Investigator's notebook is a book given to the player by Abbess Benita. It is used to record the progress in Sister Anna's murder investigation during the One Piercing Note quest.
The book can be used to keep track of clues found - every time a clue is found it is added to the book. Once all clues from a particular method of investigation have been found, it will be crossed out in the front of the book. This is useful if clues are missing, since it will show which method of investigation the required clues are from. It can be stored in the bookcase of your player-owned house.
May the light of Saradomin and the voice of Saint Elspeth clear your mind and guide you to the truth.
Examine Sister Anna’s body in the infirmiry (SW of abbey)
• Face mutilated.
• Feet mutilated.
• Blunt wound on back of head.
• Stab wounds in chest.
Search Sister Anna’s (SE of abbey) cell and anywhere else relevant in abbey
• Window smashed from the inside
• Cloth fragment under bed
• Cloth fragment in applicant dormitory
• Sister Cecilia claims she was in the oratory at the time of the murder.
• I heard the hymn choir’s hymn to Saint Elspeth.
• Sister Cecilia told me about the ripper demon.
• Sister Catherina claims she was in the scriptorium at the time of the murder.
• An applicant visited the abbey recently but disappeared.
• Sister Elena claims she was in the kitchen at the time of the murder.
• Sister Elena claims that food had been stolen form the cellar.
• Sister Elena disliked Sister Anna. She claimed that Sister Anna argued with Abbess Benita.
• Sister Debora claims she was in the clock tower at the time of the murder.
• Abbess Benita was planning to retire, and Sister Anna would have succeeded her as abbess.
• Valerio claims he was in Al Kharid at the time of the murder.
• I heard a song that Valerio sang about a dancing girl.
• Valerio had a history with Sister Anna.
Examine Sister Elena’s body and search crime scene (basement, NE of abbey)
• Blunt wound on back of head.
• Claw marks on arms and hands.
• Multiple stab wounds in chest.
• Scratches on feet.
• Face not mutilated.
• Body moved from near reliquary to bottom of stairs.
• Killer may have hidden in the robe cabinet.
Search Sister Elena’s cell (SE of abbey) and anywhere else relevant in abbey
• Love letters from Valerio under Sister Elena’s bed.
• Secret passage from the kitchen to outside the abbey.
Question suspects again
• Sister Cecilia claims she saw the Ripper demon in the act of mutilating Sister Elena’s feet.
• Valerio confirmed that he had been having an affair with Sister Elena.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- patch 24 March 2014 (Update):
- The Investigator's notebook title text is now aligned correctly.
- patch 22 November 2011 (Update):
- The One Piercing Note investigator’s notebook is now contained in a Player Owned House bookcase.
- The investigator's notebook now contains all of the clues from One Piercing Note after the quest is completed.