The Imcando pickaxe is a gilded dragon pickaxe combined with the 4 Imcando pickaxe fragments obtained from the geyser random event in the Lava Flow Mine after completing the Birthright of the Dwarves quest. To combine them, the player must bring all four fragments (1, 2, 3, 4), a gilded dragon pickaxe, 1,000,000 coins, and a redberry pie to Thurgo. A normal dragon pickaxe cannot be used. The Imcando pickaxe requires 80 Mining to mine with. A gilded dragon pickaxe that is stored on the tool belt can be used to create the Imcando pickaxe, but doing so will remove the stored pickaxe from the tool belt and an iron pickaxe will automatically take its place.
The Imcando pickaxe has the same mining bonuses as the bane pickaxe + 4, but it can be augmented using an augmentor to make the augmented Imcando pickaxe.
The Imcando pickaxe, or the augmented variant, can be combined with the crystal pickaxe and a blast fusion hammer at any anvil to make the Pickaxe of Earth and Song.
The Imcando pickaxe cannot be reverted to a dragon pickaxe by any straightforward means, but it can be used in place of a dragon pickaxe for the creation of a crystal pickaxe. If the player asks Lady Ithell to revert their crystal pickaxe it will be changed back into a standard, non-gilded dragon pickaxe. As usual, the 4,000 harmonic dust required for creating the crystal pickaxe will not be refunded.
If a player decides to have Nastroth reset their Defence level to 1, the Birthright of the Dwarves quest will be reset and the Imcando pickaxe will revert back into a dragon pickaxe. When killed in the Wilderness and holding it in the inventory or wielding it, on drop it will remain as an Imcando pickaxe and not revert to gold or any other item.
Best method to farm the Imcando pickaxe fragments would be by world hopping worlds for the lava geysers, averaging 10–20 minutes to collect all four.
|0 XP||0 XP||1 (0.6s) ||-|
| Mining level||80|
| Smithing level||82|
| Completed Birthright of the Dwarves|
|Must bring all of the necessary components to Thurgo|
| Members only|
|Gilded dragon pickaxe||1||26,674,639||[r 1]26,674,639|
|Imcando pickaxe fragment 1||1||N/A||-|
|Imcando pickaxe fragment 2||1||N/A||-|
|Imcando pickaxe fragment 3||1||N/A||-|
|Imcando pickaxe fragment 4||1||N/A||-|
- ^ Calculated value given on the item page (generally based on GE prices of ingredients): [show/hide formula]
This is an auto-generated list (update now
), and shows the first 100 items alphabetically. For all items, click here
Concept art of the Imcando pickaxe
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- patch 23 July 2018 (Update):
- The imcando pickaxe auto-smelt ability will now correctly work in corrupted ore in Prifddinas.
- Initially, a blast fusion hammer was going to be one of the items required for creating the pickaxe, but since that required the completion of While Guthix Sleeps, it was changed to a 1,000,000 coin fee.
- This was one of three player-created pieces of content released with the Birthright of the Dwarves quest.
- Prior to the Mining and Smithing rework, the Imcando pickaxe was as effective as the dragon pickaxe, but carried an additional effect. When made, it was enchanted and granted 20% extra Mining experience and could incinerate ores mined for Smithing experience. It had 100 charges of this, and could be restored by mining another lava geyser. These effects were all removed with the rework.