Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Release||4 January 2001 (Update)|
|High alch||35 coins|
|Low alch||23 coins|
|On death||Always kept outside dangerous area|
|Used in Smithing (10).|
|Exchange||2,535 coins (info)|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
An iron bar is a metal bar refined through the Smithing skill by smelting two iron ore together, either using a furnace or the Superheat Item spell. Smelting an iron bar requires a Smithing level of 10 and grants 2 Smithing experience. Iron bars can be smelted 25% and 50% faster beginning at Smithing levels 14 and 17, respectively. Additionally, starting at Smithing level 19, there is a chance of smelting an extra bar without consuming additional ores.
The ring of forging enables the smelting of iron bars from only one iron ore.
Iron bars can be forged at an anvil into iron equipment. A list of items produced from iron bars and their requirements may be found here.
Smithing[edit | edit source]
|Used with||Anvil, Furnace|
|Experience (per bar)|
|Experience (per ore)|
Smelting[edit | edit source]
|2 XP||-||3 (1.8s) [r 1]||2,535|
- ^ Superheat Form will reduce this by 1 tick.
Cost analysis[edit | edit source]
|Ring of forging||1,275||1,260|
- ^ Cost analysis is based on the use of a staff of fire or equivalent.
Products[edit | edit source]
This is an auto-generated list (update now), and shows the first 100 items alphabetically. For all items, click here.
Drop sources[edit | edit source]
For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here.
|Spirit impling jar||N/A||5||Uncommon|
Disassembly[edit | edit source]
|Disassembly category||Planks, bars, and leather|
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||89.0%|
Update history[edit | edit source]
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included—see here for how to help out!
- patch 17 May 2021 (Update):
- The Ring of Forging's effect now works correctly when smelting Iron Bars in New Varrock.
- Fixed an issue that prevented players with both the Smelting Gauntlets and a Ring of Forging equipped from smelting 60 Iron Bars at once.
- patch 7 January 2019 (Update):
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Before the Mining and Smithing rework, noted iron bars could occasionally be found inside barrels, now iron stone spirits may be found instead.
- Before the Mining and Smithing rework, iron bars required level 15 Smithing and a single iron ore to be smelted. At that level, players had a 50% chance of failing, which would consume the ore without producing a bar. This chance decreased by 1% per level until reaching 20% at level 45. To obtain a 100% smelting success ratio, players needed to use Superheat Item, a ring of forging, the blast furnace or have level 99 Smithing.