|Release date||19 September 2012 (Update)|
|Also called||Imperial Guard Quartermaster (challenges)|
|Quest NPC||• Gower Quest|
|Examine||• Manages Challenges and gives out rewards for completing them.
• An old soldier with a rebellious glint in his eye.
|NPC ID||19720, 22864|
|Infobox • (multi) • Talk page|
Captain Haskell is a member of the Burthorpe Imperial Guard, formerly ranked at the position of quartermaster. As such, he was in charge of the daily challenge system, prior to his replacement by Challenge Mistress Fara on 17 February 2014.
Since then, he has held a grudge against Fara, and constantly calls her insults in spite.
He currently plays a small role in Gower Quest.
Quartermaster & Daily Challenges[edit | edit source]
As Imperial Guard Quartermaster, Haskell was in charge of giving out daily challenges, a way to guide players in what skills to train, in return for a reward.
Additionally, Haskell explained the system and awarded reward bags for completing a daily challenge, which could be done through a right-click option. He also acted as a method for blocking unwanted challenges, on the condition that the player had achieved Skill mastery in that respective skill.
Removal and Rival Challenges[edit | edit source]
Without the permission (or objection) from any higher ups in the Guard, Haskell teamed up with Alice  to start giving out Challenge tokens. These functioned similar to the normal daily challenge, with notable differences being they were only obtainable through Treasure Hunter, they could be redeemed anywhere, and they took less time to complete, and that they were only offered for three skills: Hunter, Agility, and Thieving.
Current status[edit | edit source]
Currently, Haskell is ranked Captain in the Imperial Guard, overseeing new recruits, as his leg injury prevents him from active duty.
Dialogue[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Haskell and Fara featured in the Rival Challenges Head Banner.
Haskell's introduction to Daily Challenges
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 22 September 2014 (Update):
- Captain Haskell no longer has a right-click option for raffle tickets.
- patch 17 February 2014 (Update):
- The Imperial Guard Quartermaster has retired and has been replaced with Challenge Master Fara.
- patch 29 August 2013 (Update):
- The Quartermaster in Burthorpe no longer references the old Noticeboard.
- patch 19 December 2012 (Update):
- Reworded some of the Imperial Guard Quartermaster's dialogue to make it clearer what he'll check when handing in a daily challenge.
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ Mod Liono. "Daily Challenges & Noticeboard." 19 September 2012. RuneScape News. Access the Noticeboard, or speak to the Imperial Guard quartermaster in Burthorpe.
- ^ Mod William. Heist - New Minigame (English). Jagex. 17. (Archived from the original on 31 May 2021.) "The quartermaster who previously handed out rewards for the Daily Challenge system has been replaced by Challenge Mistress Fara, and the surrounding area has been updated."
- ^ Captain Haskell, "Rival Challenges", RuneScape. "But I've always liked my old quartermaster's job, so I decided to do it on my own, and here I am. Captain Haskell, freelance quartermaster extraordinaire. Not sure how the commander feels about it, but I've had no complaints yet."
- ^ Captain Haskell, "Rival Challenges", RuneScape. "I've come to an arrangement with Alice, and she'll give away tokens in Treasure Hunter."
- ^ Jagex. "Treasure Hunter – Rival Challenges." 11 September 2014. RuneScape News. To get your hands on his rival challenge tokens all you need to do is unlock Treasure Hunter chests from Friday 12th September to Monday 15th September.
- ^ Captain Haskell, "Rival Challenges", RuneScape. "Well, with my leg, I'm not fit any more for active service. They promoted me to captain and set me overseeing the new recruits."