list see Weapon/Melee weapons.
The beginning tier of weapons can be skipped after completing Waterfall Quest, which rewards enough experience to level your Attack and Strength to level 30 if done at level 1.
For magic equipment, see Ironman Mode/Strategies/Magic.
For ranged equipment, see Ironman Mode/Strategies/Ranged.
Boss strategies[edit | edit source]
Ironmen can't purchase most of their equipment so they may kill bosses outside of the recommended stats and gear. To make up for this, different strategies are sometimes used.
Dagannoth Rex[edit | edit source]
Out of all the Dagannoth Kings, Dagannoth Rex is the easiest to safe-spot. This makes it possible for lower levels to get easy kills. His notable drops are the warrior ring, berserker ring and some pieces of rock-shell armour. Not only those drops, but all Dagannoth Kings drop dragon hatchet, and dagannoth hide.
- Magic power armour
- Fire spells
- High Level Alchemy
- Shield for Resonance
- Emergency teleport (Ectophial recommended)
- Couple logs, for cremating the dagannoth bones
To start a Dagannoth Kings instance, it's recommended to use the fastest spawn speed as only one of the Kings is to be killed. Upon entering the instance, quickly move to spot 1, surging along the way. Attack Dagannoth Rex when he spawns with Combust, and move back into spot 1, wait, and use Resonance to heal off his first, and hopefully only successful hit. Move into spot 2 once Rex is in range, indicated by his hitting the player. Kill him without worry, as the other Kings won't come into attack range. Once Rex is dead, collect the loot and either wait in the complete safety of spot 2 for around 10 seconds then move to spot 1, or move directly into spot 1. Either way, before Rex spawns again, use Regenerate to convert your remaining adrenaline into health, or stall your adrenaline for the next kill by killing the minions in the water or using Anticipation, Freedom, and Preparation. If done right you shouldn't end up using any food besides the occasional agro by one of the other two Kings. If that does happen, it's advised to quickly exit via the entrance while using protect from ranged, or protect from magic if the more damaging, Dagannoth Prime happens to attack on the way out.
Kiting bosses[edit | edit source]
Kiting is when you run away from a melee-based opponent being out of reach of the target, resulting in them being unable to attack you. This is most effective when used at bosses that only melee, but still can be used on bosses that attack with multiple styles. An under-geared Ironman would want to do this because it allows them to continue to kill a boss for extended periods of time with minimal supply use, albeit slower kills due to the inability to take full advantage of abilities such as Sunshine or Asphyxiate. Popular bosses to kite as a low level Ironman are:
Beastmaster Durzag's primary method of attacking is by throwing melee punches and slams, increasing enrage to the aggression holder if multiple hits are dealt. He can also send range attacks to many of the players in the arena, including to the person holding aggression if the beastmaster can't hit them, but these attacks do not increase enrage. A player can take advantage of this by running around the arena to substantially decrease the enrage stack gain. If the player has not been hit by a melee attack for more than 15 seconds, the enrage resets back to 0. This allows a single player to tank Beastmaster Durzag for a long period of time without the need of a backup tank.
Recommended gear[edit | edit source]
- An armour piece augmented with Enhanced Devoted 3 perk.
- An armour piece augmented with Mobile perk.
- High defence armour, like Achto Primeval robe top or Seasinger's robe top
- Oo'glog spa infinite run energy boost
- A mint cake .
- Arcane spirit shield or any other Spirit shield equivalent, in conjunction with Penance aura.
- High healing food, such as Rocktail soup and Super Saradomin brew flask (6).