|Release||30 March 2020 (Update)|
|High alch||120,802 coins|
|Low alch||80,534 coins|
|A special tool for carefully uncovering and excavating artefacts.|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
An imcando mattock is an augmentable mattock which requires level 80 Archaeology to use. However, making it requires level 81 Archaeology, and accessing the location where it's created requires an item obtainable after reaching 83 Archaeology (81 when boosting with cups of soil tea).
To create an imcando mattock, a player needs access to Thalmund's Forge, a dragon mattock, and the four imcando metal pieces received in the following order: slice of imcando metal, shard of imcando metal, lump of imcando metal, and chunk of imcando metal. These imcando metal fragments are found while excavating anywhere in the Warforge, including the surface level material caches. The chance of receiving imcando fragments is unaffected by luck enhancers but increases based on the player's archaeology level. The imcando pieces will drop to the ground if the player's inventory is full.
Although an imcando mattock requires level 80 Archaeology to use, its precision and focus are equivalent to an elder rune mattock (which requires level 90 Archaeology to use).
|Armour||0.0||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|Life points||0||Style bonuses|
|FAQ • docs|
Archaeology[edit | edit source]
Accessing Thalmund's Forge[edit | edit source]
Accessing Thalmund's Forge is required for creating the imcando mattock. For access, the player must:
- Find all 12 keys at the Warforge dig site:
- Dorgeshuun key, already in the northern Forge Door; no need to obtain it.
- Horogothgar key, initial crucible arena excavation site.
- Drogokishuun key, after excavating the barricade, go down the stairs both ways at the initial entrance.
- Huzamogaarb key, excavate anything (including the nearby material caches Vulcanised rubber and Yu'biusk clay which require at least level 76 Archaeology) in the area of the goblin dorm debris which requires at least level 83 Archaeology (or 81 Archaeology with a cup of soil tea).
- Saragorgak key, excavate anything (including the material caches Mark of the Kyzaj, Warforged bronze and Malachite green) in the area of the Big High War God shrine which requires at least level 76 Archaeology for the material caches or level 89 Archaeology (or 87 Archaeology with a cup of soil tea) for the Big High War God shrine.
- Garagorshuun key, fish eel swarms or cavefish in the green river in the middle which requires at least level 28 Fishing. The key is guaranteed if you haven't received it after catching 50 fish. 
- Thorobshuun key, mining any of the copper, tin, or necrite rocks to the south. The key is guaranteed if you haven't received it after mining 50 ores.
- Ekeleshuun key, go through south-east tunnel which requires at least level 35 Dungeoneering.
- Idithuun key, go through south-west tunnel which requires at least level 35 Dungeoneering.
- Narogoshuun key, go through west tunnel which requires at least level 35 Dungeoneering.
- Yurkolgokh key, in the south-west area, north of the goblin dorm debris, attempt to open the southern "Forge door" (of Thalmund's Forge).
- Rekeshuun key, go through north-west tunnel which requires at least level 35 Dungeoneering.
- Use all keys to unlock Thalmund's Forge, on the northern door.
- Pull the lever in the centre of the room.
Gaining access to the forge will also complete a mystery, Into the Forge.
Creation[edit | edit source]
One must first learn how to make the mattock by offering Thurgo, located south of Port Sarim, a redberry pie and 1,000,000 coins. The player must have all four imcando metal pieces, an unaugmented dragon mattock, and a redberry pie in their inventory when talking to Thurgo. The imcando mattock must be made using the Imcando anvil inside the small southwest room of Thalmund's Forge, which can be accessed at level 83 Archaeology (boostable from 81 with a cup of soil tea) in the Warforge dig site.
|0 XP||0 XP||?||-|
|Must be performed at an Imcando anvil in Thalmund's Forge|
|Must learn how to create from Thurgo|
|Chunk of imcando metal||1||N/A||-|
|Lump of imcando metal||1||N/A||-|
|Shard of imcando metal||1||N/A||-|
|Slice of imcando metal||1||N/A||-|
Products[edit | edit source]
- This list was created dynamically, and shows the first 100 items alphabetically.
- To force an update of this list, click .
- For an exhaustive list of items, click .
|Mattock of Time and Space||N/A|
Disassembly[edit | edit source]
|Disassembly category||Pickaxes and mattocks|
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||2.3%|
|? × Simple parts||Unknown|
|? × Variable components||Unknown|
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 14 April 2020 (Update):
- The chance of receiving an Imcando Mattock piece now increases in line with your Archaeology level.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The inventory model is slightly different from the equipped model, suggesting that a different design may have been considered during development.
- Both the inventory model and equipped model are noticeably duller and of a slightly more purplish hue compared to the imcando metal and concept art of the mattock.
- If textures are turned off, the colours of the mattock when equipped are more similar to those of the concept art.
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ Jagex. JagexIago's Twitter account. 8 April 2020. JagexIago: "@RSWiki the luck effects do not increase your chance at the likes of Imcando pieces"
- ^ a b Mod Rowley. Imcando keys not dropping from eels. Reddit. 28 April 2020. (Archived from the original on 29 April 2020.) Mod Rowley: "The keys from fishing and mining are a 100% guaranteed drop if you don't already have one after 50 successful catches/ores."