|Release||4 January 2001 (Update)|
|High alch||35 coins|
|Low alch||23 coins|
|On death||Always kept outside Wild|
|Used in Smithing (10).|
|Exchange||980 coins (info)|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
An iron bar is a metal bar refined through the Smithing skill by smelting two iron ore together, either using a furnace or the Superheat Item spell. Smelting an iron bar requires a Smithing level of 10 and grants 2 Smithing experience. Iron bars can be smelted 25% and 50% faster beginning at Smithing levels 14 and 17, respectively. Additionally, starting at Smithing level 19, there is a chance of smelting an extra bar without consuming additional ores.
The ring of forging enables the smelting of iron bars from only one iron ore.
Smithing[edit | edit source]
|Used with||Anvil, Furnace|
|Experience (per bar)|
|Experience (per ore)|
Smelting[edit | edit source]
|2 XP||-||3 (1.8s) [recipe 1]||980|
Cost analysis[edit | edit source]
|Ring of forging||519||461|
Products[edit | edit source]
- This list was created dynamically, and shows the first 100 items alphabetically.
- To force an update of this list, click .
- For an exhaustive list of items, click .
Drop sources[edit | edit source]
|Random event gift||?||2–6||Unknown|
|Spirit impling jar||N/A||5||Unknown||N/A|
Disassembly[edit | edit source]
|Disassembly category||Planks, bars, and leather|
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||89.0%|
Update history[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Before the Mining and Smithing rework, noted iron bars could occasionally be found inside barrels, now iron stone spirits may be found instead.
- Before the Mining and Smithing rework, iron bars required level 15 Smithing and a single iron ore to be smelted. At that level, players had a 50% chance of failing, which would consume the ore without producing a bar. This chance decreased by 1% per level until reaching 20% at level 45. To obtain a 100% smelting success ratio, players needed to use Superheat Item, a ring of forging, the blast furnace or have level 99 Smithing.