|Release||15 February 2011 (Update)|
|Stacks in bank||No|
|Destroy||If you destroy this urn, you will have to start a new one.|
|Backpack||Check level, Destroy|
|High alch||1 coin|
|Low alch||1 coin|
|On death||Always kept outside Wild|
|This is collecting impious, accursed, infernal, tortured and searing ashes when I slay demonic creatures.|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
See also Infernal urn (nr)
An infernal urn can be created at 62 Crafting (assist system can be used) with two pieces of soft clay and an air rune. Making it from the potter's wheel gives 40 Crafting experience, and firing it gives it 60, making it a total of 100 per urn. It is used with Prayer to help with gaining experience.
The urn fills with experience the player would have earned if the ashes had been scattered instead of collected. It is filled when the player would have earned 1,562.5 Prayer experience with the urn in inventory.
Once the infernal urn is full, it can be teleported to Ernie for 1,875 Prayer experience, which is a 20% Prayer experience bonus for all types of demonic ashes, compared to the base experience given for scattering them. Players with an urn enhancer in their inventory will gain an additional 25% XP bonus, for a total of 2,343 Prayer experience.
The infernal urn essentially acts as a temporary bonecrusher for demon-type ashes. Once ashes have been collected into the urn, they cannot be removed. Scattering ashes already in a player's inventory does not fill the urn. The urn cannot be used with altars or the ectofuntus.
Since the 20% experience bonus the infernal urn gives is less than the bonus that the ectofuntus and gilded altar give, it is recommended to use the infernal urn only in situations where it would be inefficient to manually loot ashes. For example, if a player uses 25 infernal ashes with an infernal urn, this would result in 1,875 prayer experience. If the ashes were instead used on the ectofuntus, this would instead result in 6,250 prayer experience.
If you started this urn, and die with it, it will be destroyed and will not appear at your gravestone.
If buying fired urns (nr) from the GE, each urn costs 2.18 gp/xp, or 1.93 gp/xp with an urn enhancer, not counting the cost of the ashes used to fill it; only counting the bonus xp (compared to scattering the ashes manually) the cost per urn works out to 13.08 gp/xp, or 5.79 gp/xp with an urn enhancer.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Steps to complete:
- Mine clay.
- Use the clay on a water source to make soft clay. Which can be skipped if the clay was mined with a bracelet of clay or from a soft clay rock.
- Use the soft clay on a potter's wheel. You may need to use the drop down menu in the top left of the window to select the urn category.
- Use the (unf) urns on a pottery oven to fire them.
- Add the air rune to the urn.
Filling[edit | edit source]
|# of ashes|
|Impious ashes||Accursed ashes||Infernal ashes||Tortured ashes||Searing ashes|
Disassembly[edit | edit source]
|Disassembly category||Default disassembly items|
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||98.9%|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 4 April 2011 (Update):
- Having this prayer urn in the bank no longer prevent ashes from dropping.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The blue stripes on the urn seem to get darker on HD when it fills up (a tint for every quarter).
- If you have 10 Infernal Urn (full) you will no longer be able to collect ashes in urns. You will be prompted with a message saying: "You should get rid of some of your prayer urns before starting a new one."
- When checked on 50%, it says "This infernal urn is half full, or is it half empty?" in reference to how optimists and pessimists perceive things differently.