|Release||15 February 2011 (Update)|
|High alch||1 coin|
|Low alch||1 coin|
|A heap of ashes from an arch demon.|
|Exchange||984 coins (info)|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
Infernal ashes are a 100% drop from black demons, abyssal demons, tormented demons, nechryael, Kal'gerion demons, Ripper demons, and most demon bosses. They can be scattered for 62.5 Prayer experience, taken to the Ectofuntus for 250 Prayer experience or used at a POH gilded altar with both incense burners lit for 218.7 Prayer experience. Note that if you use demon ashes on the Ectofuntus, you do not need to use them on the bone grinder to produce bonemeal.
They can also be used when killing the demons mentioned above to fill an infernal urn. It takes 25 infernal ashes to fill an infernal urn, which grants 1,875 experience when teleported (equivalent to 75 experience per infernal ashes, which is an extra 20%).
These ashes are usually a cheaper alternative to dragon bones, although prices often fluctuate, and players should look into the experience-cost ratio of each before any major training.
Prayer info[edit | edit source]
|Prayer XP||62.5 xp|
Cost and XP analysis[edit | edit source]
|Scatter||Gilded altar[a 1],
Chaos Temple or
burying with powder of burials
Products[edit | edit source]
|Infernal magic incense sticks||6,451|
|Infernal yew incense sticks||6,729|
Drop sources[edit | edit source]
Disassembly[edit | edit source]
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||72.5%|
Achievement[edit | edit source]
- Bury All ( 20) – Manually bury or scatter each of the listed bones and ashes.
Update history[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Before 25 February 2011 one could un-note infernal ashes using a butler at a POH. Jagex has since changed this, now they can no longer be un-noted by any butler.
- On the first day of release, the Grand Exchange price for infernal ashes was set at 1,700 coins. However the ashes were actually selling for over 5,000 coins, which was closer to the price of bones giving similar prayer experience.
- A player choosing to use infernal ashes all the way from 1-99 Prayer, using a gilded altar with lit burners and no other experience boosts, would, if all the ashes were bought at the current medium price on the Grand Exchange, spend 58,645,999.56.
- Additionally the first two ashes would take them straight to level 5 Prayer.
- Using the Ectofuntus would cost 51,303,520.42. Simply scattering the ashes would cost 205,214,081.66.