|Release||30 March 2020 (Update)|
|Backpack||Wield, Add to tool belt|
|High alch||120,802 coins|
|Low alch||80,534 coins|
|A special tool for carefully uncovering and excavating artefacts.|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
An imcando mattock is an augmentable mattock which requires level 80 Archaeology to use. However, making it requires level 81 Archaeology, and accessing the location where it's created requires an item obtainable after reaching 83 Archaeology (80 when boosting with Archaeology potion).
To create an imcando mattock, a player needs access to Thalmund's Forge, a dragon mattock, and the four imcando metal pieces which are received in the following order: slice of imcando metal, shard of imcando metal, lump of imcando metal, and chunk of imcando metal. These imcando metal fragments are found while excavating anywhere in the Warforge Dig Site, including the surface level material caches. The chance of receiving imcando fragments is unaffected by luck enhancers but increases based on the player's Archaeology level. The imcando pieces will drop to the ground if the player's inventory is full.
Although an imcando mattock requires level 80 Archaeology to use, its precision and focus are equivalent to an elder rune mattock (which requires level 90 Archaeology to use).
Creating an imcando mattock currently costs 15,501,847 coins.
Combat stats[edit | edit source]
|Armour||0.0||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|Life points||0||Style bonuses|
|FAQ • docs|
Archaeology[edit | edit source]
Accessing Thalmund's Forge[edit | edit source]
Accessing Thalmund's Forge is required for creating the imcando mattock. For access, the player must:
- Find all 12 keys at the Warforge dig site:
- Dorgeshuun key, already in the northern Forge Door; no need to obtain it.
- Horogothgar key, initial crucible arena excavation site.
- Drogokishuun key, after excavating the barricade, which requires 83 Archaeology, and Entering "Tunnels Entrance" from the top level, choose both "left" and "right" in the dialogue box.
- Huzamogaarb key, excavate anything (including the material caches of vulcanised rubber and Yu'biusk clay) in the area of the goblin dorm debris in the South goblin tunnels. The vulcanised rubber requires level 76 Archaeology, while the Yu'biusk clay and goblin dorm debris require 83 Archaeology. Boosts can be used to excavate any of these.
- Saragorgak key, excavate anything (including the material caches of Mark of the Kyzaj, warforged bronze, and malachite green) in the area of the Big High War God shrine in the North goblin tunnels. The material caches requires level 76 Archaeology, while the Big High War God shrine requires level 89 Archaeology. Boosts can be used to excavate any of these.
- Garagorshuun key, fish cavefish near the malachite green or eel swarms from the bridge over the green river in the middle which requires at least level 28 Fishing. The key is guaranteed if you haven't received it after catching 50 fish. 
- Thorobshuun key, mining any of the copper, tin, or necrite rocks to the south. The key is guaranteed if you haven't received it after mining 50 ores.
- Ekeleshuun key, go through south-east tunnel which requires at least level 35 Dungeoneering.
- Idithuun key, go through south-west tunnel which requires at least level 35 Dungeoneering.
- Narogoshuun key, go through west tunnel which requires at least level 35 Dungeoneering.
- Yurkolgokh key, in the south-west area, north of the goblin dorm debris, attempt to open the southern "Forge door" (of Thalmund's Forge).
- Rekeshuun key, go through north-west tunnel which requires at least level 35 Dungeoneering.
- Use all keys to unlock Thalmund's Forge, on the northern door.
- Pull the lever in the centre of the room.
Gaining access to the forge will also complete a mystery, Into the Forge.
Creation[edit | edit source]
- Learn how to make the mattock from Thurgo:
- Visit Thurgo, located south of Port Sarim, with the following items in your inventory:
- Visit the Thalmund's Forge inside Warforge Dig Site which can be accessed at level 83 Archaeology (boostable)
- Create the imcando mattock using the imcando anvil inside the small southwest room of Thalmund's Forge
|0 XP||0 XP||?||-|
|Must be performed at an Imcando anvil in Thalmund's Forge|
|Must learn how to create from Thurgo|
|Chunk of imcando metal||1||N/A||-|
|Lump of imcando metal||1||N/A||-|
|Shard of imcando metal||1||N/A||-|
|Slice of imcando metal||1||N/A||-|
Products[edit | edit source]
- This list was created dynamically, and shows the first 100 items alphabetically.
- To force an update of this list, click .
- For an exhaustive list of items, click .
|Mattock of Time and Space||N/A|
Disassembly[edit | edit source]
|Disassembly category||Pickaxes and mattocks|
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||2.3%|
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 14 April 2020 (Update):
- The chance of receiving an Imcando Mattock piece now increases in line with your Archaeology level.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The inventory model is slightly different from the equipped model, suggesting that a different design may have been considered during development.
- Both the inventory model and equipped model are noticeably duller and of a slightly more purplish hue compared to the imcando metal and concept art of the mattock. If textures are turned off, the colours of the mattock when equipped are more similar to those of the concept art.
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ Jagex. JagexIago's Twitter account. 8 April 2020. (Archived from the original on 22 October 2020.) JagexIago: "@RSWiki the luck effects do not increase your chance at the likes of Imcando pieces"
- ^ a b Mod Rowley. Imcando keys not dropping from eels. Reddit. 28 April 2020. (Archived from the original on 29 April 2020.) Mod Rowley: "The keys from fishing and mining are a 100% guaranteed drop if you don't already have one after 50 successful catches/ores."