Incite is a basic Constitution ability. When activated, it dramatically increases the likelihood that the player's attacks will cause the target to attack them instead of their allies. This ability lasts until it is cancelled and has no effect in PvP. This persists after log off and login.
Incite is often used by teams at bosses such as the Kalphite King. Due to the large damage these bosses deal, some teams prefer to have one team member as the tank who will receive the majority of the hits from the boss. The tank will have Incite active, while the rest of the team does not, and the boss will focus its attacks on the tank.
To deactivate, click on the incite ability again.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- 12 July 2021 (Update):
- The ability description has been updated to reflect that it does not generate adrenaline.
- patch 11 January 2016 (Update):
- Incite no longer shows on the buff bar on free worlds.
- patch 15 June 2015 (Update):
- Incite will now persist on the buff bar if the player dies or logs out.
- When first released it had the same animation as Freedom.
- It is the highest level Constitution ability in free-to-play. This also makes Constitution the f2p skill with the lowest level required to unlock all abilities in f2p, excluding passive improvements at each level (i.e. more life points).