Instance shard world
An instance shard world is a world (or server) sharded off from the rest of the servers. A player cannot access an instanced shard world except through specific means such as activating a trigger or teleporting to said location.
RuneScape's first instanced shard world takes place in the form of the updated Tzhaar Fight Pits. When players chose to play "globally", the players were taken to a world which cannot be accessed from the world select screen. This world is referred to as an instance shard world, and one cannot teleport out of it. Upon being disconnected, you are returned to the cave entrance and told "This world no longer exists."
Players can also access an instance shard world through Clan Citadels. When a player accesses the Clan Citadels portal, they are taken to the shard world specifically designed for their clan. Every clan has their own personal shard world, which allows multiple clans to co-exist on the same map without interfering with each other. This allows clan mates, regardless of their actual world number, to interact with each other at their citadels.
Players see this term when trying to teleport out of their Clan Citadels or when playing globally in the Tzhaar Fight Pits; this is impossible, as in order to leave the shard, you must leave through the only entrance: the Citadel portal or cave entrance respectively. Attempting to teleport leaves you with a message stating "You cannot teleport from an instance shard world."
Activities and areas[edit | edit source]
- Clan Citadels
- Burthorpe Games Room
- Flash Powder Factory
- Big Chinchompa
- Cabbage Facepunch Bonanza
- Historical: TzHaar Fight Pit
- Historical: The Crucible
Update history[edit | edit source]
- hotfix 7 August 2017 (Update):
- 02/08, 08:15 UTC: Players can once again log into instance-only worlds.
- hotfix 31 July 2017 (Update):
- 25/07, 01:30 UTC: An issue that was preventing players from logging into an instance shard world after 0:00 UTC has been fixed.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The term "shard" refers to a splinter server, compared easily to a piece of wood or rock shard splintering off from the main object.
- Logging on to Old School RuneScape will display them as World 179-189. You can also see this if a friend goes into one of the instanced worlds and you check your Friends list, Clan chat, etc.