Illuminated Book of War
|Illuminated Book of War|
|Release||7 November 2011 (Update)|
|Stacks in bank||No|
|Destroy||This book can be reclaimed from the bookcase in your player-owned house for a fee, are you sure you wish to destroy it?|
|Backpack||Wear, Check charge, Preach, Destroy|
|Equipped||Activate/Deactivate, Check charge, Preach|
|The holy book of the Big High War God.|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
The Illuminated Book of War is one of the illuminated god books obtainable after completing the quest One Piercing Note. It is created by going into one of the south-western rooms in the Abbey of St. Elspeth Citharede and using Bandos's Book of War on the book-making table. This requires 60 Prayer and 60 Crafting, and grants 10,000 Prayer and Crafting experience the first time it is done. The process produces an additional item, rather than replacing an existing book. Creating the Illuminated Book of War also unlocks the corresponding override.
The Illuminated Book of War has better stats than the original Book of War in all applicable categories. If lost, it can be reclaimed from a player-owned house bookcase for 120,000 coins. However, the book will lose all its remaining charges, requiring the player to add additional god pages in order to activate the passive effect.
Combat stats[edit | edit source]
|Armour||0.0||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|Life points||0||Style bonuses|
|FAQ • docs|
Passive[edit | edit source]
The book of war can be activated like a scrimshaw to provide a passive combat effect. The book can be recharged with any Bandos page, giving 45 minutes of active time per page. This is shared, unchanged, with the original book. 3 hours is the maximum amount of time that the book can be charged for; giving it a recharge of 4 total pages from 0 to 100%.
The passive has a 5% chance to activate per hit, and it has a 12 second cooldown once activated before it can activate again. When it activates, a shockwave hits the target, dealing 90-150% damage (PvP: 30-90%), reducing the target's Defence level by 5% + 5 and increasing its affinity values by 3 for 12 seconds.
This is based on General Graardor's hard mode ranged attack.
Creation[edit | edit source]
To create an Illuminated Book of War, the player must first go to the Abbey of St. Elspeth Citharede east of Al Kharid. They must then use the original Book of War on the book-making table and correctly follow the procedure for book copying. Steps must be performed in order; otherwise, the copy is ruined, and players must begin again. The steps are:
- Copy text
- Embellish capitals
- Add colour
- Add gold leaf
Each step of the process consumes between 200 and 250 Prayer points. There is a nearby altar in the Abbey that can be used to recharge Prayer if necessary. Attempting a step with less than 200 Prayer points will reset your progress and force you to start over. Gold leaf is not required to complete the book, as it is provided by the table.
Completing the illuminated book awards players with 10,000 Crafting experience and 10,000 Prayer experience the first time it is done, and unlocks the corresponding override. As the process creates a new item, the player may keep or discard the original copy as desired.
Transcript[edit | edit source]
- Big High War God want great warriors. Because you can make some more, I bind you in Big High War God name.
- You die too easy.
- Big High War God make you strong, so you smash enemies.
- Big High War God say: You not run away from battle, or Big High War God strike you.
- Big High War God say: Good warrior kill enemies, before he get squished.
- Big High War God say: Follow and obey your commander, unless they run away.
- Big High War God say: If you not worthy of Big High War God, you get made dead soon.
- Big High War God say: If your friend get killed, be happy; they were too weak for Big High War God.
- Big High War God say: War is best, Peace is for weak.
Update history[edit | edit source]
- ninja 23 November 2020 (Update):
- patch 12 September 2016 (Update):
- Lowered the base hit-chance bonuses of Illuminated Book of War, from 5% to 3%.
- Lowered the internal cooldown for Bandos'/Illuminated book of war to match the other books.
- patch 7 January 2014 (Update):
- The illuminated god books have been renamed to match the changes made to the regular versions.
- patch 24 June 2013 (Update):
- The illuminated books of the gods can now be added to the Player-Owned House bookcase.
- patch 4 March 2013 (Update):
- Creating Illuminated god books is now using the correct amount of prayer points per step.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
|God books (Override)|
|Illuminated god books (Override)|