|Release||15 February 2011 (Update)|
|High alch||1 coin|
|Low alch||0 coins|
|Exchange||1,569 coins (info)|
|A heap of ashes from an arch demon.|
|FAQ • doc|
Infernal ashes are a 100% drop from black demons, abyssal demons, tormented demons, nechryael, Kal'gerion demons, Ripper demons, and most demon bosses. They can be scattered for 62.5 Prayer experience, taken to the Ectofuntus for 250 Prayer experience or used at a POH gilded altar with both incense burners lit for 218.7 Prayer experience. Note that if you use demon ashes on the Ectofuntus, you do not need to use them on the bone grinder to produce bonemeal.
They can also be used when killing the demons mentioned above to fill an infernal urn. It takes 25 infernal ashes to fill an infernal urn, which grants 1,875 experience when teleported (equivalent to 75 experience per infernal ashes, which is an extra 20%).
These ashes are usually a cheaper alternative to dragon bones, although prices often fluctuate, and players should look into the experience-cost ratio of each before any major training.
Cost and XP analysis[edit | edit source]
|Scatter||Gilded altar or
|Cost per XP||-25.1||-7.2||-6.3|
- It is assumed that two burners are lit while using the gilded altar and does not include the cost of clean marrentill.
Disassembly[edit | edit source]
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||72.5%|
Drop sources[edit | edit source]
|Abyssal demon (elite)||107||1||Always|
|Avaryss, the Unceasing||1000||163–249 (noted)||Uncommon|
|Black demon (Dungeoneering)||86; 103; 121; 138||1||Always|
|Demon Flash Mob||Not Available||5||Always||N/A|
|Demon Flash Mob||Not Available||30; 40||6/128||N/A|
|Demon Flash Mob||Not Available||60||6/128||N/A|
|Demon Flash Mob||Not Available||1||Always||N/A|
|Demon boss||200||30; 40; 60||Uncommon|
|Demon boss||200||1; 5||Always|
|Greater demon (Dungeoneering)||43; 74; 106; 138||1||Always|
|K'ril Tsutsaroth||98; 650||1||Always|
|K'ril Tsutsaroth||98; 650||5 (noted)||Common|
|K'ril Tsutsaroth||98; 650||15–20 (noted)||Common|
|Kal'gerion demon (The Shadow Reef)||114||1||Always|
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Before 25 February 2011 one could un-note infernal ashes using a butler at a POH. Jagex has since changed this, now they can no longer be un-noted by any butler.
- On the first day of release, the Grand Exchange price for infernal ashes was set at 1,700 coins. However the ashes were actually selling for over 5,000 coins, which was closer to the price of bones giving similar prayer experience.
- A player choosing to use infernal ashes all the way from 1-99 Prayer, using a gilded altar with lit burners and no other experience boosts, would, if all the ashes were bought at the current medium price on the Grand Exchange, spend 93,511,761.5.
- Additionally the first two ashes would take them straight to level 5 Prayer.
- Using the Ectofuntus would cost 81,804,088.96. Simply scattering the ashes would cost 327,216,355.82.